Banana Boat Sport Performance™ Sunblock Lotion SPF 50

3.9

on 1/21/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It does a good job of protecting from sunburn, but for the love of all that's holy DO NOT put this on your face!! I made that mistake when I was at the beach one summer and I broke out in little tiny white pimples all over my chin and jaw.

on 8/25/2012 3:38:00 AM

I'm very pale and cautious about sun protection and I've tried every type of sunscreen out there. This is my favorite chemical sunscreen because it's:

1. Got a high SPF
2. Goes on slightly oily, but dries to an almost powdery finish. You'll still be slightly oily, but it's not as bad as the other sunscreens out there.
3. Lightly scented. I'd prefer no scent at all, but I don't think that's possible so I'll take this.
4. Great price for the quantity

This is great for vacations when you'll need to apply tons of sunscreen on a hourly/daily basis.

on 5/12/2012 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

YOU GUYSS CAN I USE THIS PRODUCT WHILE TANNING? PLEASE ANSWER

on 2/7/2012 1:57:00 PM

I use this sunscreen all the time in the summer. I use this underneath my Austrailian Gold (for added protection from the sun). I love the amazingly high spf, & this does protect me from the sun. Yes, it's greasy. This is sunscreen we're talking about. What sunscreen isn't? People have such high demands for what they expect from a sunscreen. Some of these "wants" are ridiculous. People are commenting on the smell, the greasiness, & how it looks on your skin. This isn't a perfume or a scented body lotion, this is a sunscreen. Who cares what it looks like & if it smells like strawberries? Please tell me what sunscreen isn't white & greasy, because I'd love to know. I don't care if it's greasy, it's supposed to be...as long as it works for protecting my skin I'm good. This is also sweat proof, & stays on in the pool & lasts a long time. I only have to reapply this a few times if I'm in the sun all day. This is one of the best sunscreens I've ever used, no complaints & no sunburns. I love this & I will buy again when it's summer.

on 9/10/2011 9:22:00 PM

I recently was on vacation for a week at the beach. Normally, I work a daytime office job so I don't get a lot of sun on a daily basis. My pale skin requires serious protection. The first sunscreen I used was not only ineffective at protecting me from burning but also stung when it melted off my face & ran into my eyes.

I switched to the Banana Boat and it worked great for me. I found it easily applied and absorbed into my skin on my body & face. It didn't melt & sting my eyes like the cheaper store brand I used. I always reapplied after being in the water and also reapplied frequently during the day. It saved my skin from any more burning.

My husband has a darker complexion but he was concerned about getting too much sun so he used it too. It worked just as well for him. I would re-purchase and use it again for extended periods in the sun.

on 5/8/2011 9:40:00 PM

I really like this product. It didn't leave a thick greasy residue on my skin that I've noticed with many other products, and it didn't feel like it was going to slide off my skin. I can sit outside for hours in the sun and not burn with the SPF 50. The only reason I don't give it 5 lippies is because it is a little thick for facial use. Otherwise, it's an excellent product at minimal cost.

on 3/13/2011 10:20:00 PM

I use this sunscreen every day. I use it on my face and haven't had any problems with breaking out. I bought the 30 and it didn't protect my skin as well. I had freckles and spots after a week of using that one. This stuff is cheap and works great!!!!!! I just bought a new bottle that has a pump on it. So I gave the packaging 5 lipies for that.

on 12/29/2009 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'll be blunt. I just really don't like this product.

I was out with friends & had to use it without a swatch test because a certain male in my household managed to dump my sunscreen out when he grabbed the bags.

The texture was thick, felt icky and greasy to me. When we got home, I found that I had a rash on my body where it had been applied. I have super sensitive skin, so it is very well the reason I reacted to it, but that being said, even if I didn't react to it, I would never buy it.

on 12/17/2009 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I read in Paula Begoun's book that this sunscreen is not stable and does not provide the spf 50 protection it claims so that does makes me very very wary..But assuming that her information is wrong,this sunscreen is average..White thick lotion that leaves a greasy finish.I wouldnt wear it on the face but use it for the body..it does leave a slight whitish cast on the skin as well.

on 12/1/2009 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It goes on well, does not have too strong of a fragrance, and seems to do the job. Satisfied!

Top Rated Banana Boat Products