RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Night Cream

3.6

10.27.11 RoC website Water?Ceteareth-20?Glycerin?Isodecyl Neopentanoate?Stearyl Alcohol?Cetearyl Alcohol?Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate?Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine?PEG-100 Stearate?Glyceryl Stearate?Dimethicone?Steareth-10?Retinol?Glycolic Acid?Copper Gluconate?Magnesium Aspartate?Zinc Gluconate?Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract?Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer?Caprylyl Glycol?Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer?Squalane?Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate?Methylparaben?Xanthan Gum?Propylparaben?Polysorbate 60?Polysorbate 20?Fragrance?Disodium EDTA?Ascorbic Acid?Succinoglycan?May also contain: Citric Acid

on 2/26/2015 5:54:00 PM

Here is the fountain of youth in a tube. No kidding it works better than anything out there .Retinol and alpha hydrox lotions are truly the only age defying products that work unless you're going in for plastic surgery. I am not talking moisturizers. This is wrinkle repair in a tube. Combine roc and alpha hydrox in a routine of using one product one week and the other the following week. You will see results. Always use a moisturizer for day. Do this ritual only at night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm in my mid 30's and started noticing that I was developing slight wrinkles around my eyes and on my forehead. I knew that retinoids are one of the only things proven to be anti aging so I looked around for products containing retinol. The deep wrinkle night cream by RoC is one of the most affordable and well reviewed products containing retinol so I bought it. I am fairly satisfied with the product. I didn't experience much irritation when I started using it (I have very thick hardy skin). My skin looks more refined now and my wrinkles have not gotten any worse. I'm actually on my second tube now, but I plan to try Neutrogena's rapid wrinkle repair and RoC's deep wrinkle serum in the future to see how they compare.

on 7/30/2014 12:47:00 PM

I absolutely adore this product. I started using it in my late 20s, when I noticed that the expression lines on my forehead were starting to look a little more noticeable than they used to. I'd tried a few other drugstore brands & finally tried this & I'd say by far this is better than L'oreal, Olay, or Garnier's comparable products. It just was more effective & even my friends noticed a difference. I'm 32 now & I've continued to keep using it. My forehead is smoother than many twenty-something women I see, & it's smoother than it was when I was in my mid to late 20s. I've also been using it around my outer eye area all these years-I'm not sure if applying retinol creams topically does anything to prevent lines & wrinkles, but I have absolutely no lines or wrinkles around my eye area. It isn't cheap, but if you buy it at Walmart or Target you can get a slightly better price than drug or grocery stores, plus you can often times find coupons online or in the paper.

on 6/19/2014 10:40:00 AM

I have used this product before, but previously would get lazy and not use it every day or see another product with all kinds of promises that never happened. I am 48 years old and after several years of trying different products, I have decided to stick to ROC's nightly cream. I also use an SPF moisturizer along with it. You will notice a difference within just a day or so upon using this product. It is well worth the money.

on 5/13/2014 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Reasonably priced, great value, good results. This is as good as the more expensive night treatments I've tried. The squeeze tube means no waste and no product contamination. I am able to dispense all the product, there is nothing left behind in the tube at the end of my journey.

on 5/10/2014 10:36:00 PM

I think this product was ok. It didn't go on as smooth as I'd liked. I also didn't see any noticeable improvements with my skin. For those reasons I would not buy it again.

I am starting to get fine lines and a wrinkle or two and I used this for over a month and am 90% sure my wrinkles got worse! Waste of money, threw it away!

on 3/19/2014 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm 19 and have smile lines and under-eye lines which were due to over washed dehydrated skin and too much sun without sunscreen. I was constantly told I looked like I had "scars" but they were actually the smile lines and the younger guys never thought I'd have these sort of like wrinkles. I've used products that were meant to hydrate and they didn't help at all so I decided to find a product with retinol and chose this one.

I've used this product for a week and I've definitely seen a difference! The under eye lines have softened and the smile lines have also soften just a tad. I noticed the difference especially after makeup as the makeup tends to accentuate the lines due to creasing and such.

This cream does have a strong scent and reminds me of the avon cream I've tried. They're newer ones. I believe it's in a blue jar recommended for women in their 20s or 30s and then they have a line for those in 40s, 50s and such. The smell is very similar but hard to describe. I don't have a problem with fragrance but it is quite strong. I do use the product around my eyes but I also use a good moisturizer over. Will definitely continue use and see if it helps more

on 3/9/2014 2:21:00 PM

Oh, RoC, why do I stray from you? I've been using this product off and on for years, sometimes lured away by other brands that go on sale or claim to do everything but your taxes. I always come back to this cream because it works. My face glows and my fine lines are diminished. (I wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin- it's got a tendency to sting. I also use a separate eye cream- don't use it around your eyes!) I've paid three times as much for creams that produce half the results. HG.

on 2/12/2014 7:36:00 AM

► Background::::Respectfully, I have a hard time reading reviews from 19- and 22-year-olds about anti-aging products, so please allow me to add some context. At the time of this writing, I am 31 years old and I'll be 32 in December. I've used RoC Correction Deep Wrinkle Night Cream nightly and continuously since I was about 27, maybe 26, and if I discontinued use for a short period of time, it was only a week or so. When I started using it, I did not have in mind to track the progress as I wasn't looking for reversal of wrinkles and spotting, but to age gracefully. Also, I wanted a maintenance retinol for use after coming off accutane and prescription retinoid for acne. I also use a daily SPF of 30 to 50 (depending on what I can find).

► Review:::::For the price and reputation, I don't think RoC can be beat. However, I have not tried Neutrogena's version yet, but I think I might switch just to see (more on that later). RoC's RCDWNC is a lightweight cream, smells nice (IMO), and has never irritated my skin any more than, say, Tea Tree Oil. I didn't notice that it made the wrinkles around my eyes deeper--it could have because I do have dove's feet--but I think women complaining about that particular side effect should note that retinols are very drying. If they didn't moisturize that skin well immediately after application, then the dryness could be the culprit for deeper eye wrinkles. I do hear--regularly--that I look like I'm still in my 20's. That's nice, but I'm 31 and this is what 31 looks like. I have soft wrinkles, light age spotting, and fine lines--they aren't obvious, but my dove's feet and laugh lines are noticeable *to me.*

► Final words:::Use of the SPF could explain a lot, and I *have* developed wrinkles over the years despite my use of a retinol. The age spots mostly happened over a summer when I neglected SPF while using RoC. I can only surmise, as I have not tracked my progress other than Facebbook pictures, that use of RoC has prevented the condition of my skin from worsening. My skin, overall, is okay. It doesn't glow, but it never did (except when I was on accutane). I'm considering switching to Neutrogena only because my acne has returned somewhat, and the pimples are deep. They seem cystic, almost like a BB under my skin, and the bump lasts for weeks or months. Sometimes they pop, sometimes they pop a few times, sometimes they never pop.

TL;DR: The key takeaway from this review is that you are allowed to age. Don't expect to look 25 forever, and fighting the process is a expenive, losing battle. This product is not a holy grail; good skincare can include this product but will not be the sole result of this product. Photo:
Full Size Image