September 2, 2014 | 1556 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Wallpaper Shadow Box

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty colors (Grind, Shotgun, Last Call, Asphyxia, Uzi, Shattered, Smog, Chopper, Midnight Cowboy), but too much glitter and fallout. Also, the pigmentation doesn't seem to be as good as other UD shadows I've tried--perhaps this is because I got it from Nordstrom Rack and it's not as "fresh"? I do like how compact the packaging and the magnetic lock. I got this for a very reasonable price ($11.50), so I can't complain too much, but can't say I'm going to buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by hayleykat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ah, my first eyeshadow palette. (And the one that introduced me to color!) I still use it from time to time because the colors are lovely and pigmented, and surprisingly, the glitter is very easy to manage. As long as you tap before use, you should avoid some fall-out. Primers definitely help in this regard, but still be weary unless you're interested in looking like a disco ball. The colors are incredibly versatile for leaning toward pink so heavily, and look great during fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by BlossomWind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I came along this shadow box through a giveaway I won. I'm incredibly lucky that I had a chance to try this since I haven't seen it in stores recently (and frankly, Urban Decay is quite pricey). This shadow box is a collection of Urban Decay's best-selling eyeshadows. The nine colors included in this palette from left to right are: Grind (very light pink with silver glitter), Shot Gun (more muted pink with silver glitter), Last Call (iridescent plum purple/darker pink), Asphyxia (lavender with a hint of blue), Uzi (metallic silver with tons of silver glitter), Shattered (bright, iridescent aquamarine), Smog (probably my favourite; metallic deep copper/bronze), Chopper (shimmering muted tan with glitter), and Midnight Cowboy (beige with silver glitter). The shadow box also includes a large, practical mirror as well as two dual-ended sponge tip applicators. The pigmentation of the eyeshadows are of high quality. I haven't experienced any serious fall-out, packaging faults, or any other displeasing factors of the Urban Decay Wallpaper Shadow Box. Overall, I would recommend this to someone who likes variety and more glittery/shimmering shades in their palette. I am quite pleased with this palette and everything about it from the packaging to the colors themselves.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lucyjessie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh, I miss this one. I am pretty sure it's discontinued, but it was my favorite eye shadow palette ever. I still have the second one I bought, mostly used, sitting in the bathroom, but I use a less beat-up, newer UD palette (Ammo) most of the time. :)

Beautiful arrangement of colors for day and evening. I didn't really use the lavender, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I still don't know if I like this palette or not but here are the pros and cons that I have with this product.

Pros- I love the case that the shadows come in. The colors and patterns are beautiful and I also like how they have a big mirror so you're able to do your eye shadow on the go. I also like some of the colors too. Sometimes I don't think the pigment is deep enough but otherwise I consider these colors mostly soft and pretty if you're someone who likes pastels or if you're looking to do a daytime look. I like all of the colors except Midnight cowboy, Grind, and Uzi (more about that in cons). I've been complimented many times with the different eye shadows looks I've done with this palette. A great combination you can do is by using aspyhxia, chopper, and shattered together. Chopper would be in the middle while the other two colors would each be on the left and the right of the eye. It's a very flattering mutli-dimensional look.

Cons- While I like the case, I really don't like the brushes. It's hard to spread color evenly on your eyes with them because they're so small. What's the point of them being in there in the first place? I recommend using a makeup brush to apply these shadows because their brushes just don't do the trick. The three shadows I dislike (mentioned in the pros) are way too glittery. There is almost no pigment to them except for a slight irredescent tint. Mostly though there is a whole lot of glitter and it spreads very easily too. I used Uzi one time on top of another shadow and though I put a slight amount on, it spread all over my face from my cheeks, my nose, and my chin. Not really the look I was going for. I don't know why they put Uzi in this container but it's my least favorite UD eye shadow to date. Along with that, while the colors come out lighter than they do in the case sometimes I wish they would be a little more vivid so you could see the shadow instead of it being an afterthought. I use primer too and that doesn't seem to make a difference. Very frustrating.

So I still am going to try it and see what I can do with it because it does have some redeeming qualities about it. I got this as a birthday gift so I didn't have to spend the money on it, however it's very expensive for a palette so just think about it wisely before buying it. If you like most of the colors and are willing to deal with glitter then it will be a worthwhile investment. The shadows do last for a long time. Otherwise buy the colors you like separately. That way it's less likely to waste any product.

On another note, I'm putting this palette out for swap so if you're interested, let me know and we can make a swap of some kind!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Purplepizazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this is a beautiful little palette. But a few things bugged me. I loved the color "Asphyxia" [Lavender color] in the palette pan but when I put it on you could barely see it. It went on so shear which to me was such a disappointment since I figured that would be the color I would use most. Also the large glitter pieces that is in most of the colors do fall onto your face. This palette could help you produce some pretty glittery looks but might not work best for every day use as I was hoping when I purchased this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this palette is pretty cute and the colors are nice. If you tap your brush really good before applying it the glitter doesn't fall out all over your face. The one color I could live without is the Uzi one, that's just a ridiculous amount of glitter. The rest of the colors are worth the cost though. I am going to attach a photo of me wearing four of the colors. Inner lid is Asphyxia, Outer lid is Shattered, Crease is Last Call and Under the brow is Grind. (I labeled them) Good palette especially if you can get it when they have one of their sales!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by VegasGirlatHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to be getting this palette..but when I got it, the very first thing I noticed was that majority of the shadows were glittery..chunky monkey glitters too...But the colors are beautiful..this palette comes with 9 beautiful eyeshadows. The only thing that'll stop me from re-purchasing this palette is the glitteriness..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this and the Urban Ammo palette which I like better. Both palettes have Last Call, Shattered, Chopper, and Smog (these I reviewed on the Urban Ammo palette). The ones exclusive to this palette are Grind a pale pink w/ glitter- great base color, Shotgun a pale raspberry w/glitter- very pretty!, Asphyxia a purple/blue sheen, Uzi a shiny white glitter w/ a hint of gold, and Midnight Cowboya light beige w/ glitter. They stay on all day w/ UDPP. Lots of fallout from the glitter though. 9 x 0.8g / 9 x 0.03oz

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Sandito

This palette is glittery- so it's nothing I would wear during the day, but I find the colours deeply pigmented, there is a great variety and if you want dramatic eyes for a nite out, this has everything you need for eye shawdoww. A favourite of mine and a really fun, girly piece of make up.