Got2B Smooth Operator Smoothing Lustre Lotion

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polyquaternium-46, Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PVP, Stearalkonium Chloride, Isohexadecane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (Fragrance), Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol.

on 8/15/2015 11:10:00 AM

I purchased this stuff after a friend recommended it to me....and I will say, I love it! I put about 2 pumps into damp, towel dried hair, and blew it out and straightened it....and my super thick, super long, wavy hair was left perfectly straight, super smooth, silky, and frizz free! That's a hard boot to fill because I live in coastal SW Florida....humidity is no jok! But what I also liked was this product left my day 2 hair look just as great as it did when I just styled it, no touch up needed. My hair also tangled way less. This is a great product, and it's cheap! Great bang for your buck.

on 6/18/2015 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The morning after I used this for the first time, I texted my friend who loves Got2B products, "I have a new best friend. You've been replaced." With a picture of the bottle. Because holy hell, this stuff is WONDERFUL! HG no question.

First from this brand I've tried but based on this won't be the last. Let's get right to what makes it so fantastic...

I had been testing products that would make it possible for me to air-dry my half-ass wavy hair that naturally dries straight on the ends, crunky on the top (and worst of all, wonky on the face framing long banged pieces) and frizzy overall. This stuff performed nothing less than a minor miracle. Using this and only this after my regular shampoo and conditioner, and without any styling, my hair was left shiny, soft, and smooth in a way that was unparallel to any other product I've ever used, from Redken to Garnier. Even the terrible wonky face framing pieces were not just smooth, but straight! I had never had a product do that before. I always have had to use a straightener on them.

The breakdown:
Smoothness: 10/10 - smoothes waves, eliminates frizz. Like none other. Truly amazing smoothing effect. Didn't make
my hair straight all over, but smoothed it enough to make it look good just as it was.
Shine: 8/10 - adds a glossy lustre quality to my hair that I usually don't see, almost as good as a spray exclusively for shine. Not only that, but the lustrous look lasts overnight.
Softness: 9/10 - makes hair feel very soft. Being billed as a leave-in conditioner with cashmere extract just reads as a lot of marketing speak to me with little meaning but whatever this has in it for softness, it works. Even my husband commented on how soft and pretty my hair looked.
Volume: 7/10 - most of the time air drying leaves hair looking lank and a smoothing product would make that worse, even if it did quell frizz. This takes away the frizz but still imbues life and body to the hair, leaving it voluminous enough to get by without needing any volumizer or blow drying.

Consistency/texture of the product itself is great. I work four pumps from roots to ends on my long, wet-brushed through hair and it does the rest. It doesn't feel
tacky or sticky on my hands and once it is in my hair, it works practically weightlessly. I don't feel like I have product in my hair, which I love, and it doesn't weigh hair down or make it feel or look greasy, tacky or otherwise gross. So many straightening balms I have tried feel heavy and sticky whereas this is not only more effective, but feels almost like nothing at all.

The scent is nice and fades fairly quickly. The bottle is a good size quantity for a great price. I have paid triple what this cost for half as much of a Redken product that didn't work much more than half as well. All the other products can go in the bin now that I have this gem on the counter, as far as I am concerned.

TL; DR? Bottom line: BUY THIS. It smoothes, softens and shines to near supernatural levels. Whether you're blow-drying or air-drying, it's a hair miracle.

*I have uploaded a side-by-side picture of my hair air-dried with just the It's a 10 spray (left side) versus just the Got2B LL (right side) for comparison's sake to go with this review. I don't have makeup on in the picture and it's right when I woke up so ignore my face, but man, my hair looked

on 1/15/2015 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is great. I was a little hesitant about applying something labeled as a lotion, thinking that maybe it would be too heavy for my fine hair. But actually, it goes on very nicely (I use only a small amount for my collar bone length hair) and I don't feel like I have a ton of product in my hair. It makes my hair very soft and shiny, and the smell is great. Plus, the bottle is super cute! I use it when my hair is damp before I blow dry it. I like that it has added protection against heat, although I use another heat protectant primarily. I will repurchase.

on 12/17/2014 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely a great product for a low price point. My hair feels silky and soft, and it has helped me reduce breakage- allowing me to grow my hair longer than I would have without it. The smell is light and nice, and I get a nice glossy (not greasy) finish from this product.

