April 20, 2014 | 920 users online

Scrubs - Sugar, Salt, Coffee scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Ninjakitten14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I simply did half olive oil and half coffee grinds. Omg! My shin has never looked/felt better! I could really Exfoliate for the longest time because of the olive oil in it. Anyways, my skin is super soft now and my current acne really calmed down when using this! Like seriously it's amazing. I'm glowing now :) I wouldn't recommend using this every day as the coffee might stain You're skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

My HG mix for a satiny body:
A little bowl with coffee ground mixed with 1 table spoon sesame oil, 1 tb lemon juice (for convenience I use an organic one from a bottle), and 1 tb of honey.
For the face I add 3-4 aspirins which dissolve nicely with the help of the lemon juice and have a gentle perfect peeling!
You will never go back another product if you can have skin like this at the fraction of the cost!!!!
PS: Yes, it is a bit messy in your bath tub, but I don't mind! It's really worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 5:29:00 AM More reviews by VaJasmine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love what coffee does for my skin! Sometimes I handmill my own coffee scrub soap with lots of shea and cocoa butter but I mainly love to use coffee butter married with the coffee grounds for that coffee scent that I love so much.

The coffee butter makes such a huge difference because I can grind down my favorite bars of dessert scented soaps, add pure coconut milk on top, whip it around until it becomes a whipped soap, add the coffee butter then the grounds and blend. Not only does it lather up beautifully but the butter with the grounds really adds to the magic of what coffee does to my bodily skin.

Sometimes I'll use a coffee grounds with super concentrated hibiscus flower tea as a major treat for my acneic, scarred up facial skin as a toning scrub mask. Tightens and gives it a mini lift so when I apply makeup, my skin's as taut as a drum, yet never dry and my makeup stays on like a dream! Very refining for my complexion, dryin' out my acneic areas alongside of reducing puffiness for my whole face.

Oooh I do treat myself to Savor Soaps' Coffee Butter Creme Fraiche Sugar Scrub. I think it was twelve dollars for this huge jar and I've even used it on my hair as a shampoo without having to use conditioner and my stinky hair was thick n' soft, scented like a creamy coffee candy! A total head to toe luxury coffee product for me especially after a long day...the fragrance alone is to die for!!

I love coffee...and even though I rarely drink it anymore, for the handmade at home beauty concoctions, coffee really takes the cake because it has so many uses. I've even tinted my chocolate brown hair with super concentrated coffee liquid!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Llwydlas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I make my own coffee scrub. It makes an awful mess, but It's worth it to me! I use::

* Coffee grounds. Whatever type of coffee I used for the day, lol.
* Olive Oil. Whatever virgin olive oil I cook with.
* Honey. Whatever local honey I have on hand. (I always buy local honey. I just think it's better.)
* Sugar
* Small amount of salt or salt substitute w/ potassium.
* Optionals, depending on my mood. I have added Vit E oil, crushed Vit C tablets, crushed Aspirin, and so forth. Since my skin has improved with other treatments I tend to just keep it really simple now and leave the extras out.

It makes a horrible mess. My 'packaging', a plastic soup container left over from Thai takeout, is inelegant at best, lol. I have fair skin, and this scrub temporarily helps the purple discoloration I have on my upper arms- probably the caffeine. It also helps flakies and the appearence of KP. The olive oil really seems to work better when I use it in this scrub. I'm left with really soft skin without a lot of greasiness. I have found it's the best way to exfoliate without irritating my skin.

Plus, it's cheap!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Beautyhurts

I couldn't bring myself to shell out 20-30 dollar for a small tub of scrub that usually has chemicals in it.....so I decided to make my own. I can't believe the absolutely AMAZING results. My skin is glowing and so soft to the touch.

Here is what I used (should be good for about 3 full body scrubs, using alot each time)
1/4 Sugar (regular white)
1/4 table salt
1/4 Coffee (I used flavored Cinnamon bun for aroma)
1/2 Cup Olive Oil

Benefit of Coffee (caffine) Applied topically coffee helps to redistribute fat cells and decrease the formation of cellulite. It also acts as a vasorestrictor, tightening and shrinking blood vessels thereby helping eliminate varicose veins.

After I had completely scrubbed I washed off with body wash. I guess you wouldn't have too, but I didn't want to be to oily.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No