April 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Powder - Artistry - Powder Make-up SPF 10

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

My skin background : sensitive, oily, have lots of acne,cystic pimples, pustules and comedones on my face :(

Pros:
- coverage medium buildable but not cakey at all (mind you I have flakies from acne cream)
- does not break me out, My skin is teribbly acne prone, every compact powder/foundation I tried break me out. But this one doesnt.
- great natural finish, I have discoloration and many2 acne marks/scars and this foundie covers them perfectly but doesnt give that 'fake powdery look'. Just blends into skin perfectly looking natural

Cons :
- It make my face more oily than usual
- completely dissapear within less than an hour and leave me looking tired and dishevelled. what's up with that??

Overall, will not buy again for the 2 cons above. What' s the point of using powder foundie if it dissapears within an hour anyway...but still putting 3 lippies because of the pros listed above...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by makeupbylaura1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say that I am totally in love with this powder and it is my current HG Powder Foundation. I used to be a hardcore Mac Junkie and I have now been using this Product for 4 years already and have not gone back to MAC for Powder or Foundation. It provides full coverage. It feels silky smooth, it has SPF 10. I highly reccomend this product to everyone. For reference I am an NC35-37 in MAC and use the color Soleil on face and the color Vanilla to set my concealer. I do wish they had a better packaging as the pan does not stay on since it only has a sticky piece behind it to stick to the case, once that glue runs out, the pan starts comming off the case when you open it. It is the only thing I can ask for to be changed but it is not a big deal to me as the product itself is great for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 6:38:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Funny that nobody has written anything about this amazing foundation yet.

I ordered it out of the blue because I was told all Artistry products are amazing and comparatively low priced. Since I have only had wonderful experiences with the face & body care products I now bought this make-up in shade "porcelain" and kept my fingers crossed that it is light enough for me.

Prior I used Clinique Clarifying Cream in shade 01 and Bobbi Brown's Oilfree Foundation in shade "porcelain" and these two were the only ones light enough for my milky white skin.

So yesterday I received my package and voilą: it fits my skin tone perfectly!! I was relieved. So this morning I applied it and what can I say: I'm totally in love with this product. It covers perfectly, but is still fine enough so that you can build it up slowly. It's definitely a product for both "good skin days" and "bad skin days" (given you have a good concealer, of course). The skin feels silky and smooth, my pores become almost invisible and all in all my skin looks perfectly flawless.

However, what I like most about this make-up is the glow it's adding to my complexion. People with as white skin as I have, often look "deathly pale", as if they're sick. So having a skin with a lovely sheen and glow to it, can do wonders for still looking pale but not sick. My skin radiates, looks amazing and perfectly even. Just like a porcelain doll :)

Now for the downsides: You have to buy a separate make-up box the first time around, because the make-up itself is only available as a refill. It does not come with a sponge. Not even the package it gets delivered in, is suitable for storing. The box is golden unfortunately, a colour I'm not exactly fond of. It's made of rather light plastic and doesn't have that "expensive/heavy" feeling to it, if you know what I mean. But it's okay. The refill is easy to set in and holds thanks to a magnet, quite similar to the blush/eyeshadow box Artistry also has. The make-up box contains a sponge which seems slightly "fluffy". But it's very good for applying this make-up, it worked wonderfully.

What might be another downside: The available range of shades is rather small. I guess you have to try and be lucky to find your perfect shade.

But yeah, I was lucky so I'll definitely, definitely buy again! :)

Edit: Will NOT ever buy again. I wonder if I fell on my head when liking and reviewing this product. Either way, I have to add: the foundation only remains matte for about one, maybe two hours and then it makes one shine like an oil tree. Never has a foundation given me such an unwanted oily look. It won't even work with masses of finishing powder on top. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but this went into my closet and I will probably try to get rid of it elsewhere. Boo! :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No