Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser

4.3

Water, Diglycerin, Maltitol, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Methyl Gluceth-10, Potassium Cocoyl Glutamate, Tea-cocoyl Alaninate, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Lauroyl Glutamate, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium, Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Sasa Kurilensis Water, Glycerin, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using this cleanser for a few years now and I don't think I will ever use another. It really helps to keep my skin clear and I have noticed that my skin goes back to being its oily acne-prone self as soon as I try switching to anything else. I love how gentle it is too. It doesn't feel or smell harsh like other clarifying cleansers. The ingredient list is also very safe. I keep recommending it to my friends who also have troubled skin and I hope that anyone who has breakout prone skin tries it because for me its made a huge difference.

Edit:
The only issue I have noticed with this cleanser is that it becomes less effective as you use it up. This might be because the ingredients are natural and there aren't enough preservatives to keep them stable. I've had to replace this with about an 1/8 to a 1/4 still left in the bottle because my skin started to break out again. As soon as I did it cleared back up. Sort of annoying/wasteful to have to throw out the remainder of each bottle but I will continue to repurchase as it is the only thing I've found that works.

This might be good for dryer acne-prone skin, but on oily skin it did nothing for my acne and blackheads, and I had more then when I started when I was done. :( I'm keeping it because I have high hopes for it and it worked fantastic with my clarisonic, and it did not leave my skin feeling stripped.

on 10/26/2014 6:04:00 PM

I gave this product a good go of it, a month, and it wrecked my skin. I used it a couple of years ago when acne wasn't an issue for me and really liked it. Now I'm battling cystic acne on my chin and this product seems to only make it worse. Luckily, sephora has an awesome return policy so I was able to take it back.

on 9/20/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I started using this per a Sephora employee's suggestion after experiencing no beneficial results with Ole Henriksen's Aloe Vera Deep Cleaning cleanser, and I'm so glad I did. In the first week of use I can already see noticeable improvements in my skin's texture and massive progress in my hormonal acne and acne scars.

This cleanser is super gentle, unscented and non-drying, yet takes off a full face of makeup no problem with one pump of product.

I feel like although the Boscia bottle is slightly smaller than the Ole Henriksen one, it will last much longer as I use about a 1/3 of the product to cleanse as I did with Henriksen - I'm surmising I'll get a good 8-10 weeks out of it.

And again - this is working wonders to help my hormonal acne. I'm used to waking up with one to two new spots forming daily and since using this cleanser have had ZERO new pimples.

on 8/1/2014 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I am on my third or fourth bottle of this product. I have repurchased it throughout the years. I keep trying new cleansers, but ultimately come back to this one. I have oily acne prone skin that has gone from moderate severe to mild thanks to proactiv plus and this product. I use this cleanser at night- most nights with my clarisonic. It foams amazingly well and makes my skin feel super clean. I have noticed a definite decrease in my acne since using this product. I hate that it is so expensive, but one bottle easily lasts me close to a year. I will continue to repurchase this cleanser!

on 7/6/2014 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My whole life I have had virtually perfect skin, until about a year ago. All of a sudden, my cheeks were Breakout Central, and no matter what products I used, (makeup, skincare, etc.) nothing seemed to help. Every time I ran out of a cleanser, I would try something new, trying to find something that would help with the acne. Now, I don't know if it's coincidence or this product truly helped, but over the last 6-8 weeks that I have been using this, my skin has been MUCH clearer. I only get an occasional breakout, probably hormonal. But this is amazing, gentle, not overly drying, no harsh fragrance, and comes in a convenient pump bottle. I use this daily and it has lasted me quite some time now. I will definitely repurchase and I am eager to try other products from this line!

on 3/28/2014 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love love LOVE this product! I have very oily, acne-prone skin and was unfortunately blessed with a low genetic threshold for pimples of any sort. I recently discovered I break out because of stress and during midterm season, I wouldn't venture out of my dorm without makeup.
I've been using this product for about a month, and I love the results. My family and friends commented on my clearer skin and while I am guilty of splurging on concealer and powders, I am totally confident without having to cover my face.

I absolutely recommend this product. Keep in mind that your skin will go through a period of purging. That means your skin is becoming accustomed to the product and may break out but if you suffer through those few miserable days, the results are worth it! :)

on 9/27/2013 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had purchased Boscia's "Clear Complexion Kit" from Sephora (approx. $52.00 CDN) which is a four step sample/starter kit of their Clear Complexion line. The kit contained:

- Clear Complexion Cleanser
- Clear Complexion Toner
- Clear Complexion Treatment
- Clear Complexion Moisturizer
- Green Tea Blotting Papers

When I first used it for about a week (2x a day, morning and night), I was really disappointed because I saw that it wasn't really doing anything for me. I was mad because of the price I paid.

I ended up doing a bit of research and I felt like my skin wasn't getting the miniaturization that it needed. I purchased Boscia's Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel and swapped it out for the Clear Complexion Moisturizer. HOLY COW...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

My skin instantly cleared up. I have been blemish free and my skin is a lot more lively! I use the four step system every morning (and usually every night). This tester kit lasts quite a while. The tiniest amount of cleanser really goes a long way. The tonic is in a spray bottle, which is great, you can control how many sprays you are using.

If I feel like I have a bit of a blemish coming on, or my skin gets some random red patches, I layer the Clear Complexion Treatment under the Black Hydration Gel... This clears up any unwanted blemishes, pimples, and zits before they happen!

I know the price is steep, but I'm telling you it's worth it!

on 9/26/2013 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought a box of mini boscia products from Sephora last year and it came with the Purifying cleansing gel, I love it so I looked more into Boscia cleansers. I saw a 'Clear Complexion Cleanser' and wanted to get it straight away because I have acne and it bugs me a lot. I got it and now have used up the entire bottle. I would say this is a great product and did clear up my skin a bit but didn't work as well as the Purifying Cleansing Gel. I still think this is a great product and would buy it again :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have eczema, so it's pretty hard to find products that would burn my face but I am in love with this cleanser. Not only is it a cleanser but it's also a makeup remover. I usually bring this with me to the gym after work because not only does it cleanse my face, but it also removes my makeup and all the dirt on my face. It's one of the very few products I use that are gentle on my skin and feels natural.