October 22, 2014 | 1225 users online

Cleansers - Likas Papaya Soap

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Sarrahmay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is perfect for whitening my skin but after using it regularly I get even more pimples that's why I just switch to other papaya soap product which is royale kojic

I just bought it 3 days ago, doest anybody know how was royale kojic soap effect effective compare to likas? Does anybody use this soap regulary?

I recommend Likas for those who want to whiten their skin. But you need to observe if your skin doesn't gets irritated just like mine

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by cjhalfthai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I remember in the 90s, when my Aunt would put this on her face for 30 minutes. It worked for her, her skin lightened. When I turned 17 I also gave this a shot. It indeed whitened my skin but now that I turned 27, I don't know if it's still as effective. But then again, it worked for some people. And this soap is one of the most popular whitening soaps so I guess it really does work.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by ainaraina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: Brightening
Leaves your skin squeaky clean
Good for pimples and pimples scars
I was initially afraid to use it because squeaky clean usually leads to breakouts for me because my skin starts to over-produce its natural oils, but I did find that it does dry but only enough that it is safe to use for the face.
I've been using this product for over one month and I have not seen major whitening effects. However, I did notice that my old acne scars are nearly gone. At this rate, I'm guessing that they'll be cleared out by another month's use.
I can see that my skin does look brighter so I only use a tiny bit of tinted moisturizer and I'm all set for work or for school.
If you want soap that's better at whitening, try the "Extract Papaya Calamansi" bar soap. I used that two years ago for 4 months till we ran out, and I was so upset because it made me feel so clean, and I did not care for its whitening properties, but a month later I realized that my skin got so fair which could only be explained by the soap. Unfortunately, they don't have them in Maryland.

Cons: BAR soap
Fakers
I think that some people may not like the fact that this is a bar soap, but I personally don't mind as long as it has a special purpose.
****BEWARE****!!! There are fake Likas soaps out there. Actually, I'm not really sure if they're bad or not since I've been lucky with getting the real ones, but watch out anyways just to be sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by innanninna

I started using likas papaya all over my face specially my forehead where it has terrible breakout. It dried up all of my pimples immediately! I am so happy.

I haven't had breakouts after using it and my dark spots from the breakout suddenly flaked off leaving a lighter skin underneath.

I don't need a moisturizer because my face produces oils after sometime making my skin glow.

Beware of fake likas papaya because it might be the one you used that caused you breakouts.

A real likas papaya has clear hologram of its logo and packaged well. The scent must be a faint orange and not rubbery plastic.

I bought a fake one and almost used it. Everything was able to convince me except the smell. not the typical likas. So I bought another from SM to make sure.

So beware guys! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

pros:
1) it does whiten your skin by a bit- you can see a slight difference after one use
2)cheap

cons:
1)slightly drying
2)many FAKE soaps
3)whitening effect may look a bit fake
4)don't expect miracles- it doesn't whiten your skin completely to your original skin tone

i bought a few fake soaps and i realised that authentic ones have box packaging that reflects light. Real soap also has an orangey smell and is soapy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Maichu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently started using this product to lighten my tan, to get rid of dark spots under my arms, and to help scars. This product has helped fade out my scars on my legs which I've gotten trying to get rid of ingrown hairs and I scar very badly and I'm always in the sun a lot which isn't good for scars. My underarms are a little lighter, but I don't know if it lightened my skin at all. I think it's helping it keep it's current color because currently I'm playing tennis and I do wear sunscreen but I haven't gotten darker or lighter. However, I will use this product during the winter when my tan fades and I'm less exposed to the sun, where results would show more. I recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by c250290

This product did not help clear up my acne at all. It does make my skin feel very clean, which I like, but other then that it does nothing. I was hoping it would lighten my skin like other reviwers (on here) said it would, but it hasn't. Total waste of time and money. And I'm not so sure a bar soap is the most hygienic way to go.

It gets one star since it makes me feel squeeky clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by richellda

i always use this.. my skin lighten after 2days of continues use .. and my acne dries up..

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by missrubi

I'm thinking about trying this soap for my neck and arms. I drove alot this summer& my neck & arms are alot darker then the rest of my body now. I'm looking forward to using this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Giannatherese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This worked with drying up my pimples and it did make my face (about 7 shades) whiter than my body. But it can be rather harsh so beware of over exfoliating while using this soap. Left dry red patches below my lip and on the sides of my nose and did not do anything to lighten my acne scars. If youre looking for a product to lighten you skin in general this is it. But dont expect dark spot correction