October 25, 2014 | 1423 users online

Treatments (Face) - Dr. Brandt - Laser-A-Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by angel411

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff. Skin is softer, lines appear less, texture is smoother, acne is less (probably because acne products can better penatrate skin). Love this stuff!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Gonelvik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've got a sample of this peel and this peeling is effective. It feels almost too drying and harsh while on skin. I definitely need moisture afterwards. It whitens and evens out skin nicely, but I prefer Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant which is more gentle and I am able to leave it on my face for some time. It's cheaper too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by notfalling028

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Expect some pain if you have sensitive skin - this really really burns! I can only tolerate it for 2-3 minutes (you're supposed to keep it on for 5) then my whole face is very itchy and is begging to wash that off asap. Once it's off the redness goes away very quickly. As for the effects, they might be more long-term as I have been using it for three weeks once a week and have not noticed any improvement on my pigmentation marks yet. However, the strong burning sensation reassures me it must be doing something at least.
Could easily do without the soothing gel - it doesn't really do much and I don't really like gel textures and have lots of soothing creams anyway.
Not sure why you're supposed to apply the peeling solution with a cotton pad - doesn't make any difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Aradhana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a waste of money! This product did absolutely nothing. I used four pumps of the peeling solution and applied it with my finger. The product goes on like a lotion and then sinks into your skin. After I washed it off I saw no difference. I used it twice a week for a few weeks and still no difference. I gave it 1 lippie because I actually like the way the post peel lotion hydrates and soothes my skin. I shoulda listened to the woman at sephora and went with the Dermadoctor at home peel instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2008 7:58:00 AM More reviews by al82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was undecided on wether or not to buy again.
i used this peel and got amazing results,my skin was glowy and dewy and pores were tightened and the effect lasted about a week.however, as i had a big social week coming up i decided to use this peel again,8 days after my first application.
and it burnt the heck out of me!!!!!typical!
so i recommend this only once a month.i have flakey red tight skin patches on my cheeks and around my mouth.
so use this with caution ladies.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by tsmith650

Well, it feels quite nice, very tingly, my skin is incredibly smooth afterwards. BUT I do not use the sponges! I read the directions the first time, and used one, and while I was applying the peeling solution I squeezed the sponge, and over half of the product had been absorbed into the sponge! LAME, but I havent been using them since and still recieve the same results but I only have to use 2.5 pumps to cover my face, when if using the sponge, they suggest that you use four! So this product will last me quite some time longer! I will repurchase, but I am going to try to use the philosphy microdelivery system inbetween to see if the results are different!
*Update* Well, I have used this for a few months now, and did really enjoy it! But a friend of mine works at Sephora and gave me some samples of the Microdelivery peel from Philosophy, and I must have forgotten how much I liked it. I personally prefer the Philosophy treatment, after feeling the difference. But hay, I say try both, and then go from there. I have heard diff things from diff skin types, so it's best to look for alternatives, or see if you can get a sample to try something new out!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Kikko_man

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice at home peel. I liked it better than Philososphy's which i also liked and was better than the Olay version. However I now use something called Glytone which is much much more effective and cheaper. 10% Glycolic Acid. I am soon going to graduate to Make Up Artists choice 30% Glycolic Acid. More effective, less packaging and a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised there aren't any reviews for this yet, because it's amazing. I've used a lot of peels/microdermabrasion treatments including Philosophy Microdelivery Peel and Oxygen Peel, DermaDoctor Physical Chemistry, Origins Modern Friction, MD Skincare Alpha Beta Peel, Cellex-C Speed Peel Facial Gel, Fresh Appleseed Peel, Bioelements Pumice Peel, DDF Ultra Gentle Peel, and MANY others, and this is possibly the best. Included are a prepping solution, peeling solution and soothing gel and applicator sponges (which I don't use). Active ingredients include lactic and glycolic acid, green tea and soy protein. Anyway, with most of the other at-home treatments I've used I've noticed smoother, softer skin but not much else. The Laser-A-Peel is a bit strong so those with sensitive skin may want to leave it on for less than the recommended time, but the results are just wonderful. Immediately upon washing off the peeling solution, my skin is like porcelain: soft and smooth, but also radiant and clear with barely-noticeable pores. A little goes a long way, so though the price tag is a bit steep at $100, it lasts much longer than Physical Chemistry, my second-fave. Highly, highly recommended!