July 23, 2014 | 1997 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Masque UV Defense Active

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Hautelover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This I was skeptical about but have to say it is excellent even if your not an outdoorsy person needing extra protection from uv rays. Left hair feeling amazingly soft and felt great too. Thumbs up!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by veiolex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I honestly didn't like this at all. The consistency was way too runny and i felt like i needed a ton of product to leave some kind of effect on my hair. For how little uses i got out of the entire tub the pricing seems ridiculous! The whole UV line is really not for me...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this product to be very average and didn't outshine any conditioners I've previously used. It did rinse out very well and left my hair soft. I would not purchase this again though because of the troublesome packaging (i.e. the tub thing it comes in). Every time I used it, water got inside the tub and diluted the product. I also found it very hard to scoop out and dropped the tub several times. Because of these reasons, I was glad to see the back of it >_<

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by michelleb1911

I love this conditioner, used in conjunction with the Bain Apres Soleil shampoo. It detangles and leaves my hair so soft and moisturised with no build up. My hair is long, bra strap length, and colour treated. I couldn't ask for anything more in a conditioner. This makes my hair perfect and I only use a very small amount. I'm almost finished with the jar and I think it has lasted me about 3 months so far.
The only thing I don't like so much is the packaging because if you try to open it in the shower its very difficult to keep the water from running into the jar. I transferred it to a bottle with a flip top lid so its no problem at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by alisonmidd

It is pricey, but lasts for ages. The results from using this are great, my hair is in great condition now. I mainly use it in the summer and while on holiday, but also use it after I've been swimming to counteract the chlorine so I do use it all year round too. It is easy to use and feels very luxurious, like I'm really treating myself. It is a great conditioner and like all kerastase products really transform your hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This conditioning multi-protection gel/cream mask is formulated for weakened, color-treated hair and the anti-photodamage properties provide protection against UV rays and chlorinated or salt water so it's perfect for summer but I also use this year round.

This mask/masque leaves my hair more conditioned, soft, silky & shiny than Kerastase MasqueIntense. I gave a friend (w/ very damaged colored hair) 2 samples of Kerastase masks: 1) Masqueintense & 2) Maque UV Defense & she also felt the UV Masque left her hair in better condition than the Masqueintense.

The texture is more like a light cream/gel with a light, fresh scent (which I prefer to grandma cologne scent of Masqueintense). The amount of silicones in this product made me nervous at first but it is very easy to comb the product through the hair. As soon as it was in my hair, it felt like a special treat and I could feel it working. It gives great slip to the hair and after rinsing, my hair felt very luxurious: super smooth, soft, VERY silky, but not greasy or weighed down. This product would probably be perfect for the hair pre-pool or pre-ocean dip (some masque transferred to a travel size container would be a good idea as the tub is large). I also have the Soleil Creme Richesse however it made my hair a bit dull and tangle prone so I was relieved with the super conditioned, glossy results of this UV Defense Active Masque.

I have fine (but lots of it) long (5" past shoulders), black, stick straight, Korean hair. Slightly oily scalp with dry ends. I use: Joico, Alterna Hemp along with Kerastase (I love Bain Miroir Shampoos 1 & 2, Chroma Protect Leave-In & Ciment Thermique).