December 18, 2014 | 1725 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Grand Amour

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by CoRRi

Why is it that hyacinths are so glorious when you smell them in-situ and in real- time but when incorporated into a perfume, a disagreeable pungent powderiness dominates?

I gave my bottle away.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by tecumsum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the only fragrance that I have found that smells so much like honeysuckle that it is almost jarring to my memory bank. I used to sit on the library steps and read when I was younger and it was surrounded by honeysuckle bushes. Wow... this captures that perfectly. Long-lasting. I don't wear this often as I prefer rich orientals to florals, but this is definitely a gorgeous fragrance. Have to be in the mood for it though as it is quite sweet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Grand Amour is a very feminine, girly-whirly floral. Sweet and lovely. Probably perfect for a spring wedding.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Giggio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scent brings out the best in me and put anyone in a romantic mood.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by albinaalba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes, this is one of very few I'd buy again:) I smell hyacinth, rose, geranium..No matter if it is listed or not in the ingredients! Great silleage, and I think perfumes should leave a long trail of fragrance. They have to be noticeable, otherwise the point of wearing perfume is lost IMO:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Csarina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love, love this perfume. I first discovered it in Paris five years ago, when I bought some Eau d'Hadrien and the girl gave me loads of samples. Since then I had lusted after it and finally bought it in London last October. I think it is awesome, and really smells like PERFUME!! It reminds me of being in Paris, always a good thing, and I have a tiny bit left that I will keep until I can get another bottle. They only stock a small amount of Annick Goutal in Cork at the mo, and this is not one of them. It really makes me happy and my husband absolutely loves it, always a good thing. Can't yell loud enough about this. Try it if you haven't. I know that all the reviews are not good, but this one is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A lovely bouquet. What I noticed most was the wonderful hyacinth note. I'd definitely recommend this to any hyacinth-lovers out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Anna68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

was a disapoint, i just cant get it is too bad , like cigarretes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

I've been on the fence about Grand Amour for quite some time. The best way to describe it is an opulent floral with green undertones. I finally decided that is was just too cloying for me (I'm not a great fan of floral fragrances, anyways). It isn't that there's anything wrong with the scent, it just isn't me and I end up feeling self-conscious when I wear it. If it were a dress, it would be an evening gown in a grown-up feminine color (deep rose instead of pink) and would have lots of ruffles. Not my style at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Grand Amour is a gorgeous green floral. "Gushing", "overflowing" and "abundant" are all adjectives that come to mind. There is lily here, and honeysuckle, and rose, and of course that wonderful powdery soft Annick Goutal to soften it all and prevent it from being too much. This is similar to Chamade, but where Chamade has bitterness in the base, Grand Amour has gentle softness. In spite of its verdancy, it retains a delicate, feminine aura.