November 23, 2014 | 1035 users online

Cleansers - Acne.org - Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by dermagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this cleanser along with the benzoyl peroxide treatment in Daniel Kern's acne.org regimen. This is not only a wonderful cleanser for sensitive, acne prone skin, but it is a gentle, effective cleanser for anyone, not just someone struggling with acne. There are no acne fighting ingredients in this soap, just the basics. That's all you need in a cleanser, you let your treatments do the work.
You get a very generous amount for the price, and if you are using the benzoyl peroxide and/or any of the other great products in this line, and you place an order totaling over 40.00 you get free shipping.
So with free shipping you are getting a great, gentle, effective cleanser that will help clear skin- by virtue of the fact that it contains no irritating ingredients- for the same price as a gentle cleanser you may find at the drugstore.
I am not a teen- - far from it, but like so many other women, I started struggling with hormonal acne at around forty years old. This website acne.org and its advice saved and changed my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by elleee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the whole 'Regimen' two months ago. Shipping to Australia was absolutely ridiculous price wise, but I was desperate for an acne cure so I sucked it up. I'm glad I did! I hate the other two products in the Regimen (and don't use them) but this cleanser is pretty amazing! It has really helped with my acne and I have gone from having 10+ active pimples to one or two. It does make your skin feel tight but I actually like that feeling and it doesn't last long. I use this every morning and night in conjunction with epiduo (as a spot treatment) and I am so pleased with my skin! It's quite similar to the Cetaphil cleanser but I find it does a better job of getting rid of all makeup.

The only downfall is that is does dry your skin out a little bit, but this can be counteracted with a good moisturiser. I HATE the moisturiser that comes with the Regimen, so I just use Cetaphil or whatever one I have and it usually does the trick.

Long story short - I love this product, am just about to put in my second order and will continue to purchase for a long time to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by aaberridge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good cleanser that will not likely break most people out. There are exceptions to every rule, of course. You can't beat the price...comes in a huge container so will last you forever. The pump never failed. I used this product for a good 10 years before I cured my acne so I speak from experience. I would buy again for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by vivian308

I think this cleanser broke me out...have just been using it for a few days and I already see some small tiny clogged pores on my face (I'm very prone to this) at first it was nice cause it didn't dry out my skin but I think I will stop using it and see if the clogged pores disappear...my favourite cleanser is still Clinique Mild Facial Cleanser, it cleans well without clogging my pores ..I ran out of it and thought to use this, since I got this for free as a trial kit sample from Acne.Org.. I guess I have to go get my Clinique cleanser soon

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review of the entire regimen because it is sold this way, plus some specifics about each step.

I received this as a gift from my boyfriend out of the kindness of this blessed heart (translation: he was sick of listening to me complaining every day about my acne and having various episodes of depression over it). I have been using it for a couple of months now (with a period of time when I stopped to see if my skin would return to its original grossness). FYI, my skin did improve after a month of use. When I stopped, it got worse, and when I started using it again, it has improved within the week.

Before I used this product, I read all the information provided with the package, but I did not watch the instructional videos. All the instructions ring to the tone of "IF YOU DON'T DO THIS EXACTLY HOW WE TOLD YOU THEN YOU CAN'T BLAME IT ON THE PRODUCT". Okay. I can limit myself to washing my face only every 12 hours and bring gentle with my skin blah blah blah. But I'm not going to sit in the bathroom and rub treatment on my face for 3 whole minutes then wait for it to dry, then sit there and rub lotion on my face for another few minutes. Ain't nobody got time for that. So needless to say, I did my best to follow the suggested directions to the best of my ability and within the confines of making it to work on time every morning. Please also note that I have been using the clarisonic brush once a day with the acne.org cleanser. I was also clarisonic-ing my face in the shower with the Mineral Fusion Ultimate Moisture cleanser and Shiseido Perfect Whip foaming cleanser (I was washing my face 2-3 times a day rather than the every 12 hours recommended). I was also using make up wipes or DHC cleansing oil to remove make up prior to using the acne.org cleanser. The creators of this regimen apparently do not recommend using any makeup while on the regimen for best results, and my response was PFFT, I can't just show this face around with nothing on it. So yeah, I used a bunch of different BB creams during the day with my other make up while during the treatment.

