July 28, 2014 | 1672 users online

Powder - Coastal Scents - Silk Cover Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by nicki5687

ok so the summer is upon me and i decided i was going to switch from my lovely revlon colorstay foundation to minerals due to warm weather. I highly trust coastal scents i mean i should i order products every freakin week from their site lol....sidetracked.....anywho, i said why not try the full size mineral foundation instead of the samples so i got mine in fair which i thought would be way to pale but when it showed up in the mail it was a dead on match!! Needless to say i was super excited to use it. i put it on this morning and i absolutely loved the coverage and the feel of it. I deducted a lippy for the simple fact of it transferring to anything my face my comes close to. I ordered the palladio rice powder to use as my mineral veil which feels amazing as well but it didnt help, i also used the nyx dewy finish settting spray and thats how i noticed the transferring. The product is great and i love it im not going to give up on it just yet im going to find a simple solution!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by LovelyZetty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product when purchasing my 88 Palette. I got the sample size ($2.00) in honey light 1.2 and the color was an exact match! I was surprised at how much I liked this foundation. It was very natural looking and gave great coverage(medium). It lasted about 8 hours with a primer and I did not have to touch up once. I will be purchasing this in the full-size .

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by christineeliz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product a lot.
As quite an inexperienced makeup user, I thought a powder foundation would be better for my oily skin, as opposed to liquid foundation which I have been using for years.
I do like it, but as other people said, it easily wears off at any contact, but maybe that's just me and my oily skin.

Overall I did like it. I actually think the only problem was my oily skin, but personal problems aside, this product is very good.
It goes on evenly, and personally it matched my skintone.
Perfect and clean base for the rest of the skin makeup: highlighting, blush and conturing.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2009 4:29:00 AM More reviews by MissPeony

I liked the color match and the texture of this mineral foundation but I have very oily skin and the product wore off rather quickly. Everyday Minerals and Silk Naturals' mineral makeup have better longevity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is hands down, the BEST foundation I have ever had the pleasure to try. I bought the customized set for $29.95 (which is a FANTASTIC deal as it includes a full-sized jar of all the following: 1 foundation, 1 concealer, 1 mineral veil, 1 blush and 2 eyeshadows) and chose the foundation in Medium 1.2. PERFECT color match! I love the smooth application and the fact that if applied correctly, makes your skin look flawless, natural and soft. I got so many compliments on my complexion the very first time I used it and since then, I knew it was love. Just make sure to wash, moisturize and prime your face before application. I find that a flat buffer brush works best to apply this powder, as opposed to a kabuki. I absolutely LOVE Coastal Scents, and for a relatively "small company" their products are far superior to the bigger names such as Bare Minerals. My favorite thing about this foundation is that it really is comprised of nothing but TRUE minerals; no parabens, bismuth oxychloride and other fillers and nasty things that other mineral companies throw in. Another reviewer complained that Silk Cover has "no staying power." I always use this over a primer and under Mineral Veil, and it has excellent staying power. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by greeneyedannie

Coastal Scents' Silk Cover is the only MMU that works for me and I have primarily dry skin with a shiny nose as well as rosacea and the odd pimple. I have tried practically every brand on the market (bar the major manufacturers such as l'Oreal, Maybelline etc which all seem to contain parabens, bisumuth and other things I would prefer to avoid on my skin) . Coastal Scents has outshone (no pun intended) the other companies I've tried such as Jane Iredale, BE, EM, Aromaleigh, Lily Lolo and Lauress. My pores look quite prominent after I've applied it with my lovely cashmere Lauress brush but a quick swish of Coastal Scents' Diva Defense powder solves that problem. I have to blend to get the correct colour match but it's worth it. My biggest gripe is that it takes weeks for my order to be shipped from Florida to my home here in London but frankly, it's worth the wait. Fantastic range of inexpensive brushes in the range too.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by luvmejoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first mineral foundation I tried. I don't have serious skin problems, but I have times when I am full of brown spots left by the occasional acne and they take a long time to heal.
I have always searched for a medium to heavy coverage foundation and I expected that from this. But this is very sheer. All it does is even out my skintone a little bit and even that takes some layering and time. I was hoping powder foundation would make putting it on a lot faster and easier. This foundation covers no blemishes. Also, if you put too many layers (more than 2) your face will look powdery and it only melts in your face after about half an hour.
I think one of it's biggest issues is how the shades work for you. I got Light, Light 1.2 and Medium in samples. Light was ok, though it could have been a little darker. After I finished it I moved on to Light 1.2. OMG!!!!! That thing made me look like I was sick! It was extremely yellow, it did not suit me at all. More than half of it ended up in the bin. Then I fearfully tried the Medium shade and it was a pretty good fit. I dunno, I just didn't like that experience at all.
Also, I am not a fan of the dry, silky finish this foundation gives me. I like it when I touch my face and can actually feel my skin, and not some velvety screen of powder. This also has zero staying power, it rubs off with ease.
I will definitely not purchase a full size!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by kdbug03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought a sample of this in Light 1.2, I wear a NC30 in MAC and this is perfect. I've been branching away from the liquid foundations esp. during the summer because it just melts off and breaks me out in all this humidity. I have oily, acne prone skin and this stuff is awesome. Does have a silky feel, it's covers great for me (I also use concealer underneath) gives a beautiful, no make up look sort of finish. Not a shiny/sparkly one like BM which I hated. Just a soft, natural look. I've tried a few other mineral makeup's and they were so so, coverage wasn't that great and such, but this is now my everyday makeup! Doesn't dry my skin out at all like some of the other's have said it did for them, but I have oily skin anyway, so I wish it did! You can get a sample for I think $1.00, maybe $2.00 and it will last you for weeks! For that price you might as well give it a try

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I tried a bunch of different brands of mmu and this was one of the silkiest formulations that I found. But I purchased it around the time I decided that mineral makeup in general was too drying for my skin so it gets no use.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by tishtish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I got the sample kit and two colours were 'ok' for me. I used the sample for about a month. The colour stayed true and looked good. When I used the rice powder base it became very cakey and drying. The foundation was very drying, did not give a flawless finish and had little staying powder even when used with a base. Will not repurchase.

I've since been using Everyday Minerals which has a wider range of colours, is much better quality and cheaper too.