Hermes 24 Faubourg

3.8

on 5/26/2015 10:15:00 AM

Maurice Roucel at his poetic best. A voluptuous symphony of jasmine, orange blossom and woods. This is not a shy beauty but it is not at all vulgar. You need self assurance to wear this and a sophistication which does not depend on age but on intelligence. Absolutely lovely and classy just like Princess Diana who apparently loved it.

on 10/27/2014 4:01:00 AM

dreadful putrid headache inducing nausea in a beautiful bottle. I guess I just do not have a so called sophisticated nose for fragrance because how anyone could even claim to care for this is beyond reproach. It smells like pure chemical.

on 3/5/2014 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I've been trying very many interesting and delightful fragrances lately. I'm so very grateful I received 24 Faubourg in a tester form before buying, especially as I was seduced by its many positive and glowing reiews. I smell no flowers in my Hermes packaged tester. Instead, I get simply oakmoss, sandlewood, and cinammon, imbued in a deep chemically base.

It is simply dreadful and after an hour of wear, I am ready to wash it off. I think that women are seduced into buying this fragrance because it's so expensive.

Where are those delicious florals? Where is the mystery? I had such high hopes for this based on the reviews, but this one is an awful stinker.

on 9/30/2013 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

24 Faubourg is a very sophisticated white floral, and pleased to report not too ''old school'' like Fracas for example. Pretty buttery gardenia, jasmine, orange blossom, with a citrusy touch and soft woody base. Longlasting, voluptuous but not suffocating and very ''old money'' classy, creates an aura of superiority and good taste but doesn't feel arrogant.

Think of a certain type of woman. Over 30, lives in Palm Beach or Beverly Hills, rich by marriage, groomed and spa'd and manicured within an inch of her life, designer clothes, stiletto heels, expensive obvious jewelry. Tottering unsteadily on the precipice between luxurious sophistication and vulgarity. That's what you get with 24. It's a heady floral, lasts forever, has tons of sillage and attracts attention. It's a Perfume capital P and not a scent or fragrance. This review is for the EDP which I like. The EDP is richer, softer and more floral. Ysatis is similar. I detest the EDT formulation which is harsher and rough and probably the basis for the Tabu comparisons. The EDT put me off on this until I finally tried the EDP. Now I'm dying to test the parfum version to see if it's even better.

on 1/26/2013 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite Hermes fragrance. It has the perfect hint of a floral, so it's good for summer and the amber makes it great for fall. It really is a versatile scent. I always get compliments when I wear this, especially since it's a lesser known fragrance. It's definitely a sensual fragrance and is the epitome of romance.

on 1/4/2013 6:09:00 AM

Despite its richness, there is an austerity about 24 Faubourg that I appreciate very much. To me it is a dark orange blossom fragrance on a bed of amber; it exudes warmth without too much sweetness. It's hard for me to pick out the other notes. Often I detect a certain roughness iin the early to middle stages (patchouli, I guess) which reminds me of linen or raw silk. There is strength and structure here. Imagine a woman with fabulous bone structure in her face. She looks beautiful at any age and is as impressive in well cut jeans and a linen shirt as she is in a brocade evening gown. Strength and intelligence are what I notice about her more than wealth and glamour.

on 10/27/2012 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My mom had this fragrance lying around in her closet, the bottle, which is a bit awkward for my slender hand to hold, nearly full. Turned out that my dad did not like it on her. Curious, I spritzed it in my cleavage to experience the aroma of … strong, heady jasmine that follows you everywhere and haunts your dreams. I am perfectly serious; visions of jasmine-scented dogs playing in the halls of an immense mansion greeted me come bedtime. Even though this was an EDT, the lasting power was phenomenal, easily twelve hours, if not more. During that interval, I sometimes notice the patchouli, sometimes the vanilla, but the jasmine is hard to miss, which, in my case, is occasionally a bad thing. I think the jasmine note is too strong for me, since I felt a bit nauseated a few hours after application. Nevertheless, this is a strong, assertive fragrance, on par with No. 5, and I am happy to wear it. You just “reek” class and money with this sort of smell (whether you possess them or not), making it a good formal dinner or evening perfume. Notes: orange, peach, hiacynth, ylang-ylang, bergamot, black elder, iris, orange blossom, gardenia, jasmine, sandalwood, amber, patchouli, vanilla.
EDIT: Just for fun, I sprayed a little of Dream Angels Forever with Faubourg and ended up with an intriguing and alluring jasmine-vanilla blend that was powdery enough and sweet enough to make everything perfect in my then olfactory world.

on 10/17/2012 3:46:00 PM

I think you either love or hate this perfume, because it's strong. It's not an everyday scent, and you'd have to wear it with some confidence. It smells mature but not at all like something your grandmother would wear. It does smell like "perfume" and not something you'd find in nature, i.e., no one will think it might be your shampoo or your body lotion or just your lovely natural scent. My boyfriend usually says "you smell good" when I'm wearing something - this time, he said "I like your perfume."

I would wear this as a cold weather fragrance in the evening. I like the spiciness and warmth of it, and the multidimensional notes. The spiciness settles down into a pleasant powdery finish. Be wary of wearing too much. It reminds me of the now-discontinued Gio by Armani.

on 6/5/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

After many years of viewing the remarks of other loyal members (and laughing hysterically at many) I decided to take the plunge and write my review for 24 Faubourg.

I made my purchase solely based on the reviews fully aware of the fact that perfume smells differently on everyone; individual body chemistry application; and age; all of which affects the review.

I agree with the majority of the posts in terms of scent: expensive smelling,divine, compliment inducing, womanly without smelling "old".

After wearing it a few days, I tried to recall what it reminded me of and finally I know. The fragrance reminds me of a dried down version of Givenchy's Ysatis. So for those of you who want to try the fragrance and need a comparison that is what the scent most closely resembles.

Popular Fragrances