Pros:
-By George, it worked. Pimple count down. Redness down. Skin looks great. This actually surprises me given how much I didn't adhere to the recommended directions. /shrug
-The BP treatment Easily absorbs into skin with a minute-ish of drying time and goes under makeup just fine.
-The cleanser is scent-less and works great without over-drying.

Cons:
-During the first few weeks of treatment my face was SUPER dry on my cheeks and neck. Weird, because I never put this NEAR my neck and somehow my skin was dry all across the front of my neck, extending almost past each ear. Had to use Burt Bee's intense hydration night cream day and night. As time progressed however, my skin seemed to adjust and I no longer have dry skin. I would definitely start small and have a really good moisturizing cream at the ready when you first start. Note: with my second initiation (after a period of not using this for a while then restarting), my skin did not get dry on my neck, only the skin around my mouth and a little on my cheeks. The lotion was NOT sufficient moisturizing for me during the first weeks of treatment. Currently however, the lotion seems to be fine and feels like an oil-free moisturizer type consistency after drying on the face.
-The lotion STINGS SO BAD, especially on broken skin and the eye area. I feel like my face is on FIRE. I've started to rub the lotion in my hands first to evenly coat my hands and then press them on my face without any rubbing, letting the burning and stinging occur and then subside, then lightly pat the rest of my face. I have no idea why it does this, but it sucks. Sometimes if my skin is not dry at all, I will skip the lotion entirely more so out of fear, haha. This could be the acne.org lotion's fault, or also the BP treatment's fault I suppose for making the skin more sensitive? The stinging only seems to occur at the lotion application step though. I think I will try a different moisturizer to see if the same thing happens.
-I think it's kind of expensive. I believe the whole kit was $40 some dollars. BUT the size of the everything is huge. It looks like it'll last at least a year or something.

Overall
The regimen works. Hail Mary. But I'm not head-over-heels ONLY because of the horrendous burning sensation of the lotion. I don't seem to have any issues with the lotion or the BP treatment though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Coolnique

This product does exactly what it's meant to do, cleanse without drying. The cleanser doesn't have a smell which I would prefer but it does a great job with cleaning my face without drying or flaking. two pumps of this day and nice have my face super clean without it being irritated. One of the few cleansers I haven't had a bad reaction to (yet). I've been using this for two weeks and it's been worth the price. I got a huge bottle and it will last me awhile. I will make this my regular skincare routine. Definitely worth a try if you have sensitive skin or it's acne proned.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. I didn't like this cleanser. I didn't see a difference in my skin by using it. A waste of money for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by sellabella

This was fine initially, but when I continued to use it during winter my skin became unbearably dry and flaky. During winter the only thing this cleanser is good for is cleaning brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It really is a perfect cleanser. It completely removes my makeup and leaves my skin perfectly clean. I wouldn't repurchase because it makes my skin just a little too tight for my personal taste, even though I had no side effects from it.

Edit: This is actually my hg cleanser! I stopped using it before because I didn't get "wow" results. It doesn't cause any extra problems! Perhaps that's why some people don't like it. I didn't realize the product I used before was bad for me. So, it's not a miracle worker but I'm pretty sure for 99% of people this won't cause extra trouble.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As most others have stated here, this Acne.org cleanser is really super gentle, frangrance free, and worth every penny. I use the whole line along with some all natural skin care from Rainwater Botanicals and my skin is AMAZING. That's saying a lot after a 20 year struggle with cystic acne. This cleanser does not remove most makeup in one cleansing, so a double cleanse may be required. No biggie...I'm enjoying my clear skin!