January 30, 2015 | 1715 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean Fragrance Free Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2015 5:26:00 AM More reviews by batmannlove

I might have the old version of this (green compact) but I used this powder to the very end and I enjoyed it for the purpose of retouching during the day as it was very finely milled. As a setting powder at the beginning of the day it did not last too long though - maybe a few hours.
Was good in terms of not being cakey but not good in long-term performance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I picked up Clean Fragrance Free Pressed Powder for $2 from a local vintage clothing store. I'm sure you all already know, but this is discontinued & the alternative/replacement is Clean Pressed Powder, Sensitive Skin—it has a sensitive fragrance free formula that helps minimize irritation & redness for those with delicate skin. Though it claims to be fragrance free, there is still a smell to it. It's not bad, but it is not unscented.

As you would expect, I bought this because I have oily, sensitive skin… all right, & because it was cheap! I carried this around with me on a daily basis. I've always had oily skin, but it worsened once I went to college—probably due to stress—& I desperately needed a skin tone, not transparent, powder. I was so excited to see a pressed powder that had shades available for people with dark/black skin, I decided I had to have it. Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of buying powders without swatching in the store to test the colour.

I bought the darkest shade (Soft Sable 275) & to no surprise, it was WAY too dark except for when it's summertime. I wish I could have gotten Toasted Almond 270, or maybe even Tawny 265. Anyway, because it's far too dark to wear three-fourths of the year, I have no option but to use it to contour. The few months I could wear it, it was a good powder! Despite it being too dark, it sat naturally on my skin & took the shine away & that's all I ask of any powder.

If you can SOMEHOW get your hands on the "old" design, I suggest it. The "new" one does not have good reviews. Apparently, the compact itself is cheaply made & does not provide as wide a colour selection. The original shades are gone! I haven't purchased its replacement & have no intent to.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by DEbeachgirl74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this powder since high school in creamy natural. I use it to set my foundation or alone on days I'm not wearing as much makeup. It blends well and keeps my skin tone even and shine free. I like the scent. I gave 4 lippies for packaging bc like others have said if you drop it the clasp breaks or the back hinge or even the mirror. It really sucks to drop a new one and then have to deal w the case broken! Otherwise it's a staple for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

didnt really like this product..it made me look very ghostly and slightly cakey. it also didnt set my makeup very well or control excess oils. also i think this broke me out even more. overall a bad quality product

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by CristiK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder. I am a big fan of all the Cover Girl pressed powders. The compact is just perfect-easy to use, good size, sturdy, nice soft puff, good mirror, etc. The powder is soft and smooth and does what I want it to do-set my foundation, eliminate shine, etc. A great product, even at twice the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by alexandramcke

I used this pressed powder for about 2 months, ever few days .. I do not like it. I find the color 'classic ivory' made me look orange. I used a CG foundation in the same color, but the powder left me looking orange and I had a horrible orange ring around my face.. I tried to blend it out, and it just caked up and looked flakey. It emphasized the dryness on my face and I don't think it really did that much to preserve my foundation. for the price you pay, i think you get what you pay for.. It's nothing comparable to high end setting powders, but for people who are just getting in to makeup ,and/or are looking to save money, i think it would a good choice. I just will not use it again .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by addictedtomakeup01

I have been using this powder to set my foundation and i have just hit pan after having it for a couple of months and it still is so nice ! it does not make my face blotchy or seem powdery. mine is in 125 - buff beige .

it is not drying on my skin. and i love it ! ! !

would totally repurchase this and the packaging is pretty nice and is sturdy , does not cost a lot.

hope this helped !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only pressed powder foundation I've ever used. It never clogged my pores, and it goes great with the matching liquid foundation. I use it everyday, and the only thing I can say about it is that it rubs off after about 2 or 3 hours of use and the packaging breaks very very easily. I dropped it once on linolium and the entire mirror fell off. I was very upset, but I was running out anyway, so I bought a new one. Anyway, it is the same price as the matching foundation, 5.00 or so, and that's really good for makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

All the ladies in my family were hooked to this pressed powder for a good number of years cuz it was available in our skin tone (Indian brown), came in a strong case, the puff was soft and felt good against our faces and of cors, the powder itself didn't damage our skin. When I grew up I realised it settles into my pores a bit although it doesn't look cakey as such. Its a nice powder but we've all moved on to better products...we DID use this for a long tym! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by kbur084

a very good powder, i dont get the "caked" look with this powder at all. overall i was very happily surprised with the quality of it, compast, puff and the product itself. it does everything you would expect it you and so i will repurchase.