July 31, 2014 | 1227 users online

Hair Color - Naturtint Permanent Hair Colorant

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by JustKara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used Naturtint hair dye for over two years in 1N Ebony Black, and I can honestly say it is an amazing hair dye. For the colour to last longer and to not damage your hair it is absolutely necessary to use everything the kit comes with and follow the instructions. It leaves my hair healthy, soft and strong. I just recently decided to change to a dark brown colour and I used 4N Natural chestnut. I still love the dye even though I used the wrong colour (with this dye you can only lighten by two shades). Next I am planning to try 3N Dark Chestnut Brown. Overall, this is a great brand of hair dye that works really well when you follow the instructions of the kit.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Sured20

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this brand in Honey Blonde shade. What a mistake!! Ive tried many different brands of hair color over the years and never had such a problem as i did with this brand. It made my hair like straw, it was so bad even a deep conditioner from my hair stylist didn't help. I followed the instructions on the box, so i have no idea what happened or why some people have this problem and others say it leaves their hair nice and soft. My hair was in good condition before i used this. I loved this color, so it was sad that i had such damage, because what i ended up doing was buying a different brand of hair color and just re dying my hair. That helped get my hair in better shape. Imagine that, dying my hair a second time made it better then then this dye left it! I definitely do not recommend this dye, try tints of nature or herbatint for a natural dye.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I previously left a glowing review but I've decided I'm not so happy now with using Naturtint permanent colour. Despite the fantastic condition this dye leaves my hair in, the results are too unpredictable for those new to using this colour (colours run very dark), it's expensive at over £10 a box (I mix two shades to get my colour) and I find it too hard to get hold of. If I buy it online I have to pay extra and shops very rarely have the full shade selection. The very natural conditioner supplied with this dye is brilliant though and I have bought it separately (Nutrideep Multiplier) and will continue to use it with other box dyes to prolong the colour. The conditioner is HG for me. On a side note, Naturtint's semi permanent colour, Reflex is wonderful but similarly priced. However, I've managed to find the odd box cheaper on Ebay. My Reflex shade is Light Chestnut as, like the permanent variety, shades run dark. Reflex leaves the hair extremely glossy and the colour is rich and gradually fades over two to three weeks on me. Greys are blended in but not totally covered.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Mvadeli

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand the laws of hair color, but you do need to have the basic knowledge. Hair color, as opposed to a bleach lightener, is limited in its capabilities. Most store bought, box color includes 20 volume developer which means it is only capable of 2 shades of lift or getting 2 shades lighter. Think of the shades of hair color like a totem pole. Black at the bottom or level 1, very light blonde at the top or level 10. If your natural color is a level 5, which is considered light brown and you want to be a level 9, light blonde, a store bought, box color will not give you the results you desire. The biggest misconception is thinking you will get what you see in the picture on the box. Not true! If you're looking for a shade that is more than two shades lighter than your natural color, you will NOT achieve that result with 20 volume developer. If a person with that level 5 natural color used a level 9 hair color, they would get an undesirable brassy result. It just wasn't capable of such a feat. Naturtint is a great product when used with realistic expectations. My advice to anyone that may find any of this information confusing would be to find a professional colorist for the best results. If Naturtint is the product you would like used on your hair, find a colorist that will choose and formulate a color for you. I do for all of my clients. Have a great HAIR day!!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by kgriff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm sitting here with wet hair dripping down my back, completely unable to bring myself to even look in the mirror.

I bought Naturatint 10A 'Light Ash Blonde' to try and correct some horrible brassy tones that had appeared in my hair. I wanted to go back to my natural colour and the box matched what my roots are, so I thought it'd be a good way to grow my hair out. I read good review after good review about how wonderful it was - no scent, no irritation and a wonderful result. I was hugely excited!

I followed the instructions and left it on my roots for 20 minutes and then applied it through the rest of my hair for 10 minutes. I washed it out and nearly screamed when I saw my reflection. My hair is BRIGHT YELLOW. There is no other word for it. Imagine the Mr Men characters and picture Mr Happy - that is what my hair is the colour of. And I am NOT happy. I honestly have no idea what to do apart from now wear hats and try and tone it.

