September 16, 2014 | 1897 users online

Moisturizers - Lumene - Time Freeze Firming Day Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I believe this entire line has, sadly, been discontinued. I love the oil cleanser that goes with this line and I bought a three-piece kit of the Time Freeze Firming Day Cream, the toner and the oil cleanser off of Ebay to get my hands on my precious cleansing oil. I use the day cream after I work out in the pool and sit in the sauna, then take a hot shower. By that time my facial skin can use a little moisture and this does a good job of adding a little moisture without feeling greasy. I only have a small jar of it but it will probably last me a long time because I only use it at the gym.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by linet182

My Review is for the night cream- I bought a tub of it from CVS after a coworker recommended it to me. I don't use it all over my face, because it is not noncomedogenic and I tend to break out very easily. I use a small amount, only around my eyes. Other than moisturizing and giving a cooling effect, I cant really say I have noticed any kind of a difference. I have dry eyelids during the winter so it has helped with that. Overall okay product, I will probably purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by tichikitty

I am a 52 year old woman with bad under eye puffiness and deep wrinkles. I have tried many products and none of them have helped like this "Lumene Time Freeze" firming day cream has. It was like a miracle sent from heaven from the very first time I used it. It not only filled in my wrinkles, but also reduced the puffiness. I use it in the morning and right before retiring for the night. Wow, what a difference! I am soooooo happy with this product! Like so many good products on the market, they seem to disappear after a short time on the shelf. Please don't stop making this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by neptuneworld

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

@ domokun_nyc and zetaflickan -- no product is for everyone, but the residue you find coming off your skin after a few minutes following application of this product is actually your dead skin cells sloughing off. Some might be bothered by this, but this process actually increases your collagen production by allowing new skin cells to generate. It may seem weird at first, but don't be alarmed. I've used a few other products in the past that have done this; some with retinol, some without. Lumene Time Freeze is one of these. just an FYI... thanks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

I actually purchased this a year ago, found it way too heavy and oily and set it aside. My skin changed a bit in the interim (hooray aging). Tried it again a few weeks ago because my skin was going through a dry spell. I use this as a night cream. My skin just isn't that dry. The cream is a bit sticky on the skin - but the next morning my skin looks clearer. Wrinkles still there, but small zits and mild blotchiness are gone. Not enough of a miracle worker to purchase again, but works well enough to finish the jar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

Okay, let me preface by saying that this review is actually for the Lumene Time Freeze Firming NIGHT Cream, not DAY. Also, I am reviewing the sample size, which is .5 oz in a small jar.

I use this cream not as it is intended, which is as a night cream, but as a nighttime eye cream instead. Since it is a little heavy and very moisturizing, I figured it would make a nice eye cream to complement my lighter Cera Ve Night Lotion. It works wonderfully! I am 30 years old with no wrinkles and very fine lines under my eyes, and this cream soaks in and leaves a luminous non greasy glow around my eye area. It is very lightly scented too, which is refreshing since so many skin products these days are heavily scented.

The best part of all? The .5 oz sample size is the perfect amount for an eye cream and costs $1.99 at CVS. I am certain that if Lumene marketed this product as an eye cream they would charge $20 for the same amount. I think oftentimes eye creams that cost more than facial creams are probably the same, if not very similar ingredients anyways.

So, if you are looking for intense hydrating around your eyes and plan to wear this at night, I would recommend it. I would not, however, recommend it for day as it does not contain sunscreen and is rather heavy, so eye makeup would likely slide.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank goodness I only paid for the small sample size because this stuff is terrible. The smell is very chemical-y or plastic-y. About half hour after applying (without anything - moisturizers or makeup layered over it) I touched my face and little dried up bits were rolling off. It felt like I had eraser shavings all over my face. I like a number of other Lumene products, but this one is not good.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by jsnester

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this moisturizer. I was surpised at the negative reviews. With the understanding that there's really no such thing as a "miracle in a jar", I have to say I've experienced visible results using this cream on my 40-year-old skin. My skin is smoother and softer and has a nice glow when I use this cream. Fine lines are less noticeable as well. I'm not a fan of heavy face creams so I use this formula day and night. It goes on very sliky and doesn't leave a greasy residue. A jar lasts a long time for me so $30 seems like a good deal for a product of this quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

There are some terrible reviews on this product which in some ways I expect (due to the jar packaging and lack of SPF) but also surprises me. I bought a sample sized jar for $3.00 from CVS just to try it out and I am very happy with the results. First of all, I don't use this as a day cream. It has no SPF at all and so I use it as a night cream instead. Because of this, I can't say whether this rolls off after you apply makeup over it. As a night cream, this sinks easily into my skin (dry/combination, fine lines) and makes me look so much more refreshed and awake in a morning. When I apply it at night, it feels silky and light going on, not greasy and sticky. The jar packaging is atrocious, any cream should really be in a pump, not only for hygiene but for the effectiveness of the ingredients. But this won't stop me using it. I have had great results with this cream, no firming effect so to speak, but just well moisturized skin with plumped lines and a healthy glow.I never noticed any fragrance (but I do have allergies and so my nose is constantly blocked and I can't smell anything!). I will be buying the full size of this cream, even though I don't use it how it is intended. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Horrible product. Not very moisturizing, and after it dries (no, it doesn't get absorbed into the skin) when applying sunscreen or foundation on top of it, or just rubbing my face a little bit, it comes off in rolls.