November 26, 2014 | 1426 users online

Eye Shadow - Avon - True Color Eyeshadow Single Minty

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looks like a bright minty green color in the catalog but its definitely a burnished gold with a tinch of green in person. It has minimal color and doesnt show up really well until you build it up. It lasted a while on the lid but I just dont like avon eyeshadows due to their quality, I just find it cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by queenofthesalsa

I bought this because I wanted to try a light green shadow for the first time and because of the other reviews here - and I'm glad I did! It has a slight gold gleam to it, which looks better on my olive skin than flat pastel green would have. It also has a little shimmer, making it sort of whimsical and fun. It's a little sheer on me, that would be me only complaint - but for 2.99, I'm not complaining.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by riffrandal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful shade. Super fresh green that is surprisingly natural looking. Just a touch of shimmer. It works great on my fair skin and hazel eyes. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I found myself one day in very unfamiliar territory -- at an Avon makeover party hosted by my new and lovely Avon representative. Across from me a lovely woman was putting this multi-dimensional green eye shadow on her lids and I just had to have it. It was warm, airy, fairy, charming, but not alarming, soft but not gentle, impacting but not aggressive. It is in short - beautiful.

Minty is not a true colour first of all. It looks mint green at first glance, but on skin it appears warmer. I find that Avon, and in fact most eye shadows, apply best wet. This is a rather sheer formulation and when applied dry it is more of warm shade, and when wet, it is more of a true colour. It has a slight, tasteful shimmer, not enough to highlight lines and wrinkles.
I have several greens in my collection, three of them Macs, and this is the one I ended up giving away because I never used it. The colour is nice, the price was right, but the texture and the packaging were too difficult.

However, when I did wear it, combined it with dark brown in the outer corner it gives the eye an ethereal appearance, quite glowy and feminine for a green. As a warm, golden green it really did not suit purples and mauves, though it did look pretty with Mac's Satin Taupe in the crease.

The packaging is no frills and there is no mirror in the compact for those of you who care. Personally I don't and have never found teeny mirrors in eye shadow compacts the least bit use-ful, or use-d. These compacts are slim and easy to travel with, include a sponge tip applicator, tend to fall apart, but easily pop back into place.

I would not repurchase this item. It just didn't have the texture I wanted which is too bad as the shade is gorgeous. If you like a sheerer shadow, go for this!