October 25, 2014 | 1093 users online

Eye Shadow - Shu Uemura - IR Brown 850

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by queenofhearts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful eyeshadow, a staple in my everyday make-up! A silvery taupe that goes with everything and is flattering on any eye colour. The texture is smooth and buttery, nothing less than the usual Shu excellence! I don't think I'll ever be able to finish it, but if I do, I will buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i am so much in love with it.. i love taupe colours, since i got dior bronze a long long time ago.. i had satin taupe but i cannot describe how big is the difference between that two.. i just adore this color, the texture is almost creamy stays on all day without is any pimer or base..it is perfect for everyday and with some darker shades it is amazing for nights:)))))
will buy it again and again:)))

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by temmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really gorgeous silvery, greyish taupe. It has the smooth, silky texture of most shu shadows and blends like butter. I love it with MAC's copperplate in my crease and Guerlain's Oriental Metal on my waterline. Its a neutral look that isn't boring and looks sophisticated. I totally recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by thesoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a true silvery taupe with no orange or purple undertones. As a taupe whore I own more than a dozen shades but this is my second favorite (after MAC's sweet sienna) color. Texture is silky and smooth with great pigmentation as all Shu eye shadows are, and never fades or creases on my eyelids. I love to pair this with Bobbi Brown's Espresso to give myself a cool and calm city-chic look. This may be more silver than taupe on girls darker than NC30, so keep that in mind!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by ShuUemuraLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

****This review includes a pic, please click continued******
Lasting power: This is the only stuff that lasts forever on me without primer. Even MAC shadows crease and fade. I love it. I depotted it into the michael Lin for shu palette that came with it.

Packaging: Not the best, but very sleek. I actually nicked one of my blushes due to the poor packaging, but not the eye shadows. Looks pretty.

Price: 15$ per eyeshadow, only a dollar more than Clinique. Pretty cheap compared with other high end brands.

Depotting: This has a hole in the back, usually next to the second line in japanese that says the formula. Poke toothpick in that and you can lift it out easily. But it is not magnetic--you need to reuse the glue, which is kinda gross.

Color: this is a grayish silver brown. As I am not good with colors, there are pics below. I assume it is like the ME brown 850, but in an iridescent format because it has the same number. pretty metallic.
****EDIT**** Now that I have ME Brown 850, I can say it's worth getting both because ME850 is much warmer.

Comments: Gives a nice pearly look, hence the name. Also good for liner. Very pretty and pigmented, will last a long time. I would definetly buy this again, with all other eyeshadow colors. As always, very silky soft and pigmented.

from top IR White 900Y,P Green 450,Pristine Green,ME Beige 800 ,IR Brown 850

clockwise IR white 900Y, P green 450, ME beige 800, IR Brown 850 (yes it is on top of my ipod LOL) in michael lin palette

Closed Michael Lin for Shu Uemura asia exclusive palette

Depotting/packaging: the hole near the right corner is the one you poke out from.

Comparisions: