April 24, 2014 | 1919 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Smooth Operator Smoothing Lustre Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

I have purchased this product since before the package-change(about four years now, maybe more) and I will continue to do so! Just divine, it is a HG staple in my vanity.

I adore the smell of this hair lotion, as many other have said here. Really candy-sweet smell that is strong enough to wear as a perfume for at least an hour or two after applying(depending on how generously you use it), which could either be a positive or negative thing depending on how much you'd want a fragrance in your leave-in conditioner. If I'm wearing a perfume for the day, I'd need to use it earlier in the day or skip on it entirely.

I'm fickle with scents on any product that isn't strictly a perfume or purposefully scented-lotion, though I wouldn't take the scent out of this product if I had the opportunity. I fell in love with it when I was thirteen years old and I still pick up the bottle for a sniff once in a while! I will point out that the scent could be too young for some women's tastes, though I've never been one to care much about the "age" of a perfume for a woman so long as they smell nice. Juicy and sugary, I deem it one of those "edible" scents that can make you feel a bit sticky/sick if you're overwhelmed by too much for too long. I just don't tire of it easily, so no issues for me there.

Definitely makes your hair a lot silkier. I processed my hair with bleach often when I was thirteen(ah, the odd tweenage-stage of the 2000s) and this always helped it sit shiny and healthy on my shoulders despite whatever torment I'd put it through. I have bleached ombre tips to my hair, so I rub a dab or two of this away from my roots to the ends or mid-strand and I'm good to go. My hair hasn't ever looked oily or felt unclean after using this.

My only Got2B product(all others put me off with the scent and gel-like trend) I'll continue to repurchase forever and ever. Flawless and weightless and soft and delicious and just lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Seriously cannot imagine my life without this! It has saved my hair so much grief and actually enables me to walk around with my natural hair texture (curly, coarse) without any heat styling like straightening or curling to make it look decent. It hydrates my hair, even the severely damaged areas and makes it all appear healthy and shiny. It keeps my frizz to a minimal and my hair stays nice and behaved all day. The smell of the product is also bet nice. I like it alot. Overall this product this the very best ! I bought a full sized one at Ulta for only $6 bucks and it came with a small "trial size" bottle for free. In my opinion it's quite big to be considered trial sized but it's absolutely perfect for travel! I love it so much :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

I bought the smoothing lustre lotion in 2009 when I got my first curling iron. I wanted a product to reduce frizz, impart shine, be a heat protectant, and be light on my hair. The Got 2 Be smoothing lustre lotion fulfills all my requirements, actually it exceeds my requirements. The lotion smooths my hair and smells lovely. The packaging is so cute and eye catching. Me being thirteen in 2009, it definitely did catch my eye! Sometimes I just open the bottle and smell it. I used the lustre lotion the most from 2009-2011, after that, I used my heat styling tools very little. I recently used the lotion for a at-home hair blowout and I noticed my hair was not weighed down, my hair was frizz free and soft, and again the smell was fantastic! I'm trying to avoid cones in my hair and this product has them, I realize cones are necessary for smoothing hair and all, I just don't like them much. Anyways, I still recommend the Got 2 Be smoothing lustre lotion to others.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I'm pretty stupid with styling hair, so it took me a while to realize how awesome this product was. I have long, thick, mainly straight / sometimes wavy Asian hair and I was sick of it looking fuzzy and "messy" near the bottom. I apply 2-3 generous pumps of this condition with my hands into the lower half of my hair, and voila! Smoother, straighter hair. This conditioning lotion won't make your hair super sleek or glossy, but it does the job of keeping my hair tamable even if it's windy outside. (NOTE: I'm not sure if you "need" dry hair or damp hair for this conditioner to work, I've applied it after towel-drying, air-drying and/or blow-drying my hair and the effect is always the same.)

