Cover Girl Clean Fragrance Free Pressed Powder

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/9/2015 2:34:00 PM

I miss this powder sooooo much! I keep buying this anywhere online I can find it, because it is the best pressed powder I have ever used! I must have gone through 50 compacts in my lifetime, and I curse Covergirl for discontinuing this! Everyone I know had one of these in their purse, so I am not sure why they felt the need to get rid of it, but the now ALSO discontinued "Sensitive" powder was nothing like the original fragrance-free (I hated it). I loved the slim pretty teal colored compact, and how it mattified my shiny t-zone without ever being heavy or cakey. I will keep using this powder as long as I can find it, and hope that CG brings it back... they tend to re-market the same products over and over again under new names, so fingers crossed.

on 3/17/2015 10:06:00 PM

I happened to stumble across this at a thrift shop for $2, so I had to get it. I actually love this. It gives me no coverage, but it mattifies my face perfectly. I've read that the green compact style was discontinued, so im happy to have found this one.

on 1/27/2015 5:26:00 AM

I might have the old version of this (green compact) but I used this powder to the very end and I enjoyed it for the purpose of retouching during the day as it was very finely milled. As a setting powder at the beginning of the day it did not last too long though - maybe a few hours.
Was good in terms of not being cakey but not good in long-term performance.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I picked up Clean Fragrance Free Pressed Powder for $2 from a local vintage clothing store. I'm sure you all already know, but this is discontinued & the alternative/replacement is Clean Pressed Powder, Sensitive Skin—it has a sensitive fragrance free formula that helps minimize irritation & redness for those with delicate skin. Though it claims to be fragrance free, there is still a smell to it. It's not bad, but it is not unscented.

As you would expect, I bought this because I have oily, sensitive skin… all right, & because it was cheap! I carried this around with me on a daily basis. I've always had oily skin, but it worsened once I went to college—probably due to stress—& I desperately needed a skin tone, not transparent, powder. I was so excited to see a pressed powder that had shades available for people with dark/black skin, I decided I had to have it. Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of buying powders without swatching in the store to test the colour.

I bought the darkest shade (Soft Sable 275) & to no surprise, it was WAY too dark except for when it's summertime. I wish I could have gotten Toasted Almond 270, or maybe even Tawny 265. Anyway, because it's far too dark to wear three-fourths of the year, I have no option but to use it to contour. The few months I could wear it, it was a good powder! Despite it being too dark, it sat naturally on my skin & took the shine away & that's all I ask of any powder.

If you can SOMEHOW get your hands on the "old" design, I suggest it. The "new" one does not have good reviews. Apparently, the compact itself is cheaply made & does not provide as wide a colour selection. The original shades are gone! I haven't purchased its replacement & have no intent to.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this powder since high school in creamy natural. I use it to set my foundation or alone on days I'm not wearing as much makeup. It blends well and keeps my skin tone even and shine free. I like the scent. I gave 4 lippies for packaging bc like others have said if you drop it the clasp breaks or the back hinge or even the mirror. It really sucks to drop a new one and then have to deal w the case broken! Otherwise it's a staple for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

didnt really like this product..it made me look very ghostly and slightly cakey. it also didnt set my makeup very well or control excess oils. also i think this broke me out even more. overall a bad quality product

on 7/7/2012 4:43:00 PM

I really like this powder. I am a big fan of all the Cover Girl pressed powders. The compact is just perfect-easy to use, good size, sturdy, nice soft puff, good mirror, etc. The powder is soft and smooth and does what I want it to do-set my foundation, eliminate shine, etc. A great product, even at twice the price.

on 2/28/2012 11:25:00 AM

I used this pressed powder for about 2 months, ever few days .. I do not like it. I find the color 'classic ivory' made me look orange. I used a CG foundation in the same color, but the powder left me looking orange and I had a horrible orange ring around my face.. I tried to blend it out, and it just caked up and looked flakey. It emphasized the dryness on my face and I don't think it really did that much to preserve my foundation. for the price you pay, i think you get what you pay for.. It's nothing comparable to high end setting powders, but for people who are just getting in to makeup ,and/or are looking to save money, i think it would a good choice. I just will not use it again .

I have been using this powder to set my foundation and i have just hit pan after having it for a couple of months and it still is so nice ! it does not make my face blotchy or seem powdery. mine is in 125 - buff beige .

it is not drying on my skin. and i love it ! ! !

would totally repurchase this and the packaging is pretty nice and is sturdy , does not cost a lot.

hope this helped !

on 12/17/2011 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is the only pressed powder foundation I've ever used. It never clogged my pores, and it goes great with the matching liquid foundation. I use it everyday, and the only thing I can say about it is that it rubs off after about 2 or 3 hours of use and the packaging breaks very very easily. I dropped it once on linolium and the entire mirror fell off. I was very upset, but I was running out anyway, so I bought a new one. Anyway, it is the same price as the matching foundation, 5.00 or so, and that's really good for makeup.