Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in Black Out

4.1

on 12/29/2014 2:07:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

a true, inky black, this stuff goes on smooth and dries to a high-gloss finish. I just got into polish a few months ago and it occurred to me that my bottle of black out is literally EIGHT years old and still applies like new. maybe a little thick, but polishes from this line in my experience tend to be just a bit on the runny/thin side anyway so my bottle if anything has only improved over time. not gummy or clumpy in the slightest.

docked one lippie because I haaate these bottles. somehow polish always seems to seep into the lid with these and make opening them back up a pain in the a$$. regardless this is a decent polish; can probably be opaque in one thick coat and becomes touch-dry in 10-20 min. would repurchase!

on 5/19/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my all time favorite black polish! It's a one coater for me, no streaks, no pooling, bald patches or bubbling! It lasts about four days on me. But I don't wear a top coat, and I work with my hands. I'm on my third bottle. Love love love!

on 1/29/2014 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Definitely not my favorite black polish. It's VERY cheap, so good when you're in a pinch and need some black polish, but I find it doesn't apply very evenly and that it doesn't stay very well (even with a top and base coat).

on 11/5/2013 12:34:00 AM

This is my favorite black polish right now. I love the look of a black mani, but I feel like so many "black" nail polishes are not black enough and are more of a really dark grey. Maybe I'm just too picky, but this polish is exactly what I was looking for! Super dark, rich, glossy black. I never go without a top coat, but I actually considered it when I used this because it was so shiny on its own. In two coats this was totally opaque and not at all splotchy or streaky. I have a few Xtreme Wear polishes so I'm used to the super-long brush, but if you haven't used this line it will take some getting used to. You really need to scrape off all sides of the brush handle as you pull it out of the bottle, otherwise you'll end up with big drips on your nails/fingers. I find that some Xtreme Wear polishes have a very strong paint smell, but I didn't notice it so much with this one.
The only reason this isn't getting 5 lippies from me is because I find the wear time isn't so great. I've used this with a regular top coat and a matte top coat (this looks awesome matte, btw), and I usually get chips after about 2 days. Average wear time for me with other polishes is generally about 5 days, so the wear is a little disappointing for me. But I love the way it looks and the price can't be beat, so I will keep repurchasing this color! I've even gifted this polish a few times I love it so much!

on 7/20/2013 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I have been playing with glitter nail polishes lately, and what I have really liked is applying glitter on top of this Sally Hansen black polish. It is outstanding!

It applies nicely, and is opaque on my smaller nails in one coat. I usually apply 2 coats anyway. It does.not.chip. I mean, I keep my nails pretty short and use a topcoat anyway, but still! I've worn it for a week with no chipping, although I usually get bored and change polish before seven days are up.

Most importantly, there is no staining of the nails! Factor in the low price, and this polish is a heck of a good value. Even if you don't wear plain black nail polish, there are lots of uses for it (may I recommend a little glitter on top? It's addictive).

on 6/3/2013 5:46:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is probably the best black nail polish that I've encountered. It's not too runny, but it does need a top coat to really shine. I typically have to apply two coats, but it's worth it for the good color.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite black nail polish I have ever tried, I love how sally hansen xtreme polishes are so opaque/highly pigmented.

I only have to apply 1 coat of this color which is great for when i'm in a hurry. LOVE

on 7/17/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's a super good price, And a good product too! I bought it for one of my halloween costumes one year and i've been buying it every sense then.

on 6/19/2012 7:05:00 PM

This is a pigmented black polish. I didn't need more than 2 coats. I wore this with top coat and did not try it without top coat. I had it on for about 3 days before I took it off because I wanted to change colors.There was some tip wear, which I normally get with most polishes, but no chipping. The formula was easy to work with and wasn't too thick or runny.

on 3/12/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

First of all, it's a REALLY good price. I normally buy OPI which is quite pricey so this seemed like a steal.

That being said, it's pretty good! I only needed one coat for this one since it goes on really opaque. I find the formula sliiiiightly watery though. It seemed to drip a little on the sides and it was kind of annoying trying to clean up the edges.

Overall, I would repurchase because of the price and it saves me time by needing only one coat.