November 23, 2014 | 1042 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Quick Eyes Cream Shadow Muffin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only eye shadow I really use. I was never that huge on eye shadow mainly because I really didn't know what colors to use and how to apply it. I always thought it looked ridiculous on and that I just couldn't wear it. About a year ago I went to pick up some eyeliner and the sales lady suggested this to go with it (I used Chocolate Lustre cream shaper for eyes and have green eyes). It was perfect! It matched my eye liner and it was so easy to put on and blend (which I have now learned to do). It goes on creamy, but dries very fast and leaves a shimmery effect. No creases either! It stays on ALL DAY and I mean it! I used it so much and was surprised to see it empty since I hardly ever used to use eye shadow. I'm still scraping the sides for extra eye shadow. I'm a bit bummed they don't sell it on their site anymore. I haven't checked if it's in any stores, but I know there are wholesale sites online that still sell it. If new from Clinique, it is a bit pricey, but worth it for the ease of application and staying power!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by fpih

Muffin was my first Quick Eyes eye shadow and I was so happy with it, I went and bought another one as well (Rock Violet). Muffin lasts all work day on me (around 9 hours), it's fast and easy to apply even for beginners (which I am), and the color is discreet for everyday use without being invisible. It's a slightly sparkling/silvery taupe which looks much more sheer on the eyes than in the tube and enhances my hazel eyes/fair complexion very well. Plus, I have sensitive eyes and unlike many powder/pressed eye shadows, it did not irritate my eyes or lids. I'm sorry to see Quick Eyes eye shadows have been discontinued; I don't know if I can live without them now that I found them, so I'm probably going to hoard all I can find in the internet:(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by GlowFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

GORGEOUS! I went to my local Clinique counter after reading mixed reviews of the quick eye cream eye shadows. I swatched all of the colors onto my hand. I fell in love with ALL of them. Beautiful! Some better than others but this color in particular stood out to me. I bought this one and "Cocoa Shimmer"... both amazing. Easy to use. You have about 1 minute to smooth it on before if starts to dry... BUT! I must say out of every cream shadow I have used this one is the easiest and leaves the best/prettiest results. It's quick, pretty & reasonably priced so I say... GO FOR IT! I really love this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by rastaxcore

I bought this after finishing off a GWP size in Rock Violet and decided to get a more universal shade. This is a great product, with UDPP it stays on all day and blends well. The color is beautiful -- sable brown with slight bronze tones. It's my go-to for a casual, everyday eye look. The only problem is the packaging; the sponge applicator seems a little unsanitary and it makes it impossible to get all the product out of the tube. Having a squeeze tube with a pointed nozzle would be a much better way to package this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by mooncake421

When I first started using eyeshadow I never used to wear a base of any kind and they would crease terribly. Within an hour my eyeliner and shadow would basically disappear into my lids. Since I generally love Clinique as a brand, I decided to give their Quick Eyes Cream Shadow a try. It's advertised as being crease free for up to 10 hours. I don't think it I usually even wear makeup for that long but even with my very oily lids, it really doesn't crease at all, even with 8 hours of wear, which I think is a great accomplishment.

I think it's best if you use a thin layer at first, kind of like UDPP. The formula is definitely buildable for color but I like using it as a thin base and then layering powder shadow over it, and it definitely keeps my powder shadow and liner from creasing as well. I really like the applicator since I allows me to put on the shadow pretty accurately. The formula is generally awesome!! It feels really liquidy and moussey, which is great since I can spread it without tugging at my eyelids but it quickly dries down to a powder, so there's no messiness there.

I've tried Muffin, Lucky Penny and Sparkling Nude. I think Lucky Penny looked a little orangey on me, but most copper/peachy shades on my eyes turn out that way. I really like Muffin as a light shimmery cool taupe shade since I sometimes use it alone for a more sophisticated finish.

This is a great product and I think it works as both a "primer" and as a base for other shadows. Give it a try!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I've been waiting for this to arrive here for quite long time. Wanted Lucky Penny but got Muffin instead and certainly do not regret it, what a great acquisition! The shade is perfect, kind of taupe with metallic finish, it seems to last all the time you need on eye lid; I haven't tried it under extreme heat conditions yet, but it certainly lasted all day long on me with absolutely no smearing and without primer. It applies effortlessly, I really like the sponge applicator which allows a precise and fool's proof application; also you can built the color according to your taste.
5*****

continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by hotdot2122

What a great cream shadow! It really doesn't crease-never-not once all day! Muffin is the perfect everyday natural light brown color. I love it because it goes with everything! I can do any lip color and cheek color. It really enhances every eye color. I just use the wand applicator and do two layers one after another. Beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by gphibgoddess19

As soon as I can get a photographer, I will try and take an irl pic of this color. When I bought this it remnded me of MAC Coco pigment, of which I only have a sample. I came home and put coco on one lid and muffin on the other, and it is seriously identical on me! For reference I am NW15 but am rather neutral/cool. I put this over MAC Bare Study Paint Pot and applied muffin with my finger and blended it slightly into the crease. But I am so excited about this product because I love coco so much but can't afford to pay through the roof on ebay for a jar so I only wear it on occasion. Now I don't have to worry! Colorwise, in case you are not familiar with coco, this is a grey/brown/med. taupe color that is pretty shimmery. There is no glitter. The lasting power is awesome, it goes on creamy but dries to a powder-esque finish quickly. It is easy to blend and easy to remove. I can't wait to get more of these!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by paula3boys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color almost as much as Lucky Penny (in same product line). I just tried this on this morning and I love the way it makes my eyes look. I am not great at describing products, but want to let you know which colors to really check out so that is why I have reviewed all the colors I have tried so far. The only ones I haven't tried are Cocoa Shimmer and Truffle, which I now plan on getting asap. I hope that Clinique comes out with more colors because I just really like this product. It is funny because I never wore any Clinique cosmetics before, just used their skin care products.

These products in general (the colors that show up anyway- I didn't like Sea Shell, Sparkling Nude or Starlit Pink at all) have a way of making my dark brown eyes look prettier than I think they normally look. LOL. I wear each color on its own just on my lid, up into my crease. Nothing on the brow bone or whatever. I then pair it with an eyeliner of my choosing and some mascara (I love CG Lash Exact personally) and I am set. I am not a big fan of looking super "made up" so this is great. I love that you can take these in your purse- much easier than paint pots!

Like a reviewer said on other colors reviewed, I use applicator to put a small amount on my lid and then blend with my finger. I suppose I could use one of my million brushes, but I think this is easiest for me. It comes out creamy, but dries like a powder imo. Everyone should try at least once!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No