I think I'm finally home. The soft, sensative nature of my skin is only inhanced by this wonderful product. The light spf is a bonus, of course....but when woke up the next morning from using this...I felt and looked younger!!! I had that "glow"...not from being greasy...just a youthful, smooth glow. Since Price is a concern for me....it is worth every cent!!! Use with the rest of their line...you.can't go wrong!!
I started using this cream at night a few weeks ago, and my skin has really responded well to it. I think you'd have to have seriously dry skin to use this during the day. I have pretty oily skin and don't really need moisturizer during the day, but I wanted something to put on at night to help keep wrinkles at bay and moisturize under my eyes. I wake up with super-soft skin. I love that this is unscented, too. I use it on my neck and decolletage as well.
I have very sensitive skin and acne, and this has been great so far.
I've tried a lot of more expensive creams (like Mario Badescu, which I like but can't afford anymore!) and this is just as good.
I have really dry, flakey skin in the fall/winder because of Retin-A so I thought I'd give this a try. This made me break-out all over my chin. I also made the mistake of believing that it might have been a fluke so I re-applied it the second week which made me break out again. Yeah, I didn't learn my lesson.
I did like the cream is non-scented. The cream isn't greasy. I've kept the jar and will be using it on my hands and neck.
Yes, it's heavy. Yes, it takes awhile to absorb. I don't expect my night creams to act like day creams! THIS IS NOT A DAY CREAM. I put the heavy stuff on my face at night, wash my face in the morning and use lighter stuff during the day. I WANT heavy, thick, almost greasy stuff for night, nobody's gonna see me! It works while you sleep!!
I love this stuff. Nothing makes my skin softer. It's unscented. It's inexpensive. It's non-irritating.
Best kept drugstore secret alert! My HG night cream is Estee Lauder hydrationist for dry skin, and it's a little pricey (not terrible, especially at CCO). I have been looking for a drugstore product that would work as well for me for years and I finally found it. This is a thick, yellowish cream. I don't smell much of anything. The jar is surprisingly heavy and solid which I like a lot. I've been using this 2-3 months now and it has been working just as well as my beloved hydrationist. At $10ish it's really nicely priced for a night cream. Keep in mind, what I look for in a night cream is a heavy cream that is highly moisturizing so my skin can recover overnight from all my acne mediation. I cannot vouch for the antiaging properties as I am 29 and have no wrinkles yet. I would like to think this may help prevent wrinkles. I'll touch back in 10-20 years I guess.
In case anyone is interested, other drugstore creams I have tried are several garnier ones (all too thin, watery and not moisturizing), L'oreal age perfect night cream (also a little thin, really didn't do much), and Olay night of olay cream (broke me out sooooooo bad, smells sooooooo bad).
This is probably the best product I have purchased in a long time. Since the weather is getting colder my skin is getting drier. I use this cream after cleansing my skin each evening with a facial wipe and wake up to a smoother and comfortable complexion. Since the price is right I will definitely purchase again.
I bought this cream because of all the raving reviews on Makeup Alley and on other websites. I was very excited to use this cream. After using it for 2 months, here are my thoughts about this cream.
Here are the reasons why I give 3 stars:
1) The ingredients in this cream is a lot better than most of the drug store creams that contains parabens, fragrances and irritating chemicals.
2) It is a very "affordable" drug store cream.
3) It hasn't caused any breakouts on my face yet.
4) The thick texture makes it a great neck cream.
5) I like the extremely faint shea butter smell.
Here are the reasons why I DON'T like it:
1) The reason why I don't think this is an unbelievably great face creme like other reviewers is because it's very thick and does not provide enough hydration for my face. I only use a small amount of this cream and it forms a thick layer on my skin and makes my skin look matte. If you use too much, you are going to have a thick greasy fatty alcohol layer (hydrogenated alcohols) sitting on your face.
2) I can't use this cream during the day because it forms clumps with my sunscreen and foundation. So I can only use this cream at night. My T-zone started to overproduce oils after a few hours. I think this is because this cream only forms a BARRIER on your skin to prevent moisture loss, but it does not contain ingredients that penetrate my skin to keep it moisturized. I use Tazorac for acne so my skin gets dry and peels, which results in excessive oil production. So using a BARRIER type of face cream does not adequately provide moisture on my face. My skin still peels during the day and T-zone produces too much oil because my skin is dry, despite that I have this thick cream sitting on top of my face.
3) The "JAR" packaging is very unsanitary! The packaging doesn't protect the antioxidants (e.g. Q10, biotin) in this jar.
Overall, I think if you normal, dry, combo skin that is not acne prone, this cream will work great for you. I have too many skin problems so my skin demands more than this cream can provide.
FYI: My skin type is sensitive acne prone with deep acne scars and very large pores that are easily clogged. My cheeks are red, sensitive, dry and peels a lot.
One of very few things I have repurchased multiple times. It works well with my combo, oily, aging, acne-prone skin. My derm recommended this to me years ago.
This is the perfect moisturizer! It is hydrating, not overly greasy, and gentle on my sensitive skin! I have been using this morning and night for about 4 months with zero breakouts. My only complaint is I wish it came in a pump bottle instead of a jar.
I have sensitive dry skin on my cheeks that flakes, and an oily t-zone. This cream moisturises my skin but does not get rid of the flakiness on my cheeks, and it can be a little heavy for my t-zone. I found that this cream works well as an eye cream, so now I am using it for that very purpose. It does not sting the eyes and is not too heavy for the eye area. I like this as a one stop solution, so I bring it to the gym with me instead of bottles of eye cream and face cream. For the price, this is a handy multi-tasking moisturiser but I will probably not repurchase because I have found products that work better for me.