Jane Iredale Handi Brush

4.9

Not tested on animals

on 4/5/2015 5:33:00 PM

This makeup brush I have found to work good with my powder foundation as well as applying blush.

on 3/17/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've had this brush sitting in my drawer for a few years, barely used because I rarely use powder, mineral or otherwise. One day when my usual brushes were still wet from washing, I grabbed this to use with one of my new Hourglass blushes. This is a thick, natural hair brush with a flat top and short handle--think kabuki shaved off completely flat. I put the brush face down on the blush, knocked off the excess, and gently stamped it on my cheek, just tapping where my cheekbones ought to be. Using just that brush, the dimensional Hourglass powder, and my accidental technique produced the perfect color/contour/highlight in one step. I've always used a big domed blusher brush and swiped it sideways in a "blush shape" and never been really happy with the results. I too often miscalculate and end up with too much or too little or even bare spots. Stippling with a flat-topped brush gives me so much control over placement! I could pretty handily get the look I always aim for, one I'd call natural-plus. This brush is years old, never sheds, is not scratchy, and the handle is just the right length to work with in this way. It is also great for buffing and blending. Very Handi indeed!

If you're looking to invest in a great brush, this is one to look at---incredibly high quality, and extremely versatile.

on 3/2/2015 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this brush along with the Jane Iredale mineral powder foundation and peach nectar blush, and spray brush cleaner at my dermatologist's office (there is a cosmetic center for Botox and filler that has a makeup artist and a separate office in the same building for medical issues - rashes, rosacea, excising actenic keratosis, etc.). The four products ran about $150. The mineral powder was fine, the powder blush nothing spectacular, and I did not repurchase. I switched to the $3 Elf spray brush cleaner that I can get at Weis grocery stores.

Ready for the dramatic twist at the end? I bought these products in 2006 and 8 years later I am still using and liking this brush. Blends well with any powder I've tried, bristles are soft, and the brush is still in great shape 8 years later. I keep it in my medicine cabinet, wash it with brush cleaner as needed, and throw it in my makeup bag when I travel overnight. If I ever lost it, I'd definitely repurchase.

on 6/20/2014 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Very necessary when I was using the Pure Pressed Base from Jane Iredale as it really buffs it all on nicely and smoothly so that it all looks even on me. I couldn't stand the silly flat powder puff the compact of that foundation comes with. I still have my Handi Brush from several years ago that I have used with blush and bronzer but all the bristles are falling out now.

Best brush for pressed minerals ever! This brush is soo much better than Bare Minerals handi brush,I really love it! It makes flawless,but still good coverage and very smooth. Also this brush is sooo soft!

on 10/24/2013 2:13:00 PM

I love this brush. I don't use J.I makeup anymore, but I still love the brush for my other mineral makeup. It stays soft, and doesn't feel scratchy on my super delicate skin. It helps the makeup to cover well. Love love love it.

on 7/11/2013 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have had this brush for about 10 years. I was getting a facial at a spa and the facialist talked me into trying some Jane Iredale mineral makeup. She said this was the brush I had to get to go with it. Don't remember all the details of my purchase, but know the pricetag was hefty and often wonder what my younger self was thinking spending so much on a brush just on some facialist's say so? Nowadays, I am not so easily convinced by cosmetics salespeople!

Anyway, the Jane Iredale mineral powder was tossed out long ago - and not even used up. However, I still have this brush hanging around. It looks brand new. I sometimes used it for dusting on translucent powder over my liquid foundation, but it was too dense to do a good job.

It's true purpose is applying mineral makeup. Not sure it is good for anything else. Recently I am trying the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder and have the chance to use this brush again. It works perfectly. The bristles are soft on my face and don't shed. They have kept their shape very nicely. The handle is just the right length and really quality material. The whole item feels very luxurious and the product goes on like airbrushing (though don't know how much of this is Laura Mercier Mineral Powder and how much is the Handi!).

I don't think I will ever need to buy another one. This brush seems indestructible. And I can't imagine my grown up self ever paying this much for a brush again, especially one with such a limited repertoire.

on 4/26/2013 6:26:00 PM

Wonderful brush for mineral powder !!!!! Absolutely gentle feeling everyday!

started with Bobbi Brown 's mineral brush and ended up with big disappointment after days! did not have a lot of expectation for Hardi brush but was surprisingly pleased with the results.

on 4/25/2013 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hands down the best mineral foundation brush; really creates a flawless face. The animal hair bristles pick up so much more product than taklon or nylon bristles, which is thrifty. I thought the brush was a little scratchy when I first started using it because I was used to synthetic brushes, but now it's soft and fluffy. I'm seriously considering buying a second.

on 3/13/2013 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Love this brush! hands down the best brush I have used for mineral makeup. I actually bought it off a review I read for mineral makeup on Amazon that suggested it. I use to use the BE kabuki brushes but they shed and deteriorate quickly after daily use and regular cleanings. I would have to always replace it every few months. This brush is a dream. Well made, quality bristles that don't shed, and does not deteriorate after cleanings! I usually clean my makeup brushes weekly. It also makes my mineral makeup go on so well and non-cakey.

It is a pricey brush that retails for $45. Trust me, I tried to find a website that sold it cheaper but couldn't find one...lol. Dermstore carries this brush for $45, but if you create and account and add it to your favorites you save 10% and shipping is always free!

Top Rated Jane Iredale Products