December 22, 2014 | 1163 users online

Styling Products - Dove - Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by kwiley

This smells great & I love the packaging. Just doesn't keep any of my frizz at bay :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by assmith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My favorite hair item of the moment--I can run my fingers through my hair again!! I had used this last year, and can't remember why I stopped. Probably to try something "better", "new", "improved", which can all be interchanged with "not worth it" most of the time. Hair is thick, and very dry (especially) ends since having baby #2, but a big glop of this helps and doesn't make my hair look greasy after a few hours. Much easier to brush, blow-dry, feels softer, and you can't beat the price. Buy 2!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by gembug100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a frizz cream and came across this, so I took a chance and bought it. I'm so glad I did, I have very long hair (tailbone). This leaves my hair soft with no frizz and smells very nice. I only use 2 pumps and apply from my neck down. So I went out and bought 2 more bottles today, because with my luck they will stop making it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by mascara_junkie

The information for this product is misleading: it is nothing more than a leave in conditioner, which I use whenever I am too lazy to use conditioner in-shower. I have very thick hair, so quite bit of product is needed to work through my hair, but all it does is make my hair softer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I gave this a low rating, because I expected more from this product. Right on the bottle, it says "for rebellious, unmanageable hair", which mine definitely is. It is thick, wire-ey, and frizzes just by looking at it. However, this stuff doesn't do anything to tame my frizzies or make it more manageable - it's probaby equivalent to just using a regular leave-in conditioner. Even if I pile this on, it just doesn't do anything. Bottom line, it just doesn't work for me. I'd recommend it only if you don't have really problem hair like mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by klryn1

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have semi long, thick, slightly wavy strawberry blonde hair. It dries frizzy, but can get greasy w/in a few hours. I have used a ton of high end products, but this seems to work best. At first I didnít like this product, but after reading a few reviews on different creams I decided use it after blow-drying as a finishing product. I was my hair every few days usually before bed and tie it back so it is damp the next morning. When it is half dry I use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum and blow dry w/a large round brush. Once completely dry I finish w/this cream by warming it in my hands and working through my hair focusing on my ends. It is unbelievable, and I love my hair again. It still looks good the next day. The only problem is many of my local stores donít carry it, so when I find it I stock up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2008 7:06:00 AM More reviews by CopLove

This has surprised me. I usually believe in the high end hair products that are sold exclusively at salons, but after trying a dab of this drugstore brand anti-frizz cream...I've changed my mind. I was in Hawaii and my hair was awfully frizzy and dry. I brought this product and in an instance, my hair is smooth and soft and tamed. It looks and feels so nice! Even at home in L.A. weather, my hair looks dry and I often have to flat iron to achieve that sleek, smooth look. But with Dove's Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream, all I need is just that and let my hair dry and go. And my hair looks more volumed (not frizzy) since I let it hair dry. But without this product, my hair wouldn't have allowed that. So for inexpensive hair care products that actually work, I trust this cream. I love the bottle it comes in, the scent is so clean, and how manageable my hair is after.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I saw a few reviews for this, youtube and a beauty magazine. What made me want to try it was that it helps to tame the baby hairs at the crown. Right now the weather here is more humid then normal and my hair does not know what to do! I am use to dry heat. So I will try anything right now.
I was able to get this for 3.76 and I am shocked at all well it works! I use to believe that salon only was best. But drugstore products are getting better and better.
I use a very small amount and warm it in my hands. I then smooth down the baby hairs and any other flyaways I may have. It is lightweight, never feels greasy and makes my hair feel so soft! No coating feeling either. What a steal!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by PinkMargarita

I have medium, long hair that naturally has a bit of wave in it but I wear it straight, This product worked well on my hair to smooth flyaways and add shine, although I am not sure how it would work on naturally very curly hair. You can puts tons in without weighing hair down, plus it smells amazing. Will repurchase