November 27, 2014 | 996 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Anti Aging Foundation SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by haiger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would like to begin this review by saying that I have tried most liquid foundation by La Prairie and purchased the following 3 over the years. Cellular Treatment Foundation Sation, Skin Caviar Foundation and the Anti-Aging Foundation SPF 15. I have to say this foundation is by far one of the worst foundation I have ever tried. I cannot stand the smell, the texture, the feel and the look when I'm waering this foundation. It has a weird consistency. Once applied, it feeld like you have "mud" on your face. It does not give any radiance as the Cellular Treatment or the Skin Caviar foundations do. It just sits on your skin, making it apparent that you are waering foundation. It's also quite heavy as far as the coverage is concerned, which in not necessarily a good thing. Another point I would like to mention is that it contains way too many harsh ingredients, such as Alcohol Denat. (pretty high on the list). The formula is not skin-friendly at all. The discontinued Cellular Treatment Satin foundation was by far superior to this in so many ways. It contained very few but excellent ingredients and made your skin looking absolutely fresh and radiant. I am seriously exasperated that La Prairie keeps discontinuing their classic products, such as their De-Agers Serums, including the C-Energy Serum. I find that the newer products do not contain the same ingredients as in the past. The White Caviar line for instance is a waste of money. The Eye serums contains way to much alcohol, which dried out my delicate eye area. Also it contains glitter that imparts the illusion of good skin, which I hate so much. Glitter should not be a part of skin care but rather make-up. I am so disappointed that I will only use their classic formulas (like the blue caviar line). I'm really fed up that almost ALL of my favorite products have been replaced by formulations that are not skin-friendly nor potent as they used to be. Most of their newer products are outragiously overprived for what they are. And no, I'm not saying this because I'm poor. Actually, I used to love La Prairie and bought a lot of products from them because they worked but not anymore. It makes me so sad that La Prairie obviously changed their philosophy. I have the feeling that the newer formulations/products are manufactured specifically for newly-rich people, predominantly from Russia (no offence), who will buy anything that's super-expensive, believing that this makes it ultra-exclusive and good for your skin BUT a look at their ingredients list will tell you, they are not. As I said, I used to love their classic formulas but I will not buy anything from their "latest" technologies anymore because they are full of crap for the most part.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by kasiaw99

I absolutely love this foundation. It applies very smoothly, feels great on the skin all day and provides excellent coverage without being cakey. Yes, it is pricey, but I expect that it will last a very long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by mariangelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

- I am NC 20 and shade 200 matches my skin perfectly and this is the only reason I give to it 4 stars.
- The coverage is light to medium but is a buildable foundation.
- My skin is acne-prone so I prefer applying this only where I need some coverage and not all over my face. I can't describe this as a light-weight formula.
- It's supposed to be an antiaging foundation but for me it works as a regular foundation and I don't think that it has to offer any benefits to mature skin. At least I have young skin and I didn't notice any difference with my fine lines!
- If we consider this as antiaging foundation it doesn't worth its money and I think that is a pricey product.

I will repurchase this only if I don't find a foundation that matches my skin tone as well as this does.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by HudaYassin

Firstly let me emphasise that I tried really hard to like this product..but my experience with this foundation was not so satisfying. My skin type is dehydrated/sensitive/oily t zone.
The lady over the counter won me over with all the skin benefits of this foundation skin care fusion..plus it looked quite dewy on initial application at the counter on half my face :/

After purchasing it..I tested it for a month..everyday. £79 at department stores house of fraser/selfridges/John Lewis

Pros-
-Nice dispensing bottle.looks luxe if your into the gimmicks
-On application glides well..quite light and your face doesn't feel to heavy it's MATTE finish
-Ok shade selection.
-has not broken me out and suitable for sensitive skin

Cons-
-Price..a bit too far fetched..especially if you want great results
-As mentioned before matte finish...but boy does accentuate all the nooks and crannies..I don't have wrinkles or fine lines...but they somehow developed upon this application..not cool
-after it's matte finish wears off aprox 6hours you get a dewy look and a sticky feel
-I promise I have noticed no skin benefits/changes on my skin
-slides off after 6hours...so you would have to reapply after your mornings makeup if your going out in the evening

I'm one to spend a bob or two for the right product, but feel with this product given its price does no justice. In fact..the benefit wow oxygenating foundation £28 feels more luxe on the skin with the added dewyness later throughout the day. I'm not plugging benefit products nor am I their sales person I'm just a self confessed beauty junkie who has a medical background and a special interest in dermatology.
Hope this has been helpful

