TheBalm Bahama Mama

4.2

Mica Ci 77019, Isoeicosane, Silica, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Bismuth Oxychloride Ci 77163.

on 8/27/2015 12:41:00 AM

This is what I have been looking for in a bronzer for a long time! I use is for contouring...(on my medium skin)... Beautiful.

Pros:
-Matte slightly deeper neutral bronzer: perfect for contouring for medium to dark skin
It can look natural, or make a dramatic contoured look
-Would be good for bronzing too, since its neutral
-Cute packaging!
-Long wearing: all day
-Reasonable price

Cons:
-Too dark for fair skin

In conclusion, its my faavorite contouring powder. Its very hard to find a contouring shade that does not make me have to pile on bronzer because its too light: this is is dark enough to make an immediate difference, whithout being too dramatic. Its a must have for me!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the perfect matte bronzer to warm up your skin and create a subtle contour with a fluffy brush. I love this stuff. It is my go to bronzer. HG WORTHY. Has lasted me over a year and I use it a lot.

on 8/17/2015 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I can definitely understand how this product works universally on such a wide variety of skin tones. If you are light or fair, this is a great contour or blush; if you are medium it's an incredibly subtle bronzer and also works as a blush for many. Although I personally cannot use it as a contour or blush bc its so close to my skintone upon application (I am NC30-35 or Stromboli in Nars foundation), I certainly get a really lovely subtle glow out of this when applied as a bronzer. However if you are fair or lighter than me, I would say using this as a blush would be a sort of hybrid of Peach Twist (without the glowy glitter effect) and Harmony, both by Mac.

This is a very blendable formula - its smooth, hard to overdue, and looks nice and natural if you need or want to build it up. So don't be scared re how it may appear at first glance (IE looks too dark, shimmery, etc). This won't emphasize pores and gives just the right effect of luminosity. I would say its an excellent daily no frills bronzer. And at $21.00, the price is right.

Cons: This may just be an issue for me, but I cannot stand the packaging. Sure it's cute, but it's not very convenient, storage or travel friendly, or sturdy. I am not a fan of "paper packaging" (hence much of the reason I can't stand Benefit products); it's an issue for me re storage (I keep makeup in my bathroom), if it gets wet or damp it's a pain, and it's hard to keep clean which urks me. That said, these aren't such a deterrent that I am turned off from the product necessarily bc I can just depot it.

I think this is a really good product, and a total no brainer for those just beginning to experiment with bronzers/blush/contouring.

on 8/9/2015 12:17:00 AM

I bought mine about 1+ yrs ago on HauteLook. I still haven't hit pan yet and it's part of my everyday makeup. I'm about a NC 25, or a C3 (face and body) This bronzer is too dark/deep to use as a bronze or warm up my complexion. I use it as my contour shade. I bronze my face MSF in med deep then use Bahama just in the hollows to add extra dimension. I will always keep this in my collection but will only buy on HL..I think it was $10.

on 8/8/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The color of this bronzer makes it perfect for contouring-not too orange looking. A little goes a long way. Sometimes it can look a bit muddy, but overall a good bronzer/contouring powder.

Over the years, I've purchased a lot of contouring powders only to find them too orangey or too shiny and ultimately had to throw them away! So when I purchased this product, other than the adorable packaging, I wasn't expecting much from the product. But now after using it for more than a month, I can safely say that the product is the BEST contouring powder I have ever tried! On my NC 30/35 skintone, it creates the most natural shadows and has no trace of any red undertones. It is buildable so you can control how much intensity you'd want. The powder has a slight sheen to it but its not overtly so. I think it will suit skintones upto NC 42/44 easily!

on 7/13/2015 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This bronzer is great for tanner skin tones. I am usually an NC35, and an NC40 in the summer, and this is perfect shade and tone to warm up and bronze my face. It is not too orange, making the shading seem more natural. This could be used as a contouring product, but I tend to prefer something still a little more grey toned for that purpose. Instead, I love this to just warm up my face a little more and make it match the rest of my body. It's pigmented and extremely easy to blend. I am loving this bronzer more everyday!

on 6/28/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Got this so long ago to use as a bronzer or contour;however it was too orange and too dark on me. It just looked muddy and like I had swiped dirt on my face. It's also very powdery. Generally like thebalm products so I was a little disappointed. The packaging was ok but because it was cardboard it was not easy to clean and the packaging got grimy pretty quickly. I just tossed it since no one wanted to swap or buy it in a blarg sale and I had lost the receipt so couldn't return it. For reference I have combo skin, dark hair and eyes and am around a nc/c 30

on 6/15/2015 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Colour wise, it's perfect. It's not a bronzer, but more of a contour product.
It doesn't leave a hideous orange undertone/muddy brown colour, but a realistic shadow that compliments every skintone. The colour may be a little sheer, but one swipe is enough to give that subtle shadow for contouring. But if you want more definition, it's buildable.
If you applied too much, just swipe some powder foundation and it looks darn natural.
(It's just that easy gosh)

It's best to apply this product with a natural hair brush instead of synthetic ones as they pick up more powder. Since the compact packs the powder tightly, it's easier to get the product out with natural hair brushes.

For it's staying power, it's does not relatively last. In a few hours or less, it tends to fade off. However, it does not streak and it will stay in place where you put it. (So there's just the constant reapplying, but I don't mind)

Packaging wise, it's portable with a convenient mirror. It may be made out of cardboard and really good paper, however, it has its perks; Plastic based containers seem to have more impact when it hits the ground compared to cardboard, so the tendency for the powder to break is higher, compared to a cardboard one.

But it's a pain to clean the container if you leave a messy trail of powder after use, as it will stain the packaging. (You'll have to clean it off with makeup remover and cotton buds)

It's quite a multi-purpose product as you can use it to:
- Give depth to the edge of your eyes
- Fill in eyebrows after applying wax
- Contour as stated (Best at it)
- Bronzing (Somewhat decent)

For it's price, you get a lot of product which would last for quite a long time.
Definitely will repurchase if I use it up! Seriously, reapplying is not an issue for me.

IN A NUTSHELL
Pros:
- Best for contouring
- Perfect colour for all skintones
- Stays in place, no streaking
- Heavy Hand Friendly
- Buildable
- Multi-purpose
- Portable packaging
- Tends not to break when dropped
- Plenty of product

Cons:
- Not suitable as bronzer
- Lacks staying power
- Powder stains packaging

I truly love this colour, the compact and how it applies. It makes you look like some sultry sun kissed angel.
The colour has a green undercurrent which means it cancels out all red and leaves you perfectly golden, NEVER orange. Looks good on all skin tones, excellent as a contour or a bronze effect to thin the entire face. I definitely prefer using a natural hair brush rather than synthetic as i feel it just applies it more evenly. Lasts forever as you only need a light hand.
Reason for my low score:
Sadly, it really really irritates my skin. I get incredibly bad blocked pores from it which i never ever get and only in the places i apply it. I always stray back, but after 5 years of a very on/off relationship, i have to admit, this is bad for my skin.
Try it, you may not be sensitive to bismuth oxychloride. It's one ingredient i can't go near.

Top Rated TheBalm Products