September 19, 2014 | 1139 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Colorstay Mineral Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Kittalan

I had this in midnight garnet. I loved it so much I pretty much used the entire thing up. The reds in it really brought out my eyes and it stayed all day without creasing, even after a long shift at work. I think they've discontinued them now as I cannot find any at the stores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

I like this. I have smoky quartz and I bought it so I'd have something easy and simple to do when I went away for a night/weekend or for work that didn't require too much packing/prep. I like these colors and once I got the swing of how to do it, it became one of my most used shadows. Especially because it's all in one. If I'm going out somewhere special or crazy I'll go all out with tons of products, but for any overnight deal, I grab this. The colors are similar to L'Oreal Bare Naturale shadow but less shimmery and wayyy easier to put on. (Time wise) The case is really cute and I like that it was clear on top, but the round shadow did come out of the dish, but hasn't broken apart, so that's pretty sweet. There's also so many quads and trios that it's hard to know what will please but this I was happy with. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by deehippolyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

My only regret is i took this long to purhcase! I haev the smoky quartz adn the colours are amazing! I use for night time adn its gives a qreat shimmer without the glitter! Would definitely repurchase. A winner for smokey eyes with no effort.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Besides of branded make up, I also love mineral make up moreover for eye-using purpose. This revlon mineral color stay eye shadow is really GREAT!!!! You will get more than what you paid. Why? It's not pricey(even though it's more expensive than the non-mineral revlon eye shadow versions).
At first, i was skeptical with this product,cause only has three colors and shimmery(i don't mind with shimmery make up product, but i was compelled to buy this one cause it's MINERAL).BUT, when you colored your eyes with this product, you might swear you'll love it.
I think i was false with what i'd worried about.cause three colors is Okay for coloring eyes(light as base and upper, medium as center line of eyelid and dark for outer side/edge your eyes). I bought the Smoky Quartz color and it's truly great to put it on. The shimmery look is okay. About the Smoky Quartz color, it can give you two different looks, whether dramatic or natural look. You can make it as dramatic as Zhang Ziyi Look when she poses for her famous Omega pin up look or maybe smokey eyes look or natural look for daily use. I have fair-medium skin, so this color gives me a very good sheer color if i want to make it as natural look, the shimmer color isn't very intense because covered by the natural colors(dusty pink,beige-slightly pale brown,deep brown).This eyeshadow has a good quality either and made in Italy.
The only one which makes me dissapointed is only because of the packaging. NOT really good,very simple and the glass cover makes this eyeshadow looks dirt cheap,while it's NOT.and it doesn't come with the eyeshadow tip nor brush.

I want to revise my review :
After more a year using, I find this product now becomes not as good as when I wore it before.The colors appear nothing at all.but I might say, this product is good. not pricey and has three fabulous yet natural colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have one in 'Sunlit Jade' which contains a moss green (shimmer), light gold (shimmer) and an off white (satin). In terms of pigmentation, they are alright. Not the most pigmented shadows that I've used but not too bad either. They are best applied wet to intensify their colours. They have a soft silky texture and are not chalky. Show up best with primer because on bare skin they are quite dull. Good if you like sheer colours. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this the trio Midnight Garnet for 50% off at CVS almost a year ago. I've hit pan awhile back. There's not much to say. Although I try to use other shadows for everyday use, I always end up going back to this one. Color payoff may not be so intense, but I can still manage to wear this for a night time and look amazing. The shades are so easy to use to and hard to mess up. It comes off quite shimmery as well. If you're fairly new to makeup, I would highly suggest this trio. Before I wrote this, I wasn't planning on buying a back up, but I might just do that in case they get discontinued.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by tarzina789

I got this on sale for about $4, and even for that price, I'm really disappointed in this trio. I have it in Smoky Quartz and it completely fails to perform color-wise. I get very minimal color payoff with this. I heard that using them wet helps, so I'll have to try this, but I expect my eyeshadows to be good without going through the trouble of wetting them. After all, who has that kind of time when you're rushed in the morning? I thought the neutral look would be nice, but the powders are REALLY chalky! And I'm not usually picky about chalkiness, but these are quite difficult to work with when dry.

I'm glad I didn't pick this up for the regular price, which I think is outrageous for a drugstore product (about $15). Definitely not worth it in that case.

In terms of packaging, I just don't think much thought was put into it because the colors are all baked together without separators. This makes it difficult to get a single color and I can imagine that it only gets worse when the product starts to run out. Swirling the colors together makes a muddy brown, so that's not really an option for me. I also found that my particular compact was hard to open.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again, even if it was on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by fashionmaven93

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this shadow 75% off at CVS. It doesn't have intense pigmentation, but that's fine for me because I wasn't looking for an intense shadow. I wasn't pleased with the fact that the shadows are part of the same dome, since they mix together very easily. However, the colors are nice and shimmery and last throughout the day. So, this is a nice, natural-looking shadow, but if you're looking for intense color, I would pass this one by.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by peachconcealer

I bought this in Midnight Garnet. I like the colour. I have oily eyelid. I applied cream shadow as base & it still creased a little. It lasted me all day when putting both primer & cream shadow on. The colour don't show much on my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by kristabunni

I enjoy using this for everyday wear, mostly because I'm lazy - if I can get three colours by opening one case, that's fine for me. I actually like that the colours are quite sheer, since I want subtle colour for work. I just apply this with my fingertips to brighten up my eyes and browbone. The darker colour of the trio does take 2-3 layers of fingertip application, since it isn't very pigmented, but that also means it's pretty fool-proof for a quick morning swipe. I didn't expect much when I bought this, as I generally don't use drugstore makeup, but was pleasantly surprised.