MAC Voile Slimshine

4.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love MAC Slimshines! This is a beautiful sheer, golden color. Perfect for those of us who have a hard time pulling off most nude lipsticks (I'm looking at you VG GaGa2!), it creates a nude lip without making you appear to be a zombie. It's also good to put on underneath a lip color that needs a little "Omph!". Slimshines are shiny without being sticky, and sooo moistursing. Too bad they were discontinued, so I will just ration off my usage of the one I have :/

on 3/23/2010 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love everything about this product. Sleek, elegant packaging; gorgeous smell (vanilla? toffee?) It's very sheer, a subtle golden sheen on the lips. I always slip this into my handbag when I'm going out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I first heard about this from elle on Youtube and I figure I might give this a try. I found it at my CCO and I love it! It is my go to lip product for a shiny neutral color. It is like gold shimmer when you first look at it but when you put it on its this glossy shimmer with a hint of gold that from afar can give you that really beautiful neutral color. I love it. I am not good with neutral lip colors because I feel that it completely washes my whole look out, but this slimshine is really great. This is my first time trying the slimshines and I really like them. They are like in lipstick form but come off almost like a lipgloss but not that sticky. I will definitely try some more out!

on 2/4/2010 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this! Not only is it a beautiful color by itself, but it makes any regular lipstick into a shiny, different color. I had a habit of wearing this over a thin coat of Lavender Whip. The glitter is nice and subtle. The only problem I have is that these lipsticks run out SO quickly... I feel like after two weeks of use, the stick is already too far down the tube.

on 1/12/2010 11:46:00 PM

What? Gold lipstick? Pause. This doesn't go on crazy gold, but it does give your lips a nice golden sheen, almost like honey. Looking at the swatch on my hand reminds me why I love this so much.

on 12/30/2009 2:08:00 PM

this is my favorite slimshine! in the tube its a gold color with sparkles. it does go on kind of sheer but i like that. the only thing i dont like about slimshines in general is i think they expire before normal lip products would. it must be something about the formula but mine has a weird smell to it. it doesn't taste bad or anything though but it does make me worried to have back ups of this one since i'm pretty sure it is discontinued. if you can get your hands on this i would def recommend it. it goes with everything and its not drying like some of the mac lipsticks and it gives a sort of glossy finish like a lipgloss. its great to just have in your bag for everyday!

This was the first lip stick I got from MAC and I'm so glad I did buy it! In the tube, it's a gold/yellow colour with lots of glitter, but applies a soft sheer gold, almost like honey, with lots of shimmer, but not so much it makes your lips look really frosty, which is something I love. The packaging is great quality and very durable with a classy gloss finish to it and feels comfortable in the hand. Price wise, I'd say it's fair for the quality of it and the amount you get, though if you apply say 4-5 times a day it can run out quickly due to its formula wich is a cross between a lipstick and a lipgloss. I would definetly repurchase and I may even get one for my mum as she loves it too!

on 3/20/2009 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK.
it appears gold in the tube, once applied to lips it is amazingly beautiful. It looks like a really gorgeous gloss with the right ammount of shimmers and lustres to it. It does not really give out colour, but it does a tad bit if yu look really closely.
I have fairly pigmented lips with NC30 skin, i absolutely love this.

on 9/7/2008 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This gloss is not for pigment, but for a shimmery lip. It is easy to wear and looks and feels great. Very hydrating and it does have a bit of staying power even though there is no evidence of stickiness. I wear it alone and on top of other colors that need some polish. This is a must have for me in my purse when I have nothing else.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ah, Voile... I really love the color in the tube, but it just doesn't come out that pigmented on my lips, no matter how many coats I apply. Before I put it on it's this really pretty light yellow color with shimmer... on my lips, just sheer. I guess it's made to be like that, though, so I'm not gonna knock any serious lippies off for that. :) Still, I like the look and feel of it on- my lips look a shade lighter and shiny. It feels greasy, but in a good way, if that makes any sense; not drying at all. Actually, Voile almost reminds me of NARS Moonfleet gloss, only in a l/s form. This would probably look really pretty with a smoky eye. Staying power is pretty decent- it actually lasts longer on my lips than I expected for the type of finish that it is. As for the packaging... I love it! Sleek, shiny, gunmetal silver case.

All in all, I like Voile, even if I'm not overly impressed by it. The color in the tube is uniquely gorgeous, but it's sheerer than I hoped it would be on my lips. Still pretty, though. I'll look for something similar before I buy this again.

Popular Lipsticks