Avon Anew Ultimate Contouring Eye Serum

2.9

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Dilauryl Thiodipropionate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Cell Extract, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Palmitoyl Lysine Aminovaleroyl Lysine, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-10, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Melicope Hayesii Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces Ferment Lysate Filtrate, Thiazolylalanine, Mesyloxybenzyl Isobutylbenzenesulfonamide, Phytol, Thiodipropionic Acid, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Oil, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Ceramide 2, Crataegus Monogyna Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Behenyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Glucoside, Ozokerite, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 60, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Isomalt, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Xanthan Gum, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Lecithin, Steareth-20, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Caramel, Yellow 5, Red 40

on 12/29/2011 12:42:00 PM

UPDATE: WOULD NOT CONSIDER DUE TO ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET 17/02/2012 Oh well! Another Avon gimmick! This products is not only useless but gave me milia after one month of use. Silicones, plant extract, yuck! Thankfully I didn't pay full price for it. Still, it was a waste!

on 2/24/2011 12:16:00 PM

Love the concept of this but, 2 pots of it later, I have seen no noticeable improvement. The cream itself is fine as it has a good consistency and absorbs well but it certainly didn't do anything near to what Avon claims it does. The serum runs out way before the cream does which probably didn't help.

on 7/13/2010 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is rubbish, with all it's so called "claims" and what not. After using this for one month, every day and night and not seeing any change except in the muscles on my finger, you would think i would have thrown it out... But hell no!!

After reading the ingredient list and seeing that this product contained loads of silicons and a few herbal extracts (some of which resembled the names of tea) i decided to use this on my lips instead as an over priced lip balm *laughs* it actually made my lips really soft (its weird though because it didnt have that same affect on my eye area) if you want to spend $30.00AUD on a lip balm... you should try it!! *laughs again*

With Avon it's really just a whole lot of trial and error some of the products are fantastic like the soon to be discontinued micro-exfoliant (stock up girls) and some of them are rubbish like this product!!

If you absolutely must try this product at least buy it on eBay, where you can get it for $8.00AUD... wish i had have known that at the time :-(

This stuff is nothing special. Once again I was sucked in by all of the rave reviews on the Avon website. I'm starting to believe that many of them are written by their sales reps because not one of their products has ever lived up to their claims for me. I have fine lines in my under-eye area, and the very beginnings of that crepey look on my upper lid. After 3 months of using this product I have noticed no improvement at all.

That said, this is nice for moisturizing the eye area. It doesn't leave my lids all greasy yet even in harsh winter weather my lids don't get dry or scaly as they have in the past. The smell isn't great, but it doesn't seem to linger for very long. The best thing I can say about it is that it does moisturize my eye area well without stinging if I accidentally get some into my eyes, although I can definitely tell if I do get some in my eyes as they feel slightly irritated for a few minutes, other "eye" products have caused my eyes to burn so badly that I could not open them for several minutes and had tears streaming down my face. So far it's the only product that I've found that if I goof up and get it into my eyes doesn't cause any major problems. That is the only reason I will continue to purchase this product as long as I can get a big enough discount on it. The one other bonus is that it does last for quite a long time.

on 11/8/2009 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is sooo bad for your eyes.Please do not buy this product!This stuff made my eyes even more darker and made my lines more visible.I will never buy this crap again im glad I didnt pay full price.

on 11/1/2009 1:45:00 PM

Used daily for one month. No discernable change. Leaves eye area greasy even after all night, so my mascara smears.

on 9/25/2009 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely no one does my skin like Avon, and now that I've tried most of their Anew line, I will remain faithful for the rest of my life. I am only 28 but spend a lot of time in the sun (don't worry, I take care of my skin, including SPF, sunglasses and hats), but my skin still shows the effects of it sometimes, and that can include just major dryness. I was using Principal Secret Reclaim and didn't even realize that I hated it or that it had temporarily ruined my skin until I switched BACK to Avon (a good reason why I ever strayed is non existent). So I went on a shopping spree and bought a whole slew of products to use at the time and in the future, and I did indeed pretty much buy myself a years worth of skincare. I was using the Rejuvenate line this summer, which turned my skin around on it's own. But we've been experiencing some cooler fall air and my skin was telling me it needed something a bit more. So I switched to the Ultimate Elixir, Ultimate Day, Ultimate Contouring Eye System and Ultimate Night, and on first application my skin was immediately relieved and looked more glowy. This eye cream feels so medicinal when I'm applying it to my skin. It's velvety and luxurious and I have no doubt that it will make my skin even more lovely than the Rejuvenate line. I also plan on trying the Ultimate Gold Emulsion and the Ultimate Premium Elixir when the weather gets even colder. I am hiding those in my aresenal for now though! Then once spring comes I plan on using the Alternative line, and then once again back to Rejuvenate for summertime! UPDATE: I recently ran out of this, and wow, I could really tell the difference. The area around my eyes looked scaly, dry and aged. So, I bought two more jars so that I don't run out again!

on 8/31/2009 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Started using it during winter due to feeling extra dry around the eyes, and I think it does a really good job at moisturising the area. I have experienced no burning or irritation from this, and find the smell pretty neutral. I have no lines yet so I can't comment on that - and while my dark circles are severe, they are also hereditary and I know they aren't going to go away with a mere topical cream. The "serum" part is more like an oily balm, and the whole concept is rather gimmicky and most probably adds an unnecessary step to my night routine. Overall, a nice enough eye cream, not nice enough to repurchase but nice enough to use up fully.

on 8/26/2009 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Useless product - doesn't moisturize let alone refine fine lines.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first Avon product that I truly did not like. There are products that I may not love, but I could still use them...but this one..

I usually use Anew Eye Lift for my eye area...but when this one came out, it was supposed to be more intense and work better than the Eye Lift. Although it does work well, I'm not saying it doesn't do what it says, there's one thing that makes it hard for me to use.

There are two sections for this product. The serum and the cream parts. I love the serum part...however the first thing I noticed about the cream is the smell...it stunk...immediately what came to mind was EasyCheese...that cheese in a can you spray onto crackers....the cream smelled like the nacho cheese flavored EasyCheese...yuck..at first I thought..did I just get like punk'd or something?? But the product was in the box and sealed when I got it...

Anyways, it's really hard for me to reach for that at night...After washing my face and everything..putting cheesy stinking stuff on my face is the last thing I want to do..I'm sure you can agree...I'm never buying this stuff every again. Once I use it up, I'm going back to my Anew Eye Lift.