December 20, 2014 | 1607 users online

Eye Shadow - Kanebo - Lunasol Sheer Contrast Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

This shadows are very special, because they are not like common shadows. They just feel diffirent, more gentle and a little more sheer and have a lot of tiny sparkles. Though it doesnt look too shiny, it looks pretty.
The package has an excellent quility also. It has applicators of diffirent shapes and a small brush.
The only con is the price... but you have to pay for the quaility...!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 5:58:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***Please click continued for pics****
I have a love-hate relationship with Lunasol eye palettes. Some are downright awful and some are really divine. I completely ignored their Spring 2008 palettes called Sheer Contrast Eyes as they looked too warm and unwearable for me. When I started to spot pics on here and on ebay (much better than the Lunasol swatches) of their Sheer Contrast Eyes palette in the purple/pink combination I started to feel interested in it. So after some time I finally decided to get it.
As soon as my package arrived (with over 2 weeks delay) I opened the compact and was wowed by how pretty the quad looked!
Like all of the newer Lunasol palettes the mirrored compact comes in a pretty chocolate-copper color with a simple but elegant design on the cover. There are 2 high-quality applicators included, too.
The texture of these shadows is quite soft and silky. All shades are very shimmery but without looking tacky at all. It's more of a high-pearl/almost metallic wet-looking shimmer. Only the highlighting shade on the bottom right is a bit more glittery but in a sophisticated and pretty not a disco-ball like way. I was really astonished to see that the 2 main colors have GREAT color pay-off. The 2 lighter colors are a bit sheerer but in a beautiful light way, there's no chalkiness at all.

Blending these shades is a dream and there's no fading or creasing for me. I don't have any problems with irritations or allergies when using this palette.
Sheer Contrast Eyes retail for 5250 Yen/each (around US$50) but since Lunasol is a high-end department store brand a higher pricetag is no surprise. Converted into (around 33) and considering that a Dior or Chanel palette retails for around 50+ here it's not that pricey in my opinion though especially considering the great quality. (Even when I order this online it doesn't cost me more than 39-40 shipped)

There are 5 color combinations available (and 2 Limited Editions coming out for summer 2008 soon)
The quad I got is:
02 Lavender Coral: A beautiful combination of light purple, darker purple, peach-tinged pink and light yellow (this is the slightly glittery shade)

EX-01 Blue Green Coral: This is one of the 2 LE colors for summer 2008. It's a stunning combination of bright aqua, light spring green, taupe and off-white (this is the glittery shade). I really love how versatile this quad is. You can do a very neutral eye with the taupe and white alone or you can go super bright when using the aqua and/or green. This quad looks similar to 02 Blue Coral btw.
I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15/MQ OC-00/Lunasol OC-01/SK II OP-1 with brown eyes.
This is what the English Lunasol website says:
A multihued four-color eye shadow set which looks as if it was taken from a scene in the ocean.
Sheer Highlight formula gives shimmering sparkles of water surface to the eyes as clear colors vivaciously brighten up the expressions.
03 Lavender Coral:

EX01 Blue Green Coral:

Here are the application recommendations from the Lunasol website:
1. Blend D (Sheer Highlight) over the entire eyelid with the finger.
2. Blend B (Medium Color) on the eyelid crease.
3. Apply A (Main Color) from the upper lash line towards the crease of the eye.
4. Apply C (Shade Color) along the upper lash line as you draw a line.
5. Apply D (Sheer Highlight) under the eye (2/3 from the inner corner of the eye) and C (Shade Color) under the eye (1/3 from the outer corner of the eye).

Please visit Lunasol's website here:
http://www.lunasol-net.com/ continued >>

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 8:09:00 AM More reviews by vink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in #01 Coral Coral. Actually, this is an unexpected buy. I went to the counter wanted to get the purple one. Instead, the BA recommended this one to me and said it should look better on me. I tried it on unknowingly it will be very good on me. Lately, I've been trying on lots of warmer-tone makeup which is now on the rage in Asia. Most of them look wrong on me, but not this one. So I bought it and found out it's good as everyday palette since it's like a nude brown e/s with a kick of pinky-corally, brownish-gold-ish e/s.

This one consists of pinky-coral, golden beige, pinkish brown, and whitish-pinkish-coral-ish e/s. All have silvery pinky with a bit of gold delicate glitter.

Edited:- I can't help but to go back to the counter and finally got my first love Lavender Coral. The palette is so pretty even just to look at. It comes with Lavender, purple, pink and yellow. All has a silver sheen. Only the purple one has glitter. It's very pretty. I just love it very much!

It comes in a traditional Lunasol compact with 2 double end applicators. One with normal-size and narrow size sponge tip, and another one with normal-size sponge with brush. Both of them are very good and gives out better color than the usual brush I use when apply the palette on, which is one surprising thing about all Lunasol palette.

Overall I like this one and still thinking about going back and get the purple one.

Add on: I just went back to get the purple one and this is like a dream. The colors are just the perfect purple. I really love mine.