September 16, 2014 | 1773 users online

Makeup Brushes - Quo - Contour Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

I don't get all the bad comments?
Ladies, WE MUST TAKE CARE OF OUR BRUSHES. Be gentle with them and treat them with RESPECT. For those who had trouble with this brush, I suspect they were not very gentle when washing it, nor where they when storing it. It comes with a cute little pouch, and I rec. you ladies use it. Other than that, this brush is perfect for contouring with bronzer, and it makes the most perfect blush placement giving you tons of control.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by loveandkiwi

This is the WORST brush I have ever purchased in my life. Even Wal-Mart brushes are better quality than this piece of crap! The bristles are so sparse, rough, and sheds like crazy. I regret spending over $10 for this brush!!! The quality is just terrible. Worst thing is that the farrel is kind of loose, almost like it's going to break off any time soon. Stay away from this brush and save your money to buy a real MAC 168 or if you're really on a budget, just go to Wal-Mart and find a similar one. I guarantee you anything would be better quality than this....... GRRRR!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like most of my other Quo brushes, but this one is not of the same standard.

The bristles are not as soft as other brushes, and after I washed it the first time it lost its shape.

Disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

Love this.......got it 40% off and its SO soft. I use the white one.......I notice the white bristles are much much softer than the black. Will probably get another!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by TheJoey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not any good for contouring. It splayed the first time I used it and I have yet to see it even remotely resemble its original shape.

But... it is a great blush brush. I can pick up a tiny amount of product by just tapping it gently on top of the product or I can pick up much more by giving it a good swirl. It stands up to that kind of abuse and washes really well. I was worried that the bristles would get stained and look gross since they are white but they come completely clean with a little work.
It buffs powder on to my face really well. It is not really soft but it does not irritate my sensitive skin either.

I have even used it for cream blushes in a pinch and it worked jut fine. There was a tiny amount of staining though.

All in all my favourite blush brush for the moment.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by CrayolaActually

I own both the MAC 168 and this Quo dupe, and I agree with some of the other users here that it is nothing alike! The bristles are quite scratchy, and it is massive and splays out which makes it completely useless for contouring! I tried drying it with a brush guard but that didn't seem to help at all, probably because the bristles are quite thick. After months of not reaching for this brush I decided to try it again but this time for blush and it was alright. I used it with a very soft hand so that the bristles wouldn't irritate me and it seemed to work, but this brush is pretty useless to me. I have other brushes that I like to use for blush and would probably never reach for this one again. So I suggest you to skip this one, or just fork out the extra money for the MAC 168 which works a million times better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

This is an obvious dupe for the MAC 168. I own both and let me just say up front that it is NOT AT ALL a MAC dupe. The hairs on this brush are lot less dense, and after being washed a few times, it splayed out a lot. Since the bristles are splayed and the head became a lot more fluffy, it would not be a good contour brush. It DOES NOT apply a concentration of colours on a smaller area. Instead, I use this as a blush brush. I actually like the angled part of this brush, since I usually put blush on the apples of my cheeks and a bit on my cheekbones in an angular direction. The hairs on the brush have stayed soft, and I haven't had many hairs falling out. So for a blush brush, it's decent - especially if you catch it at one of the shoppers sales!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

I only bought this because it was on sale at Shopper's Drug Mart for about $10 CAD and I needed a blush brush. It's not bad, but it's pretty annoying to work with. First of all, the ferrule broke off the handle like, 2 days after I bought it and I had to super glue it back together, which led to me literally getting super glue all over my hands. I got it off with nail polish remover, but still, what a friggin' nuisance. After I washed it, I did what other reviews said and put it back in the plastic slip case but it still frayed and it even turned into this completely different shape. It's an oblong now. It's not great at picking up colour or contouring for that matter, and I have to work extra hard to blend my blush properly. It didn't shed or anything and the bristles are pretty soft so I guess it wasn't a complete waste of money. I wouldn't recommend it, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by justpassingthrough

I too bought this yesterday in SDM's 40% off sale. I have been looking for a brush to apply my clinique almost powder--something smallish and not too soft, for control. This brush fits the bill. I agree that it 'fluffs out' after washing, but it still is the right size, and offers the right amount of control to apply a powder foundation. I've been fussy about a brush for this use, and this seems to work. I think it would be good for blush as well, one that's not too pigmented, or it may be too heavy. I would buy again, if on sale (usually seems to be on sale).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by SugarDanish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this today, for $10! On sale! Anyway, I was looking for some contouring brushes, one for my cheeks, one for my nose. this is kinda too small for cheek contouring, yet too big for nose contouring. However, makes a great eyeshadow brush, so I'll just do that. nice brush, really soft