November 28, 2014 | 1264 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Milan Mode

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I think Milan Mode is one of MACs most underrated lipsticks. I know it was from a collection way back, but seeing as its a permanent shade I've not heard of it before I had purchased it. It is a lustre formula, which is one of my favourite formulas MAC do other than the amplified one because that's beautiful too.
Anyway, its a gorgeous sheer fuschia pink lipstick with a slightly purple or magenta undertone in there, when you push it up in the tube its got loads of tiny silver and pinky purple glitter in it, but you don't end up with glittery lips, it just gives a nice sheen gloss.
Normally, I find the biggest downfall of the lustre lipsticks is that they don't have a great longevity to them, maybe one to two hours max. However, with Milan Mode this simply isn't the case. It stains my lips with the gorgeous fuschia shade and wears very well for several hours. It has become one of my go to staples for days when I don't feel like doing much with my face but it makes it look as though I've put some effort it.
Overall, I love it, thoroughly recommend and would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Fundyfran

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my signature shade. I am on my 7th tube. It is a gorgeous mauvey pink. It stays true on the lip. It wears like iron but is not at all drying. I have wasted money trying to match cheaper brands. It's well worth the $15 price. This shade can ONLY be bought in MAC stores. Not at MAC counters at department stores,FYI. I bought Lipstick Queen's Jean Queen today, as it is a similar shade. Very disappointed. Although pretty, it has NO lasting power. I'm thinking of hoarding a dozen tubes of Milan Mode in case of discontinuation. This from a girl who has never before bought the same lippy twice.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Hannah743

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a gorgeous fuchsia shade! It gives a beautiful pop of colour on my lightly tanned skin, but also works well when I'm not so tanned. I think I can get away with this shade as an everyday shade, but that's just me and I do enjoy being daring with my lip colour. I do love my bright lipsticks and this is my favourite of them all! It's not too shimmery either and it stains the lips which I absolutely adore. Perfect is an understatement for this lipstick! I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by alwayshine14

Milan Mode is a sheer fuchsia pink with warm undertones and fine shimmer. The color is really nice and it actually shows up on my fairly pigmented lips without being to crazy, its sheer enough for daytime but definitely buildable for night time. The shimmer is just enough to add dimension to your lips but isn't gritty. I have to apply a moisturizing lip balm over or under this lip stick because I find it does dry out my lips a little bit. I'm saying that I will buy this again, but it definitely will not be in the near future because I like to try new lip products rather than repurchasing favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by DisneyAnimeFan92

I recently purchased this on a whim without seeing it in person at a MAC store or counter and with only the online swatch as my guide. But it actually turned out to be a pretty awesome lipstick.

Milan Mode is a bright fuschia pink with lots of red undertones that darken up the color. It has little bits of glitter in it, but they're not chunky and don't make the color overly dramatic. It's a lustre, so it's sheer enough for daytime. However, it looses a lippie for me because it's a tad too sheer for my taste. It's such a bright, gorgeous pink that I don't really want my real lips to show through it, but unfortunately, they do. It's also not terribly long wearing. After an hour or two, the color starts to fade and you may feel the need to reapply. Also, if you are dark skinned like me, this may look a tad too bright and you may need a brown lip liner to darken up the color a bit, like I did.

Like most of the lustre finish lipsticks, this feels almost like a very pigmented lip gloss that happened to be in lipstick form. However, I really like the color and the fact that it doesn't suck all the moisture out of my lips (though to be fair, it's not terribly moisturizing either). It's unique and not quite like any of the other pink lipsticks I have. I will probably repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this at back 2 mac and i love it so much. The colour is a nice sheer deep pink and a lip gloss finish which me love. I can pull this off as an everyday wear its a lipgloss in a lipstick!!!! It lasted on me 4 about 5 hours and it stains nicely on the lips after a few hours which me love.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Cherryskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is quite sheer, but has good colour. A nice bright hot pink, with silver mica to give a bit of a sparkle (which, personally, I would have preferred to not have). Lasts an average duration. Feels quite good on the lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by RIX

Finally got this shade. A bit disappointing - as i dont feel i will wear this one much. I have London Life which is a a full bodied deep pink with sparkle which i find more flattering than Milan Mode which is more sugary pink with sparkle. Good even application but i will not re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by vivianlynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

great everyday color, perfect amount of reflects.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by cakehole

gorgeous colour!

i was looking for an everyday lipstick when i was at the mac counter, but then i saw this colour and i had to get it. it is fairly bright (it's fuchsia), and i feel like i can get away with wearing this as an everyday shade but that's me.

it is also beautiful for the summer, or as a late night colour. works well with my nc15 skin and gives me a great pop of colour on my complexion. the great thing is that even after the lipstick wears off the lips, it leaves a stain that lasts for hours - even through eating and drinking, amazing!

although i'm still in need of a more toned down shade for everyday wear, i will go back to this colour again and again. can't wait until the weather outside is warmer and i get to wear this with cute summer dresses and skirts. :)