October 25, 2014 | 1427 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean Fragrance Free Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I picked up Clean Fragrance Free Pressed Powder for $2 from a local vintage clothing store. I'm sure you all already know, but this is discontinued & the alternative/replacement is Clean Pressed Powder, Sensitive Skin—it has a sensitive fragrance free formula that helps minimize irritation & redness for those with delicate skin. Though it claims to be fragrance free, there is still a smell to it. It's not bad, but it is not unscented.

As you would expect, I bought this because I have oily, sensitive skin… all right, & because it was cheap! I carried this around with me on a daily basis. I've always had oily skin, but it worsened once I went to college—probably due to stress—& I desperately needed a skin tone, not transparent, powder. I was so excited to see a pressed powder that had shades available for people with dark/black skin, I decided I had to have it. Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of buying powders without swatching in the store to test the colour.

I bought the darkest shade (Soft Sable 275) & to no surprise, it was WAY too dark except for when it's summertime. I wish I could have gotten Toasted Almond 270, or maybe even Tawny 265. Anyway, because it's far too dark to wear three-fourths of the year, I have no option but to use it to contour. The few months I could wear it, it was a good powder! Despite it being too dark, it sat naturally on my skin & took the shine away & that's all I ask of any powder.

If you can SOMEHOW get your hands on the "old" design, I suggest it. The "new" one does not have good reviews. Apparently, the compact itself is cheaply made & does not provide as wide a colour selection. The original shades are gone! I haven't purchased its replacement & have no intent to.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by DEbeachgirl74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this powder since high school in creamy natural. I use it to set my foundation or alone on days I'm not wearing as much makeup. It blends well and keeps my skin tone even and shine free. I like the scent. I gave 4 lippies for packaging bc like others have said if you drop it the clasp breaks or the back hinge or even the mirror. It really sucks to drop a new one and then have to deal w the case broken! Otherwise it's a staple for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

didnt really like this product..it made me look very ghostly and slightly cakey. it also didnt set my makeup very well or control excess oils. also i think this broke me out even more. overall a bad quality product

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by CristiK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder. I am a big fan of all the Cover Girl pressed powders. The compact is just perfect-easy to use, good size, sturdy, nice soft puff, good mirror, etc. The powder is soft and smooth and does what I want it to do-set my foundation, eliminate shine, etc. A great product, even at twice the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by alexandramcke

I used this pressed powder for about 2 months, ever few days .. I do not like it. I find the color 'classic ivory' made me look orange. I used a CG foundation in the same color, but the powder left me looking orange and I had a horrible orange ring around my face.. I tried to blend it out, and it just caked up and looked flakey. It emphasized the dryness on my face and I don't think it really did that much to preserve my foundation. for the price you pay, i think you get what you pay for.. It's nothing comparable to high end setting powders, but for people who are just getting in to makeup ,and/or are looking to save money, i think it would a good choice. I just will not use it again .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by addictedtomakeup01

I have been using this powder to set my foundation and i have just hit pan after having it for a couple of months and it still is so nice ! it does not make my face blotchy or seem powdery. mine is in 125 - buff beige .

it is not drying on my skin. and i love it ! ! !

would totally repurchase this and the packaging is pretty nice and is sturdy , does not cost a lot.

hope this helped !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only pressed powder foundation I've ever used. It never clogged my pores, and it goes great with the matching liquid foundation. I use it everyday, and the only thing I can say about it is that it rubs off after about 2 or 3 hours of use and the packaging breaks very very easily. I dropped it once on linolium and the entire mirror fell off. I was very upset, but I was running out anyway, so I bought a new one. Anyway, it is the same price as the matching foundation, 5.00 or so, and that's really good for makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

All the ladies in my family were hooked to this pressed powder for a good number of years cuz it was available in our skin tone (Indian brown), came in a strong case, the puff was soft and felt good against our faces and of cors, the powder itself didn't damage our skin. When I grew up I realised it settles into my pores a bit although it doesn't look cakey as such. Its a nice powder but we've all moved on to better products...we DID use this for a long tym! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by kbur084

a very good powder, i dont get the "caked" look with this powder at all. overall i was very happily surprised with the quality of it, compast, puff and the product itself. it does everything you would expect it you and so i will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, so the powder I tried is newer than the one in the pictue, it comes in a brown case but this is the same product. This powder was averadge it covered my blackheads that I have on my nose well, reduced shine and evened out my skintone but it couldn't be used as foundation unless your skin is close to perfect and seeing as this is a makeup site I don't think anyone here is perfect myself included. I was really annoyed with the packaging though if you drop the case it WILL break, I've done this twice now the little powder puff it comes with is OK it serves it's purpose but it's nothing special. Still this is what I would expect from a drug store brand and if you want an amazing product you're going to have to spend a little more money. Also it does have a powdery smell, it smells good but it's not fragrance free.