October 21, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lip Gloss - Sally Hansen - Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Camindy Natural Shine Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Br0wnEyes

I have this lipgloss in Sparkling Champagne. I love the color it gives off - a natural, nude shade. It has very tiny micro shimmer, but it doesn't show up on the lips and doesn't feel gritty. This gloss is perfect for everyday wear and on it's own.

The only reason I wouldn't buy this gloss again is because I can't find it anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mayascara

These are probably one of the best lip glosses I tried.
I got it in Sweet Pink, which comes out as a sheer slightly shimmery pink.
The formula is perfect, glossy but not drying (unlike the VS Beauty Rush glosses, which are extremely glossy but very sticky and drying), not sticky, and smells like the Lip Lacquer lip glosses. I would definitely recommend it to anyone, except maybe for those who like a subtle shine, b/c this is very shiny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Just picked this up at CVS for 75% off. I just love it. Very shiny and pigmented. I got the color Sugar Plum. I like the scent, sweet honey smell. Overall, I'd purchase again, since it was only $1.99. Update....9/29/10.... I went back to CVS to see if any other colors were discounted. Well I picked up 6 more, and they are just GREAT!!! I think this is my HG lipgloss. I love these better than my MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Annagraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipgloss delivers on the shine. Those of you who love super-shiny, you'll like this. If you prefer a subtle shine, this is not for you.

Pros:
-Nice color. Color in the tube looks the same on your lips.
-Smells good. Sweet smell, like starburst candy.

Cons:
-Sticky.
-The overall effect is a little too showy for school or the weekends.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

These may be discountinued. They have been clearanced by two drugstore chains near me already this yr (CVS and Duane Reade).

In general, Sally Hansen makes great glosses and these are no exception. They are sheer and gel-like with a brush wand. Like a lot of SH glosses, they are also prone to separating in the tube. They have a strong scent that is hard to describe. It's strong and is like the type that you get with "no fragrance" products. It has that smell that it will go rancid real quick like a Nars gloss.

I got 3 colors for $3 and will be okay throwing these out when I cant stand the smell anymore. SWEET NECTAR is a sheer peach with subtle shimmer. Very nice but I can get the same look with Revlon's LIFE'S A PEACH which has the same retail price. MYSTICAL MAUVE is a brownish pink that looks nude on my lips. MOONLIT MAUVE is a sheer mauve. All are very wearable with my NC35 complexion. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just picked up two colors of this lip gloss at CVS (Mystical Mauve and Moonlit Mauve) the first is a nice lighter pink with a light shimmer and the second is a darker pink, less shimmer. I liked darker one a lot and feel like it give you more for your bang than other lip glosses bc it actually puts color on your lips that lasts even after the gloss wears off Ive been trying lip stain to accomplish this, but maybe I can take them back now! Best of all these must be getting taken off the shelf at CVS bc they were all 75% off, I think they were only 2 bucks each! Definitely recommend for that price, the consistency is up there with MACs lip gloss and there is a nice brush instead of the standard applicator sponge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG lip gloss...sheer color and perfect shine....not too long lasting, but moisturizing and smells wonderful! Also, good to know that it's paraben-free!

would def repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by mjclark67

Hello;

I am new to makeup alley and I love the reviews. I am 41 and I too love Carmindy and TLC's What Not To Wear.

I have tried contacting Sally Hansen and Carmindy through the website to find the cosmetic line but have never received a response. I finally broke down and phoned the company and was told (by a rather cold rep.) that the stores listed i.e. CVS, Rite Aid, do not carry the product line in all the retail stores. If I want my local store to carry Carmindy's line I will have to request it.

In addition, Sally Hansen has tried to do cosmetics before and was not successful. I think Carmindy may have "lent" her name to the brand but may not have had any real input as to the fragrance, packaging, or quality.

After reading some of the reviews I am hesitant to buy any of them. However, I strongly recommend taking a look at Carmindy's book "The 5 minute Face". I have purchased some of the products in the book like Jane powder blush in Blushing Earth Shear. In her book she lists the brand names and $$'s to indicate moderate or expensive lines.

I still love her philosophy on cosmentics and focusing on what we have and not hiding under a mask of make-up.

Also, Nick Arrojo, hair stylist on WNTW, has come out with a book and it's wonderful. I have a lot of thin hair and there are several styles that would be suitable. If you have $500 dollars to toss out the window make an appointment at his salon in NY.

Keep up the great reviews you have helped me greatly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by milliefern

Of all the SH Natural Beauty products I've tried so far, this ties with the Eye Shadows for my favorite product. I absolutely love this lip gloss and plan to purchase more colors than the one I have. Currently I have the nectar which is a pale nude peachy shade. I will use it alone with a smokey eye look or layered for a bit of shine on top of another lip color.
The texture is smooth, moisturizing and non sticky. I find some lip glosses seem to zap moisture from my lips, leaving them drier than nothing at all, but this one is moisturizing.
The brush took some getting used to, but now I like the brush tip much more than a sponge tip.
The scent is light and not overpowering.
I have nothing negative to say about this gloss!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 9:43:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great lip gloss. Good pigmentation and stays on well for a gloss. I have Spicy Sienna and it is a wonderful bronzy plum. I would like to see a few more colors in the line that are not so pastel but overall the color is shiny without too much frost.