July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Boots - Botanics Soothing & Calming Eye Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by scyanide

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just got this on a 3-for-2 deal while overseas. I did notice there was only one shade at the store as they had a tester. It's a salmon-orange color and although I bought it mostly becoz I was curious and it was very affordable.

I appreciate the single shade won't suit everyone BUT for me, it is the perfect color under-eye concealer. Actually, I would have never even thought of using it for this purpose if I hadn't read the MUA reviews ;) ... I've had a LOT of trouble finding under-eye concealers. Most are either too yellow or too grey for me so this is pretty fantastic.

It was quite creaming on application and I set it with a little translucent powder and it stayed all day without creasing. It was a warm day too.

I have not tried it as an eyeshadow primer/base .. but even still, I'd def buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by onlyfr33b33

A nice one to try out--I apply it with a concealor brush, it keeps my eye makeup on so far. Haven't used it as an undereye concealor yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by bootsbeme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes on easy and looks great when it is applied. But no staying power at all! My shadow creased within 2 hours. Would not waste my money again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Jamiiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I barely bought this on Friday and I'm already hating it.NOT GOOD!It was about $9.I thought it would be super awesome since the BOOTS brand is like number one in the UK.The texture seems so creamy to the the touch but when I try to blend it on my eyes it's so tough.I have to literally stretch my eyes.Oh and let me tell you about the color there is NO color selection at all.Ugh.I might have to throw it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Bonita01

It does help to hide undereye circles and I will also say it's creamy and soothing but I didn't like how it creases under my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by hellokittytrooper528

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice base. The price is a little pricey. The packaging is convenient. The color is a little dark, but it's easy to blend. I have oily eyelids, and this base helps my eyeshadows stay for a while. The colors came out more vibrant than without. But after I came home from school, which is about seven hours, the eyeshadow creased. You got your good and your bad, but overall this base is ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by padraiginX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical about the product's color when I looked at the tester, but figured it was worth a shot--I've been under so much stress lately that I'd use spackle under my eyes if I thought it would help. When I tried it at home, I almost didn't recognize myself.

This product requires a feather-light touch, but it definitely covers the dark circles under my eyes and is absolutely invisible under makeup, something my previous favorite concealer was never quite able to accomplish. It lasts pretty well throughout the day.

"Soothing and calming" seem to be more buzzword than fact, but I guess I do feel soothed and calmed by not looking like I'm as overwhelmed and busy as I actually am.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by sapphirekitty4

This would be the first time buying an eye base, as I've been using shadow and concealer as base only. I figured it is about time to get a real one. I met an MA at Target (which was interesting..) and she recommended this product. I didn't have experience with eye bases, but now that I've used it for a dance where I tried packing on color, I have to say that it did seem to work at first, but the colors didn't come out more pigmented and it was oily and left a line at my crease several times during the night. Although I was too knocked out to bother checking at the very end of the night, I did notice that my friend who had it on too (I did her makeup) had all her shadow perfectly in line on her eyelid, so that was good.... But still, it's hard to get the product out of the pot and it doesn't glide on smoothly at all, so I end up sorta having to pull at my lid. Even though this was my first eye primer and I don't have anything to compare to, I just know there's better out there. Don't get this unless you HAVE to. =/

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2008 10:41:00 PM More reviews by xizilia7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted something 'natural' and this failed. It is way too oily and worsens the eyeshadow creasing. As for the color, it matches my tan skin tone and does even out the color on my lids so I only use it if I wanted that dewy shiny eyelid look with just liner and mascara, but it also smudges the mascara (it's THAT oily) . It has a good amount but I won't be buying again bc I won't be using it very often.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2008 2:12:00 AM More reviews by mondaytuesday

Part of Boots' Botanics line, this product claims to soothe/revitalize the eye area with liquorice, horsechestnut and apple extracts, as well as even out skin tone and act as a base for lasting eye color. While I found that it did help to even out the skin tone around my eyes, this was not an ideal product for me and I don't think I will be repurchasing.

- This comes in one color, which is not visible from the outside packaging-- it's like a medium tone with an almost orangey tint. I imagine this does not work at all for those with fair skin.
- The consistency of the base is thin-- almost oily. Since my skin is on the oily side, this seemed to exacerbate creasing for me if I tried to wear eyeshadow over it.
- I don't think I can speak much about it's soothing properties, but I can say that it did not irritate my sensitive skin at all.
- There's a good amount of the product, which is nice for the $8.99 price.

Overall, this product may be good for covering slight under eye circles or eye area discoloration, as long as you have neither fair nor oily skin...