April 20, 2014 | 1458 users online

Eyes - Lancome - Color Focus Palette #105 - Renaissance Printaniere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Bought this blind. Just knew it was all 'greens' and that it would be good. It's absolutely fantastic, not one shadow gets ignored. I do a twist on a smokey eye and also use the dark green as a liner with the llght/mid green on the bottom inner corner. My only complaint is not one shade is matte so used together I feel they're strictly for evenings. But that's not really a complaint. I have dark brown eyes and this quad really makes them pop.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by MsCr0w

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a good green palette and found a review for this Lancome quad. It's been so many years since I bought Lancome I had to revise my 'for old ladies' impression when I started to use it.

I missed the whole Erika F thing but agree, it is such an unusual and versatile shade which in this quad works beautifully as an eye lined or accent colour. The apple, khaki and white shades all work very well together and I like that the shimmer isn't too much. The colours really do last well all day and I find them flexible enough to wear lightly or very intensely. If I had one criticism is that I find the sage/khaki colour take a lot of work to look as intense and as such that particular pan is looking more used than the others.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by krys

Start with the first question everyone asks: YES, this is one of several quads that include the Color Focus version of the super-famous Erika F shade that everyone loves so much. (For others, see jojoba's excellent and comprehensive review here: http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=100141/Lancome/Lancome_Color_Focus_Exceptional_Wear_Smooth_Eye_Colour_Quad_Euro_Version/Eye_Shadow) and give her a little love! This chick rocks!)

And Erika F is without a doubt a beautiful and unique shade. It's a complex gray-green that flashes multicolored, ultra-fine glitter AND iridescence. I know of none other like it.

But focusing on that one shadow tends to sell this quad short. There are three other shimmery shades and each is quite lovely: An iridescent white that flashes green; a rich, true emerald green (probably Montage) that looks a little darker when applied; and a pretty lime color that throws off a green-blue glow.

All four shadows are quite pigmented, and apply smoothly. They have shown excellent staying power, especially when used over a base like MAC Paints. They look small but I've been using this quad for four months now and each shadow is still domed with only the slightest flattening at the top.

They're packaged in a sleek black compact with a good-sized mirror and three sponge-tip applicators, two standard and one narrow (to use as liner?)

So where do you find this compact? I paid $40 (including shipping) to Strawberrynet, through eBay. Right now it's not available on that company's Web site or through eBay, but it might return. In the meantime a few pop up from time to time on the Web - so at least you know the retail price. :-)

Good luck!