August 21, 2014 | 1920 users online

Treatments (Face) - Darphin - 8-Flower Nectar

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my least favourite of the Darphin oils and the most expensive one also. it's not 100% natural and the smell is too strong, like perfume (not the good kind...).
After some time using it I started to breakout so, unfortunately, I had to throw it out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went ahead and splurged on this very expensive oil. I was anticipating drastic results due to the price. I like Arovita C a lot, I have respect for Darphin. This oil was a huge disappointment. It moisturizes and softens, but not to the extent that I can justify the huge price tag. You get tight pores and a glow, but not dramatically so. It is no different than other face oils, at triple the price tag. I would rather spend that on La Prairie, which produces dramatic results.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by reveriex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I agree with the previous reviewer. I love essential oils, but I think this product would be more effective if the bottle were smaller and there were a higher concentration of essential oils (and that's saying something because the bottle is only 15mls to begin with). The product would also be better if it was thinner in consistency (a higher concentration of EOs would thin out the consistency as well..). As is, it is not worth the price by a long shot in my opinion. Sunflower seed oil is a very cheap oil and is the second ingredient. If I had known that before I purchased this product, I wouldn't have bought it. In addition, jojoba, while a nice oil, is not as good as apricot which is further down the list..

For me personally, I have purchased some $20-$40 face oils from small cottage makers that my skin has liked better than this 8-flower nectar. I can't even tell if the essential oils they are using in this product are high quality because the carrier oils mask the EOs too much. I do know that a company like Darphin, in theory, would have access to the highest quality EOs on the planet - cosmetic grade EOs that would never find their way to any EO company (take that, Young Living), nor any cottage maker. That said, I should have been able to tell the difference in the product when applied! Sadly, I never could..

If I had to do it all over again, I wish I would have bought Creme de la Mer instead..

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Original review (1/20/13): I got a sample first and thought it was pretty good, but I have since decided it is only fair. First of all, in order to spread a thin layer all over my face, I need quite a bit, so, using this every other night, as I do, it isn't going to last very long. It is hard to believe that my beloved CdLM appears economical next to this. My skin is nice and moist in the morning, but I don't see anything better than with CdLM. I don't think all those lovely botanicals are making a bit of difference. And, it would be nice if it came in a pump bottle. A screw off bottle makes it hard to control the amount of this very expensive oil you spill into your hand for one application.

Update (4/21/13): I finished the bottle and went back to CdLM on nights I don't use my Rx Vit A cream. My skin has the same or more moisture to it in the AM and it feels plumper than with the 8-Flower Nectar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Wow. Purchased in place of Darphin's Jasmine Aromatic Care, which is in itself impressive as a complexion enhancer. But this product is even more impressive: tangible improvement to skin tone and clarity even after first application.

This baby is jam-packed with all manner of pure botanical treats, aromatherapeutic nirvana in a tiny bottle! My skin's in love with it and, naturally then, so too am I!

Once again, Darphin can be relied upon to do the business.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by lmande

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have 3 tiny bottles of this but will definitely be buying the full size as soon as the others run out. I'm new to Darphin but so far I've been very happy. I use this at night before the Predermine or the Stimulskin. I think my skin looks pretty good using this combination. I have to say though - the best part of this is the delicious aroma. I'm usually not a huge fan of scented skin products on my face but for this I'll make the exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by jritsoncandler

I have also reviewed the Darphin Rose Aromatic Care and as I said there, as an employee of another Estee Lauder brand, I did buy two bottles of this at quite a considerable staff discount.

However this oil is pure luxury. The texture and scent are both equally divine. Now, at 23, this isn't aimed at my skin at all. This is usually reserved as part of Darphin global anti-aging skin care line, Stimulskin. However been a bit of an essential oil fanatic and loving the idea of having the creme de la creme I couldn't resist this. Coming back down to earth, the quality of the essential oils within this is superb. Of the 8 'precious flower nectars' the Jasmine is Jasmine Concrete-the purest and very most expensive form of an already expensive essential oil. Even within Darphin's Jasmine Aromatic Care, the Jasmine is absolute rather than the more potent and 'complete' concrete. You also have top quality iris extract (the star of Decleor's Aromessence Iris - also a sublime formula) and everlasting or immortelle (at the heart of L'Occitane's Very Precious anti-aging range).

Blended in Avocado oil as a carrier this is a rich and moisturising product for a dry and dehydrated skin that requires restored barrier function as well as the deep down treatment benefits of the cocktail of essential oils. As such it does not mark itself as 'non-comedogenic' in the same way as the othe Aromatic Cares as more mature skins tend to require this richness. Thus I use it once or twice a week as a booster or as a one week course to heal and rejuvenate my retinoid battered skin (only been using Differin for a month, the cleansing process is still happening).

All in all a wonderful if somewhat expensive product. If you combine this with retinols, SPF and clean living, this could be a powerful weapon in your anti-aging arsenal. AND the smell is, well, amazing.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this and just used it last night. OMG, this smells AMAZING and it works like a miracle, I have never smelt anything this good and felt so relaxed and comfortable the way I felt right after I put this on. I am catching a cold because it was raining and I forgot my umbrella, add that to the PMS factor, I wouldn't have been surprised if my skin looked crappy when I wake up in the morning, but when I woke up this morning, my skin looks sooooooooooooo "happy", Geez, I might have to buy it, but it's so expensive................

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by alexplot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Best skincare oil period. I have been using this on and off, and whenever I use it my skin will be in its most dewy and healthy state. The reason why I am skeptical about using this long term is because it works too well : all I had to use was one drop on face ad two drops on neck and all of my problems are solved, dryness breakouts etc...
I did a little bit of research on the contents of the oil and found out that the Iris extract might be the ingredient that is doing all the work: It is said to swell up the skin cells and mask all the flaws you got.
Be the effect may be just cosmetic, I just realize that I can't live without it. It is addictive!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was sure that I made a review on this aromatic oil... Well, I like all Darphin aromatic oils, but I had some problems to get used on this one because of its very strong scent. The scent is almost like a strong perfume and I really didn't like it at first... it was an unpleasant surprise for me. But I got used to it after a few days. The oil is very good, indeed, and it noticeably revitalizes the skin. It is the richest and 'strongest' Darphin oil, recommended for mature skin. It is the most expensive of all Darphin oils, too. I like it, but I somehow prefer Jasmine oil - it is not as "strong" but it is sort of softer and I enjoy it more...