TheBalm Bahama Mama

4.2

Mica Ci 77019, Isoeicosane, Silica, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Bismuth Oxychloride Ci 77163.

on 6/28/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Got this so long ago to use as a bronzer or contour;however it was too orange and too dark on me. It just looked muddy and like I had swiped dirt on my face. It's also very powdery. Generally like thebalm products so I was a little disappointed. The packaging was ok but because it was cardboard it was not easy to clean and the packaging got grimy pretty quickly. I just tossed it since no one wanted to swap or buy it in a blarg sale and I had lost the receipt so couldn't return it. For reference I have combo skin, dark hair and eyes and am around a nc/c 30

on 6/15/2015 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Colour wise, it's perfect. It's not a bronzer, but more of a contour product.
It doesn't leave a hideous orange undertone/muddy brown colour, but a realistic shadow that compliments every skintone. The colour may be a little sheer, but one swipe is enough to give that subtle shadow for contouring. But if you want more definition, it's buildable.
If you applied too much, just swipe some powder foundation and it looks darn natural.
(It's just that easy gosh)

It's best to apply this product with a natural hair brush instead of synthetic ones as they pick up more powder. Since the compact packs the powder tightly, it's easier to get the product out with natural hair brushes.

For it's staying power, it's does not relatively last. In a few hours or less, it tends to fade off. However, it does not streak and it will stay in place where you put it. (So there's just the constant reapplying, but I don't mind)

Packaging wise, it's portable with a convenient mirror. It may be made out of cardboard and really good paper, however, it has its perks; Plastic based containers seem to have more impact when it hits the ground compared to cardboard, so the tendency for the powder to break is higher, compared to a cardboard one.

But it's a pain to clean the container if you leave a messy trail of powder after use, as it will stain the packaging. (You'll have to clean it off with makeup remover and cotton buds)

It's quite a multi-purpose product as you can use it to:
- Give depth to the edge of your eyes
- Fill in eyebrows after applying wax
- Contour as stated (Best at it)
- Bronzing (Somewhat decent)

For it's price, you get a lot of product which would last for quite a long time.
Definitely will repurchase if I use it up! Seriously, reapplying is not an issue for me.

IN A NUTSHELL
Pros:
- Best for contouring
- Perfect colour for all skintones
- Stays in place, no streaking
- Heavy Hand Friendly
- Buildable
- Multi-purpose
- Portable packaging
- Tends not to break when dropped
- Plenty of product

Cons:
- Not suitable as bronzer
- Lacks staying power
- Powder stains packaging

I truly love this colour, the compact and how it applies. It makes you look like some sultry sun kissed angel.
The colour has a green undercurrent which means it cancels out all red and leaves you perfectly golden, NEVER orange. Looks good on all skin tones, excellent as a contour or a bronze effect to thin the entire face. I definitely prefer using a natural hair brush rather than synthetic as i feel it just applies it more evenly. Lasts forever as you only need a light hand.
Reason for my low score:
Sadly, it really really irritates my skin. I get incredibly bad blocked pores from it which i never ever get and only in the places i apply it. I always stray back, but after 5 years of a very on/off relationship, i have to admit, this is bad for my skin.
Try it, you may not be sensitive to bismuth oxychloride. It's one ingredient i can't go near.

on 5/26/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Start off by saying this is a very dark color I use this to contour my jaw and a small portion of my cheeks. This is the darkest bronzer I own and wouldn't recommend for fair skin

on 5/26/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love it. It is sheer but very buildable to get as dark as you want. The color is straight up brown so there is no orange or red. Reminds me of a darker Benefit Hoola. The powder is finely milled and easy to blend. Looks natural, no shimmer. My favorite bronzer from now on.

on 5/25/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Best contouring! Not too orange. Not a bronzer! But the best thing to contour with :D

on 5/22/2015 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For the product in the pan itself = 5/5! This works soooo well with my NC40 skintone. I have finally found my HG contour product!!! It blends wonderfully, and it doesn't look muddy at all on my skin. Neither is it orange at all. Just PERFECT. I like how slim the packaging is, but it is flimsy. The packaging is the only downside for me. Would I buy this again? A huge YES!

on 5/20/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i didnt really like this. it was hard to blend. its very dark. i prefer too faced chocolate soleil

on 5/17/2015 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Great for contouring! I think it fits a lot of skin tone, i am NC20 and it is great to create shade.

on 5/10/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

The shade of this bronzer is the most gorgeous matte but luminous bronze shade. It's not orange, not brown or muddy- just a true golden brown. It's extremely pigmented so you don't need a lot and it would work well on a variety of skin tones.

Now for the cons:

- does not last
- breaks me out

I've now resorted to using it for short nights out instead of an a daily basis. What's the point of taking the time to apply something that's gone in a few hours and gives you zits? So much potential but not worth it for me :(

Popular Bronzers