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by mslater

First let me say how wonderful this foundation makes me look when I first apply and set this with my Chanel Les Beiges. I am shade 100 and have a somewhat fair complexion. This creamy and lightweight cream glides over my face with the tinniest drop, which provides even and full courage, without eventuating dry patches and settling into fine lines. Best of all, this foundation gives me one of the dewiest and most radiant glows I have ever had! Pricy, I know, but this is La Prairie people and this product lives up to the great La Prairie name. I haven't used this product long enough to experience the "all mighty" anti-aging benefits, but thats a job for my serum. Honestly, I don't even need concealer for blemishes or redness and "dare to bare my skin" (well almost). After an hour, I do get oily in my t-zone, but I just blot and powder with a puff and Dior touch-up powder. I hate to say I want to buy it again because it is 2x the price of my former HG Dior AirFlash, but I will in an instant. Although this doesn't have the wear power of Perfection Lumière for example, but I do not mind touching up to maintain a healthy, natural, dewy, and glowing look.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by tea4me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this La Prairie foundation because it is almost half the price of the Cellular Skin Caviar Foundation. Granted the Skin Caviar foundation does come with a full size concealer in the cap, and this does not.

I find this too have less radiance than the Caviar Foundation. The coverage is medium to full. The color choices are very limited. I have #200 and its a bit too dark for me. For reference I wear Caviar Foundation in Ivory or Creme Peach (both work), La Mer in Porcelain, BB in Ivory, Shiseido O20.

I would not re buy this product. I prefer the LaMer Porcelain, or Cellular Caviar Foundation because it gives a better glow and it's a better color match.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by zakitis

As I am a huge fan of La Prairie caviar cream foundation I decieded to try out this one as it was half of the price. Ok, maybe it is ok foundation but after LP cream one it is JUST OK foundation. What I hated the most, it is very hard to blend, and it is VERY, VERY CAKEY! and it has this dry feeling even I have an oily skin. And the smell is just so chemical. Actually nothing good to say about this foundation. I would NOT recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by jenicavranich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this foundation for the last year and I love it. After trying many foundations on the market I am relieved to have found one that works. Previously, I used Estee Lauder Lucidity which was good however, it doesn't come close to La Prairie. This foundation is moisturizing and leaves the skin with a even hydrated finish (probably not he best product for really oily skin). One drop covers the whole face which is great since it is a little pricey ( 1 bottle lasts me about 8 months). The coverage is medium however, you can build this product up to offer more coverage for the days when you need it. I use a 300 in the winter months and usually just add a touch of liquid bronzer when I have a tan. It's pricey but it truly is a premium product, your skin improves just by using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite foundation has been La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation and Concealer in Beige. I love this foundation. The problem is that I don't love the concealer. It is thick and heavy. When I use it under my eyes, my mascara always leaves marks. I think because it stays so wet. In May when I was ready to replace that foundation, I had a hard time paying $180 when I didn't love that concealer. The foundation lasted for 8 or 9 months -- I still have a little left. I bought Inglot Young Skin Makeup in Las Vegas and promptly returned my unopened LP. I have been using YSM foundation for the last 6 months. It was $16 and definitely worth a try. I have to say that I don't love it for my skin. At first I did, but I think my skin is a little dry for that particular formula. And, it goes on a little too matte looking. It was fine at first, but as the hot season dies down, I am not liking the finish as much. Dewier looks better on me. So, I got a call from LP this last week asking me if I wanted to come in for a Trend Fashion show. I talked to the sales person and ended up going in to try this foundation. She was able to match me to Shade 500. She put 300, 400, and 500 on my skin, and this color seemed to disappear. The shade is a really good match for my face (but my neck is lighter and more yellow), and one squirt covers my whole face. I would say it is a medium to full coverage -- leaning toward full. It is much lighter in texture than my beloved caviar foundation, and so far, I like it. I also like that the foundations have treatments in them and seem to calm my skin. I have to say that I don't love the price of LP products though. If things change, I"ll update this review.
UPDATE: I returned all of the LP products I bought because I kept getting little pimples. When I talked to the SA, she said that I should keep them for a couple of weeks because her skin breaks out with new products. I started getting cystic acne around my chin areas, and back they products went.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by binne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product comes with nice packaging, but the color range is awful, not a good match for normal skin tones, either too pink or too yellowy. Also, steer well clear if your skin type is oily, as it has poor staying power, and your face will feel and appear shiny all day long, even after application of primers and powders. Overall, this product is not worth its high price tag.