July 31, 2014 | 1700 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Thermal Mini-Peel

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Synnfuleyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This stuff is EXPENSIVE. More expensive that I would ever admit to my husband! But ever since Biore discontinued their thermal face wash, I'd been dying to locate another thermal wash. Thermal and mini-peel? SOLD. (After much himming and hawing about the price tag...)
Overall, I do feel that this was a good purchase. I bought it months ago, use it a couple times per week, and I still have about 1/4 of a bottle left. The warming is short-lived, but SO nice! I like the scrubbing granules and the exfoliation could be better, but it is satisfactory.
I will probably buy this product again down the road once I find myself at the store with some extra moolah. Until then, not likely.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by lacrima99

I luuuuuurve this stuff. It keeps my skin relatively clear and smooth and I use it almost every day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I walked past this product many times in the drugstore because I couldn't justify spending $20 for a DS scrub, but after reading the reviews I decided to splurge! Def worth the price as you only need a dime-sized amount for your entire face & neck. I find it too drying for everyday use so I use it twice a week or whenever my skin needs to glow. It exfoliates without breaking my skin out, a first for me as every scrub I've tried has aggravated my acne besides this! My only gripe is the strong perfumey smell, which I could do without and labeling it as a "daily treatment" is quite misleading as I think it's better suited for once or twice a week use. Unlike the DS scrubs I've tried in the past, the formula is very smooth, not grainy or abrasive (St Ives Apricot scrub I'm talkin to you!) it does what it's supposed to and I've noticed a reduction in dark marks and breakouts with continued use of this amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by cwabby

Let me start by saying that when I first used this product it broke me out. But I did notice that the skin around my acne looked great. I stopped using it and went back to my old St Ives scrub until I read about the damage that the scrub does. I had huge pores, combination acne prone skin and slightly sensitive especially to new products. Luckily I came across people online who had the same problem with breakouts and the Olay peel. They recommended leaving it on your face for a few minutes before washing it off. So I decided to give it another go and this time I left it on my face for about 3 minutes. I've been doing this for nearly a month and have had no breakouts caused by the peel. Also my pores have DRAMATICALLY reduced. My blemishes look way less obvious and I even went outside without makeup today. Seriously, this product is amazing! I don't care so much about the thermal warming thing. It feels nice but doesn't last long. The results are all that matters. I use it at night so that the skin sensitivity caused by the glycolic acid won't be affected by the sun. My skin has never looked better. I just wish it was cheaper but I bought this tube on sale for $15

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by heykerrieann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It's a good resurfacing product without stripping your skin and making it sensitive. I do cleanse my face before I use it. I love how it's warm and you can keep warming it up by getting your fingers wet and massaging the skin again. Hasn't irritated my skin, so I will keep using it! I've heard great results with it like helping to lighten skin discoloration, which I have a lot of. I hope it does the trick!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by soonbslim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this scrub, but I can't use it daily - about twice a week does the trick. I imagine my skin would be raw if I used this everyday (even with a light touch). It leaves my skin silky smooth. The smell is not the best, but I have never used an exfoliator that works this well. At almost $20 bucks a tube, I do think it is a little on the expensive side, but since I use it twice per week, it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like to use gentle AHAs to exfoliate my skin. I had been using Alba Botanical Papaya Enzyme mask 2x/wk but I felt like it didn't do all that much.
I've only had this for about a week & I use it every other day (I don't like to be too rough on my skin). I might start using it daily because I love the effect it has on my skin but it does add a few more minutes to my nightly routine which can be annoying. I do prefer to use this at night because it does cause some redness.
This leaves my skin incredibly soft, with my pores looking noticeably smaller. In combination with my L'oreal Magic Lumi primer & Translucide powder, my skin has never looked better.

My routine: remove eye makeup with Neutrogena, wash with Trader Joe's All in One, tone w/Simple Toner, use the mini peel & then follow it with Olay Night Firming Cream.

The price does seem a bit high until you realize how big the container is and how small of an amount you need to use

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

i bought this after seeing all the great reviews and sadly, i cannot say that i love this product. the packaging isn't particularly good, the warming effect is a bit gimmicky and it can actually irritate sensitive skin so i don't find that very nice. I dislike the smell (reminds me of fake berry candy) and i didn't see any noticeable improvements to my skin. If you're after something to clear up the skin, try an ultrasonic facial brush e.g. Clarisonic or the Harmony Home Spa Cleansing system

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I paid $30 CAD for this, which is pricey for a drugstore product, but I was willing to splurge because I have had good results with glycolic acid. I am experienced with 10% glycolic creams and 30% glycolic acid chemical peels, which I found fast results that gave me smoother, clearer, and radiant skin. So, I was really excited to try this.

I am not sure what percentage of glycolic acid is in this peel, but I think it may be a low percentage. I used this everyday for a few months (one bottle goes a long way, as I only use a dime-sized amount each time). However, I was very disappointed with this because after daily use for 3 months, I did not notice any improved different in my skin. Furthermore, while the metallic packaging is unique, it punctures easily. My bottle developed a hole in it somehow and I had to curl it like a toothpaste tube to get any product out of it.

Like others have said, this has a warming sensation that fades away quickly but this is gimmicky as there were no improvements to my skin. I much prefer the Olay Pro X line, such as the exfoliating cleanser, paired with my Pro X brush.

I would not purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by bronzedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Um yeah so this is like a diamond in the rust. Although I have other medications that I use that my dermatologist prescribed me nothing comes close to this product. Hands down right after the first use you will have a glow. I'm trying to go easy on the make up so today I went bare face ( with a lil lip gloss on) and had my sun glasses and was out the door. My mom made a compliment about my face being 'dewy'. She said it looked like I had make up on. Haven't had a compliment in years about my face. A lot of people think drugstore products don't work but honestly I believe you just have to find something that works for you and your skin. I believe this product is for all skin types. I use Retin A at night so I can only use this in the AM. Gave it a 4 because the price is damn near 20 dollars.