August 1, 2014 | 1917 users online

Lip Gloss - Bath and Body Works - Temptations Hello Sugar! Hello To Go Kissable Lip Duo

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2008 1:00:00 AM More reviews by glasseyedpeas

FAIL
powder sucks...can be used a an eye shimmer someone suggested..but i don't want my eyes flavored..HAHA
gloss is okay
but totally not worth the 8 dollars I paid for it
big waste of money

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by stolenlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at the B&BW clearance sale for 4 USD.
Anyway, this has a powder shimmer on one end and a shimmery golden yellow gloss on the other side. Once applied it's just a sheer golden tone on my my mildly pigmented lips. It is quite pretty and the shimmer is quite gorgeous and not overly frosty. I would use it for everyday wear.
As for the sugar powder shimmer powder, when I first tried taking out the applicator for the powder a bunch of it sort of poofed out and I wasn't a fan of that. It was slightly metallic silver. I didn't really fancy putting that on my lips, because it looked not so wonderful and the lipgloss itself is shimmery enough I don't need it to reach frosty level. So I have no review for that end.
The lipgloss does have a slightly sugary taste to it and the lemon pound cake smell that is "Hello Sugar" is really wonderful though can become a bit much after a while, and even plastic to some degree.
Overall, I like the actual gloss well enough, but I would not repurchase it. Nor would I pay full price, since I am only using one side of it. Honestly, the gloss would have been better off if they didn't add the sugar powder. Powdery lips just isn't my cup of tea.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Same great Lemon Sugar scent as the rest of the Hello Sugar line, a great lemon sugar flavor (how you'd imagine the lotion & body wash would taste, if they had a flavor!). The gloss is pretty tiny, and is 2-ended...one end (the larger side) has the glittery lemon-yellow gloss (doe-foot applicator)...on my pigmented lips it shows up a sort of golden-caramelly shade with sparkle (very pretty!). It's also a little drying, but lasts quite awhile and wears off fairly well, leaving just the sparkle behind. Now....the other end I'm perplexed by. It's basically sugar powder...seriously! Silvery-white 'lip frosting' that you apply over the gloss, and its flavored & honestly tastes quite yummy. The problem is...the gloss itself is already long-lasting, and then you add this silver sugar over top and you look like you've eaten a powdered donut and forgot to wipe it all off. AND IT LASTS FOR A LOOONG TIME. I found the best way to blend the 2 is to apply the gloss itself AFTER the sugar. And the sugar applicator is a teeny spatula? Therefore the method of application is quite messy. So I'm on the fence about this one...because I actually REALLY like the color, but I'm not a fan of the formula or the 'sugar' end. So...for now...its a 'no' on the repurchase. I'll never run out anyway.