August 23, 2014 | 1005 users online

Self Tanners - tanwise mousse [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ProductvilleAdmin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product was reformulated. You can find reviews for the new version here:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hope I don't get in trouble for this; I just wanted to hopefully let some of you know that Tanwise once again has their sunless tanning mousse available! A few weeks ago I looked on the Sally Beauty Supply website to see which sunless tanners they had... I saw they had a Tanwise lotion, spray, AND a mousse listed. Went to my local Sally's and saw they only had the lotion and the spray (bought the lotion and LOVE it) but when I went back the other day, they had the mousse too! I picked one up and haven't tried it yet, but I will tonight. I'm assuming it's been somewhat reformulated, but I know there were tons of people who loved the previous version so I wanted to let you all know that it's back out there! I'm super impressed with the lotion and really hoping I'll love the mousse as well. Go check it out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

Really like this stuff! St.Tropez will always be my number one fav but its expensive so I got this product at my local sallys. Downfall is it does really smell but it does make you have great color. I just read the last comment, I hope my Sally's doesnt stop selling this I may cry!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by GIRLNEXTDOOR495

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Just as good if not better than St. Tropez mousse. Butttttt.....ok dying here....just went to Sallys to get some more and I bought the last bottle. Yep last one, the cashier told me that it was being discontinued. Yikes! So look out Tampa I'm hitting every store within 60 miles to collect my fav goodie!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually use the Tanwise lotion and Tanwise facial tanner, they are both amazing. Natural looking color but gives a great tan in little time!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by t4729

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was in mourning over the discontinuation of Savage Bronze... I had been using it for years... I read several reviews on different boards that recommend this product in its place... I am AMAZED... even better than Savage and absolutely NO smell... The tan is more gradual but ends up flawless!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have now tried 3 TanWise products from Sally Beauty -

1. Spray (7.99): Didn't like this at all b/c I wanted something hands-free which this is not, I still had to rub it in. I tried using it in the bathtub and ended up with a brown bathtub! Spray is not for me, clearly. The color did last a while though, but application was not what I hoped.

2. Self-tanning Cloths (3.99/2 clothes): Didn't like these either, I liked the concept, but without the color guide (goes on bronze so you can see your app) I had major streaks. I also felt like the cloth dried out super fast and I got more color on the first leg than the second so looked like a weird =)

3. Mousse (7.99): I may be premature in writing a review for this considering I just tried it today! But, I liked the mousse consistency and the color guide helped me get in on evenly - I wore gloves and kept rubbing and rubbing in a big circular motion till it looked like I was covered evenly. The truth will come out after the real color sets in, but as of now I'm satisfied with this product and hope it works out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by nicki007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first used the Tanwise self tanning spray and it did leave streaks on me. I went back and bought the mousse it was $7.99 a bottle at Sally Beauty Supply. I loved it, it went on evenly and gave me a natural looking tan. I even had enough nerve to do my face with this product and have received alot of compliments. I will never buy a different self tanning product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! After being a tanning bed girl, I decided to stop abusing my body and start using self tanner. I have tried all the drugstore brands, and after seeing a review for this on Youtube, decided to try it. I bought it at my local Sally's beauty supply for about $7 with coupon. It is a dark-tinted foam that you apply to exfoliated and moisturized skin. That is the key step if you are getting streaking. I've never had streaking with this product and I use it every other day all over my body and face. I've never broken out from this product either. I don't notice any lasting smell, and because it's tinted, it's very easy to see where you have applied it. I just apply each section of my body with my hands and wash immediately after every section. This is HG material!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by FusilliJenni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I've only used this twice so far, so this is kind of an early review. If I feel the need to update later, I will do so, but so far, so good. Another ex-Savage Bronze user here. I actually still have a half-full bottle im hoarding, but i think i should use it soon as it may go rancid. I do think that tanwise is a great replacement for SB, and I also think the smell is much better and less noticeable. Like another reviewer said, I cant even smell it unless i put my nose right up to my arm. I am pretty fair, with yellow undertones, and this gave me pretty natural color. I swam with it on yesterday and still had color this morning, but i put on another layer, and it looks even better. I have only used it on my arms and chest right now, and usually my legs give me more of a problem with streaking, etc. so we will see. I would definitely recommend this product. It's very easy to use, and great for a night out if you need some color right away. Just make sure you blend fast, cause it dries fast, being that it is a mousse. Plus of that is that you can get dressed within like 5 mins of applying. Not sure if I would recommend wearing white without waiting and showering first. It seems like the color guide may transfer. But like i said, after showering, swimming, etc, you dont have to worry about going completely back to pale. All in all, good product. And cheap! (paid 7.49 with my Sallys card)