Annick Goutal Grand Amour

3.3

on 12/31/2014 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Perfume descriptions for this seem to vary so widely. I'm reading other peoples reviews and I have been wondering if we are smelling different fragrances until Anna68, who called it "bad cigarettes". YES! But not nice and leathery fruity tobacco hints like Moschino Couture! or Cacharel Gloria. No, for me this is like nose breathing deep directly into a dirty old ashtray, mixed with sweat, rotting honeysuckle flowers, and screechy galbanum thrown in. I would describe this is tar-like, sweet, bitter, powdery, and fecal all at once. It reminds me of cleaning up a party the day after with unwashed bodies lying about, and dead flowers shriveling up the drinking glasses. I would probably suggest you try a sample first to make sure it works with your chemistry as it didn't with ours.

on 7/26/2013 11:44:00 PM

Why is it that hyacinths are so glorious when you smell them in-situ and in real- time but when incorporated into a perfume, a disagreeable pungent powderiness dominates?

I gave my bottle away.

on 3/26/2013 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is the only fragrance that I have found that smells so much like honeysuckle that it is almost jarring to my memory bank. I used to sit on the library steps and read when I was younger and it was surrounded by honeysuckle bushes. Wow... this captures that perfectly. Long-lasting. I don't wear this often as I prefer rich orientals to florals, but this is definitely a gorgeous fragrance. Have to be in the mood for it though as it is quite sweet.

on 11/11/2011 9:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Grand Amour is a very feminine, girly-whirly floral. Sweet and lovely. Probably perfect for a spring wedding.

on 9/2/2011 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This scent brings out the best in me and put anyone in a romantic mood.

on 8/23/2011 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Yes, this is one of very few I'd buy again:) I smell hyacinth, rose, geranium..No matter if it is listed or not in the ingredients! Great silleage, and I think perfumes should leave a long trail of fragrance. They have to be noticeable, otherwise the point of wearing perfume is lost IMO:)

on 7/16/2011 5:54:00 AM

I love, love this perfume. I first discovered it in Paris five years ago, when I bought some Eau d'Hadrien and the girl gave me loads of samples. Since then I had lusted after it and finally bought it in London last October. I think it is awesome, and really smells like PERFUME!! It reminds me of being in Paris, always a good thing, and I have a tiny bit left that I will keep until I can get another bottle. They only stock a small amount of Annick Goutal in Cork at the mo, and this is not one of them. It really makes me happy and my husband absolutely loves it, always a good thing. Can't yell loud enough about this. Try it if you haven't. I know that all the reviews are not good, but this one is.

on 2/27/2011 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A lovely bouquet. What I noticed most was the wonderful hyacinth note. I'd definitely recommend this to any hyacinth-lovers out there.

on 6/12/2010 9:42:00 AM

was a disapoint, i just cant get it is too bad , like cigarretes

on 4/28/2010 11:17:00 AM

I've been on the fence about Grand Amour for quite some time. The best way to describe it is an opulent floral with green undertones. I finally decided that is was just too cloying for me (I'm not a great fan of floral fragrances, anyways). It isn't that there's anything wrong with the scent, it just isn't me and I end up feeling self-conscious when I wear it. If it were a dress, it would be an evening gown in a grown-up feminine color (deep rose instead of pink) and would have lots of ruffles. Not my style at all.

Popular Fragrances