Bath and Body Works Temptations Hello Sugar! Hello To Go Kissable Lip Duo

2.3

on 12/26/2008 1:00:00 AM

FAIL
powder sucks...can be used a an eye shimmer someone suggested..but i don't want my eyes flavored..HAHA
gloss is okay
but totally not worth the 8 dollars I paid for it
big waste of money

on 6/11/2008 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at the B&BW clearance sale for 4 USD.
Anyway, this has a powder shimmer on one end and a shimmery golden yellow gloss on the other side. Once applied it's just a sheer golden tone on my my mildly pigmented lips. It is quite pretty and the shimmer is quite gorgeous and not overly frosty. I would use it for everyday wear.
As for the sugar powder shimmer powder, when I first tried taking out the applicator for the powder a bunch of it sort of poofed out and I wasn't a fan of that. It was slightly metallic silver. I didn't really fancy putting that on my lips, because it looked not so wonderful and the lipgloss itself is shimmery enough I don't need it to reach frosty level. So I have no review for that end.
The lipgloss does have a slightly sugary taste to it and the lemon pound cake smell that is "Hello Sugar" is really wonderful though can become a bit much after a while, and even plastic to some degree.
Overall, I like the actual gloss well enough, but I would not repurchase it. Nor would I pay full price, since I am only using one side of it. Honestly, the gloss would have been better off if they didn't add the sugar powder. Powdery lips just isn't my cup of tea.

Same great Lemon Sugar scent as the rest of the Hello Sugar line, a great lemon sugar flavor (how you'd imagine the lotion & body wash would taste, if they had a flavor!). The gloss is pretty tiny, and is 2-ended...one end (the larger side) has the glittery lemon-yellow gloss (doe-foot applicator)...on my pigmented lips it shows up a sort of golden-caramelly shade with sparkle (very pretty!). It's also a little drying, but lasts quite awhile and wears off fairly well, leaving just the sparkle behind. Now....the other end I'm perplexed by. It's basically sugar powder...seriously! Silvery-white 'lip frosting' that you apply over the gloss, and its flavored & honestly tastes quite yummy. The problem is...the gloss itself is already long-lasting, and then you add this silver sugar over top and you look like you've eaten a powdered donut and forgot to wipe it all off. AND IT LASTS FOR A LOOONG TIME. I found the best way to blend the 2 is to apply the gloss itself AFTER the sugar. And the sugar applicator is a teeny spatula? Therefore the method of application is quite messy. So I'm on the fence about this one...because I actually REALLY like the color, but I'm not a fan of the formula or the 'sugar' end. So...for now...its a 'no' on the repurchase. I'll never run out anyway.

Popular Lip Glosses