I'm sure other colours are lovely, but the 10A has left me 10 poorer with brightly patchy hair to show for it. I would NOT recommend to anyone looking at that shade. :'(

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The jury is out on this one. I think your hair has to be in Top condition before, during and after using this. I believe this fuxxed up my hair. I had long, thick hair down to bra strap. I used treatments and was generally nice to my hair that really has seen to itself for 30 odd years. Used this for approx 7 applications, most times with assistance to make sure I got those greys. Then my hair became so damaged that nothing could save it. Splits at random places up the hair shaft. I had to cut it, initially I cut off a good 7 inches left it a few months obsessing about the splits and spending an obscene amount on salon treatments. My hair dresser wanted to know the brand to warn his other customers! In the end I shaved my hair off in Oct and fully embraced my grey. (not really, but...)
I really loved the colour, such a shame.

So let this be a warning. Watch the condition of your hair closely using this.
_______
I have used this in 5M for the past four months. I have otherwise unprocessed shoulder length afro hair, which by definition is beyond dry. Esp having to use harsh London water to wash it with.

I have had random grey hairs since I was a teenager, but over the last 4 years they have been multiplying like crazy. I have gone to various professional hair dressers to have my hair coloured, and to be honest I have always preferred doing my own. Maybe I don't explain myself that well. Anyhoo, I have found many box dyes give a flat tone over the head, that if your just trying to restore your colour then ends up looking like it comes out of a box......
This brand is great for me. 5 Mahogany comes out really like a black with deep red tones on my hair. I took note with reviews on here and UTube suggested the colour comes out darker. I wash my hair one every 7 days, and my colour doesn't fade in 6 wks, when I touch up the roots. I can squeeze 2 touch ups out of one box, if I rope someone to help me.
My bug bears: that shampoo will destroy my hair, it is way to harsh. I throw that out each time.
The smell is like plasticine, modelling clay for kids.
The gloves are redundant, I use dish washing gloves as they cover my wrists, the thin one time use ones.
And I do think its chemical process that is as natural as drugstore ones. But has worked very hard on the tones and shades to keep people going back for more.
Oh and how much time this needs to rinse!

What I like is, how much product you get.
Clear instructions on mixing tones if you wanted. The gel texture which makes for less mess.
The conditioner is actually quite good and a fair size, I use the lot in one go. But like I said I have long thick hair and it soaks it up.
Best of all is the colour, love it.

The price is ok, but I get coupons off the net and purchase that way.

I really like this stuff. Would NOT recommend. X

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Dlltx

I tried this because L'Oreal and Clairol damaged my hair and made my scalp burn. Naturtint did not burn my scalp and there was no odor. I used 5N, Light Chestnut Brown and the color is more like a medium to dark chestnut color. The color is even and it covered all the gray! I love the color! My hair is silky soft after using the conditioner. I followed another review and did not use the shampoo until the next day. I bought this at Whole Foods and paid full price, but will now buy it online to save a few $!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by empresswu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would totally buy Naturtint again, used light chestnut and it completely covered my grey roots; willing to wait the full 40 minutes because the results are amazing ;-). Paraben free is my #1 reason and no chemically embalming odor at all is another plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by crosario

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this hair color. All Natural products are important to me, as well as vegetarian/vegan and non- cruelty products. I've been dyeing my naturally very dark brown hair jet black for the past 5 years with various drugstore brands. After years of the dark look ( which went well with my blue-green eyes, and fair skin ) I decided to professional double process and bleach my waist long hair to try to achieve a Angelina Jolie soft brown. After being very disappointed with blotchy orange tone hair, I tired Naturtint and have not used anything else since. I have never had a bad experience with this brand, and usually buy it from my health food store. My hair is very long so I use 2 boxes, but the best part is that you get to mix colors. Ive tried most of the brunette shades. Currently I am mixing 4N Natural Chestnut Brown and 4G Golden Chestnut Brown. My hair comes out a great dark but rich chocolate brown which is amazing considering my hair is nearly black and never lifts. This best part is that it looks so natural and seamless, and covers great. I use it with a application brush and bowl since its a little messy and thin but totally worth it. Ive even used the blackest shade when in need more drama in the winter and its the best black Ive ever used. I would recommend it because its non damaging and your hair looks healthy and so shinny. Its expensive for a college student but I will never use any other hair color again. It comes with a great deep conditioner, but I hate the gloves so buy some better ones if you get a chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by jayescott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I switched to Naturtint because I started getting burning and itching from using regular hair color, even the ones they use at my hair salon. I have been buying this and my hairdresser puts it on for me. He is actually amazed at how good the color is and the great condition my hair is in after he uses it on me. My color is a very rich dark brown - I use the Natural Chestnut - and it lasts through a lot of shampooing. I'm not crazy about the shampoo they include with it, but that's not a big deal...just use it with any sulfate-free shampoo (my hairdresser uses Rusk) and it works great. I highly recommend this hair color!