October 1, 2014 | 1795 users online

Eye Shadow - Avon - True Color Eyeshadow Single Citrine

rated 3.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this shade as a purse back up to my Stila Perfectly Gold Palette gold and the shade is nearly an exact match, save for one little difference. I like this one better! This gold is just a tad gentler and less aggressive, which on my pale NC 15/20 skin is much appreciated. I never dreamed I could carry off gold at all until I tried it one day and could not get over the light it gave my face!

Citrine is best used wet as these are not heavily pigmented eye shadows, but with a little water on your brush and the colour springs to life! Or, primer also helps significantly. It is pretty much a true colour and when applied wet with a proper make-up brush it glides on and makes a wonderful lid or crease shade. It's a yellow based gold with lots of light, not dark or brownish. It very much resembles a citrine stone in shade.

It takes awhile to figure out the look, but it's worth it for the fun of wearing gold. I pair it with brown shadows: Mac Shroom on the browbone, Lise Watier Chocolat on the outer V and Mac Romp on the crease, followed with reddish-coffee gloss and peachy blush is a fav look. I've also overlaid it with Mac Ricepaper to tone it down and get a white gold effect, with Sumptuous Olive in the crease.

The packaging is a small, basic black case with a sponge brush; no frills. It tends to fall apart and is oval shaped so cannot be depotted to fit into a Mac case unfortunately. However, when they fall apart they easily pop back into place.

Edit March 29/09: This one I gave away as I found that as I grew paler it just did not work for my skin, and I honestly didn't like dealing with the substandard texture and packaging. You get what you pay for.