November 21, 2014 | 1908 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Brushes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by naomi09

I've been using CS "BR-250" blending brush for some time now and I love it. It does EVERYTHING. I can do my whole eye make- up with this brush. It's really soft but stiff at the same time so it won't lose its' shape when you wash it. I totally recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by AnnieKristine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I haven't had my brush set from them for very long but so far I've had no shedding(I use on a daily basis) and they pick up and put on the right amount of makeup for me

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I seriously ADORE CS brushes! I own a ton of them. Right now, my favorite is the Synthetic Crease Blender brush. It's so dense, and blends like a dream! It's not too big, which is perfect because I don't have very big eyes. :) I also love how the regular CS line is a black handle and silver funnel. I'm a simple color kind of woman! I've had a couple that I bought a year ago, and they haven't changed one bit. No dye from the brushes bleeding color while washing or anything, and they also keep their shape! I recommend buying CS brushes 100% to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Overall I ADORE Coastal Scents brushes. They are by far my favorite brushes for the price and quality. (I've tried some MAC, sigma, crown, ecotools, ELF, sonia kashuk brushes) My favorite are the Classic Blender Synthetic, Classic Shadow Small Synthetic (I use it as a lip brush) and Destiny Kabuki on a stick. (reminds me of that Comedian) (Jalapeno on a stick ROFL)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by beindifficult

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Coastal Scents brushes are by far the best I've ever used, next comes ELF. I have had the priviledge of using MAC brushes for a short while during a MAC workshop, and while I must admit that these brushes are pretty darn good, for a regular person (non MUA) I think I have no business paying that amount of money for makeup brushes. Some people complain of shedding, I have had my CS brushes for close to two years and the only one that sheds is the Classic Buffer Small Natural -$4.95. I use a cheapy hair conditioner on all my brushes after washing and this resolves the shedding issue!!! Definitely worth trying out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Coastal Scents.
I love their palettes, gel liners, lipglosses, but most of all their brushes.
They are SO high quality, and for the price, you can't beat it!

Yes, some brushes have issues with shedding. My duo fibre stippling brush I have from them does shed, but it's nothing major. Just a few hairs here and there. But even the High End brands have brushes that shed pretty badly. *cough* MAC 109 *cough*

Overall, I am extremely pleased with these brushes.
Unless you're a label whore, you do not need name brand brushes when you can get ones that are of the same quality, for so cheap!

Will continue to purchace, I have a feeling all my brushes I own will be from them! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have written numerous reviews on the Coastal Scent brushes, so I figured I might as well give an overview of all the CS brushes that I owned/purchased. First, please know that ALL the brushes available for sell by CS are made/marketed (and also sold, sometimes for a lesser price) by Crown Brush (www.crownbrush.biz) and the company has 10x more brushes available than what is sold by CS.

On to my collection of Crown Brushes that I purchased from CS.

1. Black Deluxe Shadow from Crown Brush - this is good all over color brush and I use it to apply a highlighter under my eyebrows.
2. Pink Round Crease Eye Brush from Crown Brush - this is an OK crease brush but not my favorite and I barely reach for it anymore.
3. Blending Brush from Crown Brush - this is an OK blending brush.
4. Italian Badger Deluxe Fan Brush from Crown Brush - this is a good brush, I use it to sweep away eyeshadow fallout; and to apply a light dusting of blush and/or powder to my face when I am in a rush.
5. Deluxe Buffer Brush from Crown Brush - this super soft brush that shed like a Pomeranian and is somewhere in city dump where it belongs.
6. Pink Flat Top Bronzer Buffer Brush from Crown Brush - this is a very good buffer brush.
7. Black on Black Sable Shadow Chisel Sable from Crown Brush Ė this is OK (borderline on good) medium-size eyeshadow brush but I donít reach for it often.
8. Pro Eyelash Defining Comb from Crown Brush - this tool has revolutionized the application/wear of mascara for it gives my lashes separation & lift while de-clumping them. I use it everyday that I wear makeup and it has become a HG product for me.
9. Synthetic Concealer Shading Brush from Crown Brush - this is great concealer brush which can double as an eyeshadow brush in a pinch.
10. Pink Kolinsky Lip Brush from Crown Brush - this is good lip brush/spot concealer brush.
11. Oval Camouflage Brush from Crown Brush - this is a great conceal brush.
12. Synthetic Shadow Brush from Crown Brush - this is great brush which I bought to apply my pigments - itís an excellent eyeshadow brush as well - and I reach for it often.

I hope this review helps someone who needs good inexpensive brushes and I would highly suggest you check out Crown Brushes' website for they have even more makeup brush options than what is sold by CS.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by mcmxcii

I got the brush that was supposed to be a dupe for the MAC 226.

To be fair, it's very soft, and the shape is good. But, it started shedding before I even washed it. It sheds all over my eye, and all over the tissue that I wipe it on. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 7:08:00 AM More reviews by pattasy

This is for the IB103 Flat Bronzer. Use this to apply mineral makeup foundation and veil. I have two of them, so when i skip out on washing one, i grab the other. Very little shedding. The flat top can pick up alot of product at once and buffs wonderfully into my skin. Cuts the application time in half due to only having to dip it once!! :) This brush allows for heavy coverage faster that trying to build it using a dome kabuki. I'm going to buy more in case they get discontinued, i don't know what i would do without it. :) This is my absloute favorite brush, my friends use this too with their bare escentials stuff. :) :) :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Overall, I've been very pleased with CS brushes. Their line of synthetic face brushes are some of the best brushes I've ever owned. They're insanely soft, far softer than any of my other brushes, higher end or not. They're strudy and good quality, too. They've stood up to many washings, and have never shed, though they do take a while to dry. If you're going to try any of the CS brushes, I definitely recommend the synthetic line, you will not be disappointed.