September 19, 2014 | 1861 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Colour Eyeshadow - Golds 569

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by racheff21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Out of all of my Dior quints, as I call them, this is probably my favorite. I love to combine all of the shades to create a really interesting deep, bronzed eye. I always get compliments when I wear it, so that says something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I was initially hesitant about buying this palette (even though I thought the colors were absolutely gorgeous) because copper and gold are not normally very flattering on me. However, after reading all the great reviews I decided to splurge and am I ever glad I did. The five colors - dark copper, light gold, champagne, golden olive, and gold - actually look terrific on me and can be combined in so many ways.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this palette! I already have the Pink Idol from Dior and I was pretty satisfied with it, but this palette is the HG of all my palettes. The colors seperatly are nothing special, I admit, but it is the combination of them all what makes my eyes pop! Like the texture, like the way they blend! At first I was hesitating between the Golds and the Goldfever but one reviewer said that the Goldfever has very similiar colors in the palette, so similiar that you couldn't see the difference on bare skin. She's right, but with this palette you have so different colors. You can create endless looks with it! In one word: SUPER
Tanja

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 5:03:00 PM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, I know. I promised that I was off of the Dior 5-Colours forever. The first three had so little color payoff that I might as well have saved my $ and bought Maybelline- and that would be a LOT of Maybelline. But as luck would have it, I just sorta-kinda-maybe happened to be in the neighborhood and just sneaked a quick peek at Dior's summer collection. Well, shoot. You know me. Absolutely no self-control when it comes to eyeshadow. I had to have it. I even tried leaving the store without it, but had to come back (and hey, I got a free DiorShow mascara, too) and make it mine. This is one of the most gorgeous palettes that I have ever seen, and the look is completely fantastic. Wowsa. The variety of color is great with one copper, a highlight and three golds- one true gold, one olive/khaki gold and a darker gold. I have no problem with daytime usage on this palette, as the shimmer is not at all glittery but more pearly. For me (super-fair PPP), it can even be a nice neutral/brown look for work. Highly recommended, and I would purchase again. But I absolutely, positively promise that this is my last quint palette. Self-control. Self-control. This is my new mantra.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, this palette made it to our Sephora today ... and I've been salivating about it since this morning. Beautiful, beautiful colors! It will make a dent on my wallet, but it's well worth it. So gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 1:28:00 PM More reviews by brookecouture

This quint is beyond amazing. It is so versitile, there are a ton of great looks. I think I could use this every day for a week and come up with something new. Its good for any season.

The colors are highly pigmented (and I'm a MAC girl so you KNOW this is the highest compliment!), easily blendable and go well together. I think the pink in the middle doesn't make much sense with the other 4 colors, but when used with them it actually comes off nicely.

I picked this up online at Sephora and I hear its not LE, thank goodness. The price is up there but it is totally worth it. I don't own much Dior, but this could be the start of something... well... crazy!

MAC NC/NW20 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am by no means a snob when it comes to eye shadow. I would NEVER spend $55 on Dior when I can just as easily purchase a knock-off color for about $5 from a drugstore. That all changed today. I saw this on display and was immediately drawn to it. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, blend together flawlessly, and compliment my summer makeup of bronzer and gloss perfectly. I asked how much it was, knowing that unless the answer was $100, I was going to end up going home with this. I am SO happy I did. I washed my face and put this on as soon as I got home, and have felt gorgeous and glowy ever since. There are 5 colors in the palette, a highlighter in the center, and then shades of shimmery gold, a rosey-gold, a burgandy gold, and olive gold around the edge. Absolutely gorgeous colors that I know I'm not doing justice by describing. I haven't gotten this excited about makeup in a long time. LOVE this and would repurchase in a heartbeat!

EDIT: This compact is part of the Summer 2008 Dior Goldrush Collection. I bought mine at a Macy's but I checked online and only found it available on Nordstrom's website. It says it will be available April 2008 at Dior counters nationwide, so if you cant find it, it should be there soon!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No