La Prairie cellular anti-spot brightening serum

2.0

on 5/4/2010 1:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I didn't like this at all. The smell is too clinical, the price too high and it doesn't do what it says. It didn't lighten my sun spots one bit and I used it twice a day. When I put it on my skin it felt kind of annoying. It left me with an unflattering sheen which I had to cover with foundation. I was almoast relieved when it was gone. Otherwise I adore LP products, but this one was a real dissapointment.

on 4/18/2008 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well, let me start saying that my skin WAS a half year ago, one to be envy of: firm, supple, wrinkle-free, radiant... See my reviews: I use the best things. Not only the super expensive ones, but those who can actually offer great ingredients. Without being arrogant: I can differ good from bad...
I went skiing a three months ago, and went home with sun spots. Not that sun at my age causes sun spots for more then 1cm, but i let laser 3. Yes 3! veins on my skin. Kind of roseacae on both sides. 1 on the left, and 2 on the right. Because my skin was traumatised by the laser, my skin was more vulnerable. Result: sun spot! Huge ones!
I cried a lot, days. My beautiful skin was ruined. Oh wel, it still is.
I went for lasering again, now for erasing my sun spots. The didn't want to do it, because the summer is on board and maybe it would get worse. Totally desperate I bought this in the hope it would get better...
My feelings about this product: it took a while before I noticed a difference. Actually more then a month. Discoloration is less obvious. It's lightened, and it's not that big. BUT: it's not gone. Maybe I wasn't realistic to think that it would erase them, but still... they are way too obvious the two brown spots. I still need a strong concealer, which has really dissapointed me. Maybe it's the best on the market cause others have mentionted that it's unbelieveble that a product can do something on sun spots- sorry I can't compare. Still I have to do lasering in the winter...
Conclusion: Use this if you have mild sun spots and your realistic on your expectations. They will not do them away. At it's best: a bit fading.
Texture: liquidy, watery, nice for a serum. Absorbs instantly. Not drying. Not peeling.
Smell: clinical
Packeging: as with all serum from la Prairie: very nice.
Price: affordable. You don't need much so the bottle will last long.
It's a good product, but don't expect miracles!

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)