on 7/27/2014 6:23:00 PM

As a girl with thin,fine,easily weighed-down hair, i steer away from leave-in lotion conditioners. I bought this product on a whim, mainly because of the lovely smell and i had heard great reviews from friends and online sites. Later that week when i washed my hair, I applied a full pump all through my hair and let it sit for 10 minutes before drying. I blew it out with a round brush like normal and was pleasantly surprised with big, voluminous hair! It didn't weigh down at all and made hair was considerably softer and shinier. I'm now on my third bottle and still am loving it. Its great if you want to blow-out, air-dry or add some moisture to hair that is already dried and the smell gets me every time! i recommend this product to everyone! if you tired of blow-out creams weighing your hair after the fact, try this product out!

on 6/12/2014 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Normally I'm not big on leave-in conditioners, because I think they weigh your hair down. Well, not this one. Smooth Operator leaves my hair looking silky and full bodied. I don't use it everytime I wash my hair, but only when I use my Quantum Riveting Reds Shampoo and Conditioner. Like a lot of color depositing shampoos, the Riveting Reds Shampoo is a bit drying, and the conditioner just doesn't put back enough moisture. That's where Smooth Operator comes in. I use just one pump on damp hair before styling, and it's like I used a normal conditioner. Terrific product. I will definately rebuy.

on 5/5/2014 11:45:00 AM

I absolutely love this product!! I have no bad things to say plus the price is so awesome!!

Keeps my hair looking healthy and flyaway free
Nice smell
Packaging is sooo cute

Will repurchase

on 4/14/2014 6:53:00 PM

I have purchased this product since before the package-change(about four years now, maybe more) and I will continue to do so! Just divine, it is a HG staple in my vanity.

I adore the smell of this hair lotion, as many other have said here. Really candy-sweet smell that is strong enough to wear as a perfume for at least an hour or two after applying(depending on how generously you use it), which could either be a positive or negative thing depending on how much you'd want a fragrance in your leave-in conditioner. If I'm wearing a perfume for the day, I'd need to use it earlier in the day or skip on it entirely.

I'm fickle with scents on any product that isn't strictly a perfume or purposefully scented-lotion, though I wouldn't take the scent out of this product if I had the opportunity. I fell in love with it when I was thirteen years old and I still pick up the bottle for a sniff once in a while! I will point out that the scent could be too young for some women's tastes, though I've never been one to care much about the "age" of a perfume for a woman so long as they smell nice. Juicy and sugary, I deem it one of those "edible" scents that can make you feel a bit sticky/sick if you're overwhelmed by too much for too long. I just don't tire of it easily, so no issues for me there.

Definitely makes your hair a lot silkier. I processed my hair with bleach often when I was thirteen(ah, the odd tweenage-stage of the 2000s) and this always helped it sit shiny and healthy on my shoulders despite whatever torment I'd put it through. I have bleached ombre tips to my hair, so I rub a dab or two of this away from my roots to the ends or mid-strand and I'm good to go. My hair hasn't ever looked oily or felt unclean after using this.

My only Got2B product(all others put me off with the scent and gel-like trend) I'll continue to repurchase forever and ever. Flawless and weightless and soft and delicious and just lovely.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Seriously cannot imagine my life without this! It has saved my hair so much grief and actually enables me to walk around with my natural hair texture (curly, coarse) without any heat styling like straightening or curling to make it look decent. It hydrates my hair, even the severely damaged areas and makes it all appear healthy and shiny. It keeps my frizz to a minimal and my hair stays nice and behaved all day. The smell of the product is also bet nice. I like it alot. Overall this product this the very best ! I bought a full sized one at Ulta for only $6 bucks and it came with a small "trial size" bottle for free. In my opinion it's quite big to be considered trial sized but it's absolutely perfect for travel! I love it so much :-)

on 1/24/2014 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the smoothing lustre lotion in 2009 when I got my first curling iron. I wanted a product to reduce frizz, impart shine, be a heat protectant, and be light on my hair. The Got 2 Be smoothing lustre lotion fulfills all my requirements, actually it exceeds my requirements. The lotion smooths my hair and smells lovely. The packaging is so cute and eye catching. Me being thirteen in 2009, it definitely did catch my eye! Sometimes I just open the bottle and smell it. I used the lustre lotion the most from 2009-2011, after that, I used my heat styling tools very little. I recently used the lotion for a at-home hair blowout and I noticed my hair was not weighed down, my hair was frizz free and soft, and again the smell was fantastic! I'm trying to avoid cones in my hair and this product has them, I realize cones are necessary for smoothing hair and all, I just don't like them much. Anyways, I still recommend the Got 2 Be smoothing lustre lotion to others.

Top Rated Got2B Products