October 21, 2014 | 814 users online

Lip Gloss - Stila - Silk Shimmer Gloss in Kitten

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this lipgloss in a Kitten Set. It is a smaller size but I do like this to top my lips for some potent shine. It does smell nice. I think the brush is wonky and doesn't slide in and out very well. I always have fibers that stick out all over the place when I pull the wand out. But it is pretty, feminine and great for a shine top coat for lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by xpudding

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, I just want to say that I'm not huge on lip gloss, and I don't wear it every day. I love this lip gloss because it's such a pretty shimmer and shine -- without the stickiness that I hate about most other lip glosses. It's silky, and it smells amazing (vanilla?). It doesn't have lasting power though, so if you don't like reapplying, would maybe try this out before buying to see how it works for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by marinasdiamonds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipgloss. I have never ever found a more prettier color than this. I wear this lipgloss everyday and it has a great habit of staying on as long as you don't wipe it off or drink something with it on, although, it does still manage to partially stay on evn if you do drink or eat something. Other than that it's a beautiful color and it makes my lips shine beautifully!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love this gloss because it is not sticky and does not dry my lips out like some glosses can do when they wear off the lips. Also, this gloss smells and tastes sweet, like caramel, which i love. i love sweet smells and tastes.This is a clear gloss with champagne shimmers in it and looks really beautiful when i apply it. It is more on the sheer side, so if you want a really pigmented kitten gloss, get the lip glaze. That one is so pigmented that it is metallic lol. For me, this gloss is perfect. I will defiantley repurchase when i am out...just wish it didn't cost so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Being a big fan of kitten eye shadow, I thought this would make a fun base. I was wrong. The formula is thin, so thin the color hardly shows up, and it is impossible to build any color.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Iamsheherazade

Pretty silky non-sticky gloss that applies smoothly and doesn't creep out my lips (if that makes any sense at all). I paid full price at Sephora but will now start checking my local Winners for the trios mentioned here. It does apply clear while in the tube it's a pretty kittenish colour - soft pink with shimmer. I find it lasts as long as most lipglosses do for me (if I eat or drink not long at all but if not - average).

I did post that I'd purchase again but never at full price - too much money for a clear gloss.... what was I thinking?

*.-~**`*~-.-Iamsherazade-,.-~**`*~-.* continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by kris1818

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I also found this at Winners in a three pack for ten dollars. It looks so pretty in the bottle but goes on clear with a slight shimmer that's barely there. It's not too sticky but doesn't seem to last long. For three dollars it's a great gloss but I wouldn't pay the full retail price for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by willyouscream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this at Winners the other day in a lipgloss trio for $9.99. It contained three full-sized glosses, two of them were "kitten" and then there was a pale pink cream shade with no shimmer. Anyways, i will only talk about the two "kitten" ones as thats what this review is for. This lipgloss is actualy amazing, and may be the best lipgloss i;ve ever used. Its not sticky AT ALL. True, that means it doesnt last very long, but a lipgloss is always either going to be sticky, or wear off quickly. Even as it wears off, it continues to feel silky and smooth, and doesnt wear off unevenly or beggin to feel sticky. It feels so smooth on, and even though there is shimmer in it, it doesnt feel gritty. The colour is a sheer, pink-y golden nude that is pretty by itself, or layered over a lipstick or lip stain. Personally, i like layering it over a peach or golden bronze lipstick. While it IS expensive if you pay full price for it, it is a high quality product. As long as you don't buy it expencting long-wearing, full colour gloss (nowhere on the packaging or online does it advertise being either of these things), you will be happy with your purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by calixa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

ETA: I've changed my mind about this one. Recently I've begun wearing it over matte/semi-matte lipsticks and oh man oh man does it ever transform your lipcolour. The fine shimmer in it looks stunning over pinks and reds and it makes cheap lipstick look expensive. The effect reminds me of MAC dazzleglasses, but better and without the stickiness.

Looks great in the tube, but is essentially a clear gloss with a bit of shimmer - meaning it is awfully pricey for what you get. The applicator is really odd, it's like a stiff plastic brush that doesn't dispense product evenly at all and is honestly difficult to use. Still, the texture of the gloss is smooth as silk, and if you are lucky and got one of those mysterious three-packs from Winners the other shades are wonderful. There is a beautiful vibrant raspberry red that borders on being a lipstain and an equally pigmented milky light pink that I cannot find the names of because it doesn't seem to exist, even on Stila's website. I actually got a few packs so I could have backups of the red and pink because I loved them that much. I wouldn't pay full price for Kitten, but I might be persuaded to do so for the other shades if Stila ever decided to market this as a full line.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in the pack of three for $9.99 at Winners. At that price I would certainly buy again. I would not buy at full price.
It goes on clear with only a sheer sparkle to it. It layers well on top of lipstick or a more heavily pigmented gloss. The brush is not very precise, but that's not a problem for a gloss with such little pigment. Kitten was my least favorite of the three glosses.