November 26, 2014 | 1654 users online

Top/Base Coats - Seche Vite - Seche Base Ridge Filling Base Coat

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Got this as an extra in a swap, Im going to keep using it, because, its there, I guess.

It doesnt seem to actually do anything. My ridges are no more or less noticeable, and more importantly, it doesnt give my mani much of a life span, I dont think the polish sticks very well to it, so, only a day or so later things end up all chipped and messy. Actually, I think it shortens my mani.

Not going to buy.

Might be more useful to someone else with different nails, but, Im not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by cbaker6653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only ridge-filling base coat I've tried. I only gave it 4 stars because I'm sure there are probably better options out there. However, this one works well for me. I work in a kitchen, and my hands are constantly getting wet. So my polish never lasts more than a day before peeling. I don't blame it on the base coat, though. Nail polish adheres nicely to the milky white base coat. It dries quickly, and it fills ridges. I would re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by michellela

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this for the first time last night underneath one of my unused polishes and the polish went on VERY streaky. I didn't really believe the base was at fault but this morning I had to reapply three fingers (impatience induced bed sheet marks) and used the opportunity to test others. I tried China Glaze Ridge Filler on one finger and OPI natural nail on the other two and my Illamasqua went on fine with no streaking.

I will not be buying Seche Ridge Filler Base Coat again and while £5 isn't a huge amount of money, I still feel cheated.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Really disappointed with this.

I got it at a beauty expo, top coat, base coat and two colours for £12. What a steal! This is utterly rubbish though.

It goes on nicely, and I quite like the milky look of it. It dries quickly and is very shiny.

BUT.....it peels like crazy! I've done two manicures since I got this and both have peeled and chipped after a day. I can't be dealing with that, so I will get OPI Nail Envy again when I need a new base coat. I'll probably only use this now on it's own.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by ooohdiamonds

The base coat applies kind of thickly. It fills in ridges reasonably. I've been using it for 8 months now and so far, I have no proper issues with it. However, I will probably try the OPI ridge filler before I go ahead to re-purchase Seche Vite ridge filler again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm editing this review based on further experience and use of this product.

I don't normally use this on my fingernails, but, rather, on my toenails, which have a lot of weird bumps, ridges, and other oddities going on. To my surprise, this does a pretty good job of minimising all those toenail weirdnesses AND it makes a pedicure last considerably longer than previous base coats I've used. This base coat, two layers of polish, and a top coat yield a pedicure which lasts pretty much until I decide to remove it, with no chipping, peeling, or other issues, which is just about unheard of for my poor tootsies.

One thing I'm not that crazy about is that this is a nearly-opaque white, and while it can give a boost to lighter coloured polish, it also increases the care needed to cover it completely. I suspect the white is a necessary side effect of the ridge-filling properties, so I can't complain too much, and it does do wonders for my ridged, bumpy toenails, but it is something to consider.

As a fingernail base coat, I'm not at all impressed with this. Polish chips faster when I use this, and I've had some issues with yellowing. I don't know if that's from the actual base coat or from the polish on top and the base coat not giving enough protection. On my toes, it hardly matters (they're slighlty yellowed anyway, and I keep them polished almost all the time), and this does work well for a pedicure, but I hate it for a manicure. I know, that's very weird, but possibly it's that my toenails ARE ridged, and my fingernails, for the most part, are not? Whatever it is, I will keep using this for my pedicures, but I won't be using it for any manicures, and I probably will not buy it again (I'll try some other ridge-filler for my toenails).

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only use this base coat when I'm experimenting with designs and not wanting a manicure to last because it chips so easy. Even with the best of top coats that have previously helped me keep a manicure over a week, this base coat always kills it. It does fill the ridges though. It's also more of a cream than a base coat almost. I'm sadly not a fan and do not reccomend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually like this base coat. It provides a good and even base for colored nail polish even though the cuticles aren't perfect in the beginning. I use this, two coats of colored nail polish and then the top coat from Seche Vite and my manicure last at least one week. I am quite happy with this product and would repurchase it. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by electricshock01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Helps a great deal with my ridges, with two coats. I don't really have much to say though...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by itsaddiiiii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know whether to throw it away or give it away because this is horrible to the max. I tried to like it by giving it a 2nd chance, but ended up wasting product because I was left with the ultimate streak-fest. Thank God I only bought this for $3-4.