April 18, 2014 | 904 users online

Treatments - RoC - Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm 19 and have smile lines and under-eye lines which were due to over washed dehydrated skin and too much sun without sunscreen. I was constantly told I looked like I had "scars" but they were actually the smile lines and the younger guys never thought I'd have these sort of like wrinkles. I've used products that were meant to hydrate and they didn't help at all so I decided to find a product with retinol and chose this one.

I've used this product for a week and I've definitely seen a difference! The under eye lines have softened and the smile lines have also soften just a tad. I noticed the difference especially after makeup as the makeup tends to accentuate the lines due to creasing and such.

This cream does have a strong scent and reminds me of the avon cream I've tried. They're newer ones. I believe it's in a blue jar recommended for women in their 20s or 30s and then they have a line for those in 40s, 50s and such. The smell is very similar but hard to describe. I don't have a problem with fragrance but it is quite strong. I do use the product around my eyes but I also use a good moisturizer over. Will definitely continue use and see if it helps more

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by smhoffman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh, RoC, why do I stray from you? I've been using this product off and on for years, sometimes lured away by other brands that go on sale or claim to do everything but your taxes. I always come back to this cream because it works. My face glows and my fine lines are diminished. (I wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin- it's got a tendency to sting. I also use a separate eye cream- don't use it around your eyes!) I've paid three times as much for creams that produce half the results. HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by AthenaNike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

► Background::::Respectfully, I have a hard time reading reviews from 19- and 22-year-olds about anti-aging products, so please allow me to add some context. At the time of this writing, I am 31 years old and I'll be 32 in December. I've used RoC Correction Deep Wrinkle Night Cream nightly and continuously since I was about 27, maybe 26, and if I discontinued use for a short period of time, it was only a week or so. When I started using it, I did not have in mind to track the progress as I wasn't looking for reversal of wrinkles and spotting, but to age gracefully. Also, I wanted a maintenance retinol for use after coming off accutane and prescription retinoid for acne. I also use a daily SPF of 30 to 50 (depending on what I can find).

► Review:::::For the price and reputation, I don't think RoC can be beat. However, I have not tried Neutrogena's version yet, but I think I might switch just to see (more on that later). RoC's RCDWNC is a lightweight cream, smells nice (IMO), and has never irritated my skin any more than, say, Tea Tree Oil. I didn't notice that it made the wrinkles around my eyes deeper--it could have because I do have dove's feet--but I think women complaining about that particular side effect should note that retinols are very drying. If they didn't moisturize that skin well immediately after application, then the dryness could be the culprit for deeper eye wrinkles. I do hear--regularly--that I look like I'm still in my 20's. That's nice, but I'm 31 and this is what 31 looks like. I have soft wrinkles, light age spotting, and fine lines--they aren't obvious, but my dove's feet and laugh lines are noticeable *to me.*

► Final words:::Use of the SPF could explain a lot, and I *have* developed wrinkles over the years despite my use of a retinol. The age spots mostly happened over a summer when I neglected SPF while using RoC. I can only surmise, as I have not tracked my progress other than Facebbook pictures, that use of RoC has prevented the condition of my skin from worsening. My skin, overall, is okay. It doesn't glow, but it never did (except when I was on accutane). I'm considering switching to Neutrogena only because my acne has returned somewhat, and the pimples are deep. They seem cystic, almost like a BB under my skin, and the bump lasts for weeks or months. Sometimes they pop, sometimes they pop a few times, sometimes they never pop.

TL;DR: The key takeaway from this review is that you are allowed to age. Don't expect to look 25 forever, and fighting the process is a expenive, losing battle. This product is not a holy grail; good skincare can include this product but will not be the sole result of this product. Photo: http://img.makeupalley.com/7/0/0/3/2547043.JPG

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

After finishing up two tubes of Alpha Hydrox retinol cream I decided to give this one a try as it contains a higher percentage of the active ingredient. Used once every two days I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary as of yet. But I did notice an immediate change in my skin after a week. Smooth texture and an even clarity to my skin. I'm sure once I amp up my usage after a month I will see even a bigger jump in improvement. This is definitely worthy of a repeat buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by shellsellars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

DON'T I repeat DON'T put this product around your eyes.. it will increase your wrinkles and damage the skin. I pray I can reverse what this product has done to my eye area... So disappointed and I will be returning this crap product. Thank goodness I purchased it at Costco...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by senajulia

This is a wonderful product. My face isn't quite at the phase where it needs a retinol, but my hands were starting to look crepe-y and older. My mother recommended this product, and we bought some at Costco two 1.1 oz tubes for $40, not a bad price for such a product). I've been using it for two weeks now on the backs of my hands at night, and I've seen a definite improvement. My skin texture has evened out and softened, and it holds moisture through the day much better than before. I feel like this has helped me make up for years of not wearing sunscreen on my hands - thank goodness!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by yesitslaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is OK. Not amazing, but you can see a bit of a difference when you stop using it. It gives a VERY mild 'blur' to facial lines. Probably not worth the price, but better than nothing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jackiesclayton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product! . I normally get 2-3 bumps a month and have a couple fine lines on my forehead, so I thought this would be a great product for preventive measures.After using this product for about a week, I started breaking out - big, ugly, inflammed pimples. At first I thought it was just my skin "purging" which I was expecting. I kept using it with the idea after finishing the tube, I would make a decision if it was working. Two months in, I had had enough! My skin looked AWFUL- the worst my skin had ever looked. I realized my "normal" bumps were always small and healed up after a couple days, but these were large and continually coming up. I quit using it for a couple weeks to see what would happen, and my skin started clearing up within a couple days. Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing this item.

RoC has a good reputation and I'm not knocking the company, but this is definitely not for everyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I see several reviewers saying to stick with this for a few weeks to get over any sensitivity and to start seeing results. I am trying, but it stings and makes my skin red, bumpy, and sensitive to other products.

It does feel nice going on, and it absorbs well, but it has a strong smell. As things stand, I can't see myself buying this again.

UPDATE 1: Just after I wrote this, I noticed other reviewers saying it has caused them problems around the eyes, including an apparent increase in wrinkles. I noticed exactly the same -- a sudden increase in wrinkles at the sides of my eyes. I'm not putting the product deliberately under my eyes, but as I sweep it upward around my face, some of it does end up at the side of the eyes, where the smile crinkles are, and it's precisely those areas that have gotten worse (lots of little crisscross lines, as though the skin underneath is swollen, plus redness, bumps and blotches). What is it doing to the skin that could cause this?

UPDATE 2 (five weeks later): Well, I did hang on for another five weeks to see whether it was true that, once the worst was over, I would see good results. Unfortunately, the worst continues. It has left my skin red and blotchy, swollen in places, and peeling, especially under my eyes. Not directly under them, but at the top of each cheekbone, on both sides. It looks exactly like a sunburn, though I haven't been particularly exposed to the sun recently and I wear Clarins sunscreen SPF 30 when I go out. I looked at my face last night under magnification, and it looks probably 10 years older than it did a few weeks ago. I can't wait any longer for the good results to appear while it does this damage to my skin, so the experiment is over.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by jennifa55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think they changed the formula of this product when they changed the color of the packaging. I had this when it was blue. I would but it on my forehead at night and wake up to my 2 wrinkles diminished. I bought the gold tube and do not have the same results. Another thing I don't like about this is it is called retinol but there isn't any in this product. That is false advertising.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No