July 24, 2014 | 1883 users online

Hair Treatments - L'Oreal - Professional Ineral Hair Fixer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by B4theymkmerun

i love this stuff. i used it in the late 70s after a bad perm fried my hair and it really helped. i used it again years later to keep hair smooth after much bleaching. found it at sally supply about 4 years ago and bought a box. would like more and cannot find it anywhere, the people in sally have no clue what i am talking about. this stuff repairs your hair, not some silly deep conditioner. wish i could find this, but like all good stuff, it seems like it always gets discontinued like ANDRON cologne for women by jovan.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Didn't do anything to my hair. my hair was in the same condition after using several treatments. Didn't fix anything.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is NOT for thick, dry, curly hair. If this is the type of hair you have DO NOT USE THIS as it will do nothing for you. I tried it in my hair (and I have a lot of it so I had to do the treatment twice in order to cover all of my hair) and once my hair dried it was just a frizzy mess. My hair needs a lot of conditioning and moisture and this has none of that. This is for thinner, oilier hair that doesn't need all of the extra conditioning and leave-in treatments. I do not recommend this for curly haired people like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by sylkii

This product didnt do anything for me. I finished the whole treatments and never once felt a change in my hair. Wont buy again trying other products for my very dry hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by chickenlittle25

First I'll start with a little background. I quit bleaching my hair from light brown to platinum blonde a little over a year ago because I wanted super-long hair and was sick of all of the breakage I had. (little bits of hair all over my clothing and the floor every time I combed or brushed) During that year I've tried several products to help keep the bleached out part as healthy as possible without cutting it all off at once.

This product works pretty well for my hair. It did nothing for the healthy un-processed hair, but the frizzed out, bleached out ends are a lot more manageable and look a lot more like the healthy virgin hair. I don't use a blow dryer, so I had to put my hair up in a sleep-tail overnight to let it dry so the stuff wouldn't end up all over my face and neck. (my hair takes hours to dry).

I was a little concerned at the blue color, as I thought the processed hair might pick up some color since it's very porous, but it wasn't a problem. I did notice it was a little sticky in the morning, but once I ran a comb through my hair it was pretty and shiny and not sticky at all. I'm amazed that I didn't have to use conditioner with this product. Normally I have to use a regular conditioner, and then a leave-in on the ends just to get a comb through it.

It does seem to help a lot with mid-shaft breakage, but does nothing for split-ends, so if your ends are your only problem, this won't do much for you. I have to agree with others that Aphogee's 2-step reconstructor works better, although my personal experience with Aphogee is that while it does a great job and my hair looks a lot better the next day -- it feels really dry for a day or 2 following the treatment. I didn't have a dryness issue at all with this product, and I do like that. It's also much faster to use than Aphogee, so I will probably end up using both products in a rotation, depending on how much time I have.

This isn't a miracle treatment, but if you've got over-bleached hair, it makes a noticeable difference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These come with tablets that you drop into a small bottle and pour the accompanying solution until it turns blue. You then pour the solution on shampooed hair and let it sit before rinsing. It dried a little stiff, but my hair seemed stronger and my curls popped. The next day, I styled as usual and I was surprised about how little frizz I had. My hair looked very healthy which was a plus. I will continue to use every fourth shampoo since I highlight my hair and I do condition religiously. A good protein treatment, imo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by wws1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have used this product 5 times (there's still one more in the box) and I don't think it has done much for my hair. My hair was pretty damaged from thermal reconditioning and highlights, and I've been slowly restoring it back to health. I've had more success using Aphogee 2-step and my HG, Ion's 3-step system (also bought at Sally's).
The solution just feels like a light silicone serum coating my hair. My hair is usually a little stiff when it dries.

Update: I finished the box and lowered my rating. This did absolutely nothing for my hair. It was cheap though and I don't think it hurt my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by eimcrm46

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product and today was my first application and the difference is really big. I have bleach blonde hair and split ends and my hair now looks healthier and super soft. I apply the product and then blow dry my hair and just put a hair serum and it looks really great. I recommended this product to everyone with damage hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

THis wokrs best on over bleached hair. This along with aphogee is the best conditioner for over processed hair. I even asked a sales person at Sally beauty if there was anything better than these 2 products and she replied "no"

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by tracy0021

I dont know what to make of this product. I'm halfway through my second box (9 treatments so far) and I want to believe that it will repair my hair so I keep faithfully applying it every time I wash my hair but..I see or feel no difference in my hair. I have naturally curly over-processed light blonde hair that is halfway down my back, and is extremely damaged. I have split ends going up at least 2 inches and try to disguise this by applying biosilk with a heavy hand. I dont have any choice now but to get some major length cut off.