July 23, 2014 | 1324 users online

Cleansers - Acne.org - Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Coolnique

This product does exactly what it's meant to do, cleanse without drying. The cleanser doesn't have a smell which I would prefer but it does a great job with cleaning my face without drying or flaking. two pumps of this day and nice have my face super clean without it being irritated. One of the few cleansers I haven't had a bad reaction to (yet). I've been using this for two weeks and it's been worth the price. I got a huge bottle and it will last me awhile. I will make this my regular skincare routine. Definitely worth a try if you have sensitive skin or it's acne proned.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. I didn't like this cleanser. I didn't see a difference in my skin by using it. A waste of money for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by sellabella

This was fine initially, but when I continued to use it during winter my skin became unbearably dry and flaky. During winter the only thing this cleanser is good for is cleaning brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It really is a perfect cleanser. It completely removes my makeup and leaves my skin perfectly clean. I wouldn't repurchase because it makes my skin just a little too tight for my personal taste, even though I had no side effects from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As most others have stated here, this Acne.org cleanser is really super gentle, frangrance free, and worth every penny. I use the whole line along with some all natural skin care from Rainwater Botanicals and my skin is AMAZING. That's saying a lot after a 20 year struggle with cystic acne. This cleanser does not remove most makeup in one cleansing, so a double cleanse may be required. No biggie...I'm enjoying my clear skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed with this cleanser and the whole line in general. This came in the regimen kit that I had bought for my daughter. I've been having problems since January with irritated flakey skin and breakouts. I'd struggled for months before going to the Derm where I shelled out $100 on just 2 products from their recommended skin care line. The "gentle" anti-oxidant cleanser they gave me was irritating and the scent while pleasant made me cough and stung my eyes. After three weeks of frustration I borrowed this from my daughter and what a huge difference. It's sulfate free, unscented, clear, didn't sting my eyes or irritate my skin and removes makeup and sunscreen better than most. This even gets off most of my tarte waterproof mascara and that doesn't usually budge with regular cleanser. I definitely need a moisturizer after but my skin doesn't feel stripped. I reordered a kit for myself and bumped the cleanser and the moisturizer (also a winner) up to the big 16oz sizes. The price is excellent for the huge amount of product you get. It cost less than $11 for an enormous16oz bottle of cleanser. I paid almost $30 for less than 7ozs of a Dermatologist's cleanser that I'm currently using as hand soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by simplieelegant

I am on my fourth bottle of this cleanser. I love how gentle and effective it is. I have combination oily skin and this cleanser does a great job at cleaning my face. It also does a great job at cleaning makeup too. SInce it doesn't dry out my skin I sometimes wash my skin 3 times because of makeup and my skin will still be fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I am actually on auto-delivery for this cleanser at the present time. I think that this cleanser is best for someone who has combination or oily skin. I do have combination-to-oily skin, so that's I have no problems with it. It does foam, which helps with completely ridding the skin of oil, grime, daily pollution, and makeup. I have had no problems using this cleanser around my eye area. I only have to use a separate eye makeup remover, only if I am wearing lots of heavy eye makeup.

Even though this cleanser is fragrance free, it does have a light scent to it, that I do consider to be non offensive and also does not set off my allergies.
This is the only facial cleanser that I plan to stick to from now on-nothing else.

The product itself is affordably priced, but the shipping and handling, should be cheaper. As, this cleanser is a good one, but Acne.org's s&h charges are on the high side. Which I do find to be a slight con.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by rachael122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this with the Treatment...though I like the Treatment and find it effective, I don't find that the cleanser does much and it's probably my least favorite product in the Acne.org regimen. I do like it because it's good for sensitive skin, doesn't dry the skin, and cleans it fairly well. It's also really cheap and you get a huge bottle for a low price. I've been using mine for probably a year now and it will probably last me at least a few more months. The packaging is also very functional--I like how you can twist the pump once and it will lock it and prevent any spilling, which is great for traveling.
On the other hand, I don't feel like I've gotten any results from using the cleanser alone. I don't have a lot of acne, but I do get the occasional breakout, and I don't see any improvement from the cleanser. I will continue to use the Treatment, but the low price of the cleanser isn't a good enough reason for me to continue buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Ldao90

even though I really like it, it's my least favourite product from the whole Acne.org range.

The reason is that I feel like the treatment combines with the moisturiser makes the regimen - the cleanser is just an nice added one to the combo, especially when your skin has been habituated to the whole ritual for a while.

At first when I started using this product, it worked wonder together with the treatment and the moisturiser. One thing you have to be VERY cautious about is that it REDDENS sensitive areas of your skin that doesn't need treatment (especially the area under the neck), so use it sparingly and avoid letting it slip to the non-acne affected zones of your body. At first I used to shower with this and my neck and my bust would get so red and itchy that it worried me a a lot!!! Sometimes it even managed to run down my inner thighs and the tender part of my arms! So moral of the story: do not shower with this and only use it sparingly above the sink - it is only meant to be for the face!

Now as my skin has improved a lot and become healthier, I realised this product becomes not as extremely essential as it used to be before (the treatment still is, though). I use it only once a day now and some days I even go without it. The reason is that it doesn't really exfoliate my skin nor removes my makeup - i'd rather use a makeup remover, an exfoliator and then the treatment. But for days that I don't wear make up and don't need to exfoliate, this cleanser still proves superior than any other cleansing foam.

So overall, not a holy grail, but I wouldn't mind buying it again to use it as my staple cleansing foam.