One of the major pros about this product is that it's quite cheap and you get a ton of product for your money. I like the packaging, it's a tall, narrow tube with a pump that dispenses quite a lot of product at a time. It stores nicely in the corner of my dresser or inside a box. The lotion itself has a candy-like smell to it that disappates after a while in your hair, but I'd still keep that in mind if you're very sensitive to fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Holagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Product it makes my hair softer and less frizzy..im happy for the results since i have really long hair,frizziness its hard to control with other products but with this product help my hair problems more easier..i would totally repurchased this:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh my goodness...k. This is pretty amazing stuff. It smooths hair and prevents frizz and makes it soft and shiny, with no build up, doenst weigh down! It smells like candy too! It makes straightening hair soo easy! I love it! only complaint is the packaging. Sometimes the pump gets jammed and its SO ANNOYING. not all the time, but sometimes, It takes a lot of arm power to get it working again. But this stuffs so good that its so worth it! Cheers! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by TickTockAlice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love the Smooth Operator line from Schwarzkopf's Got 2 Be. Really, all their products are fantastic and I love that Schwarzkopf has a lower price point DS line.

This Smooth Operator Lustre Lotion is a creamy leave in conditioner that really performs a trifecta of tasks. It smoothes the hair follicle and practically eliminates frizz and fly aways, it moisturizes dry, brittle, and over processed hair, as well as adding incredible shine and softness....all without weighing down your hair, making it greasy, or creating build-up!

The scent of this particular line in amazing! I can't even describe it, other than it smells like candy without being too sickly sweet. The scent definitely lingers instead of disappating like a lot of sweet smelling products do.

The other amazing thing about this product is that you can use it on dry hair as well (sparingly, of course). I like to smooth a pump or two when my hair is damp and finish any heat styling with a additional small pump of product and smooth through my ends for some added moisture and use what's left to smooth over the top of my head and bangs.

The packaging is super cute and I've never had a defective pump. It's become a bit more difficult to find this line in stores which worries me as I hope it doesn't get discontinued! I love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff and have repurchased it repeatedly!!!

I have naturally very curly hair (think tight spiral curls)long down to the middle of my back and after washing my hair and applying this I use about 1-2pumps this really tames the frizz down when I blow dry before I straighten and it really helps keep the frizz away after my hair is straightened,my hair is soft & silky.......and the smell is soooooo yummy!!

total repurchase over & over!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by kodancerbabeee

This is an awesome product! It helps with frizziness and adds shine! I really really like the scent. I find that even on days when my typically extremely frizzy and curly, often straightened hair, isnt frizzy, if I add about half a pump, it will prevent frizz from making an appearance later on. My one complaint is that the product's stylish packaging doesn't hold much product, so I'm not sure how long it will last. Overall, I love the way this product works

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by lilliputhaunt

I finally found it. The ONE thing that can truly tame my hair. I have short, curly, heat treated, frequently colored, dry, damaged hair. As you can imagine, frizz is a nightmare for me. What's even worse, I'm a humble high school student from a less than financially fortunate family, so I can't afford an expensive serum. I had given up on trying to tame my frizz a while ago, but after seeing the reviews of this stuff, I decided to pick up a bottle. The bottle itself is REALLY cute, and may have just been the thing that pushed me over the edge to try this stuff. Unfortunately, mine didn't come with charms. It's possible that someone stole them, since I got the last bottle at CVS, but they may have just stopped putting them on, too. Nonetheless, the bottle has an awesome creamy pink and orange color scheme and a really nicely shaped bottle, so I wasn't terribly upset. I see a lot of people really like the smell, and you might too, but for me, it really did just smell like a normal lotion. Almost identical to my Suave one, actually. I liked it, but it wasn't anything fantastic. The product is a thick, white cream. It isn't as thick as lotion, but I can see the comparison. After pressing some water out of my hair with a normal towel, I put two pumps in my hair, though I can now see that I only really need one. I distributed the product with a wide-toothed comb, and then air dryed. The result? ZERO frizz, with lots of shine to boot. i didn't notice the softness that I got with serums like Garnier and FX, but it's a sacrifice I'm certainly willing to make. My hair did get weighed down, but like I said, I put in too much. My poofy hair can use some weighing down anyway. It also doubles as a heat protectant, and worked BETTER than my Garnier one. For the first time in my life, I believe I've found a product that I can truly call HG. If you've given up on your dry, frizzy hair, give this a try.

Edit: Oh my god, I take back what I said about how this stuff doesn't make your hair soft. Maybe it's the repeated use that did it? In any case, my hair is feeling ridiculously silky. If I could give this another lippie, I would. I already said this, but I feel the need to repeat myself: HG. I couldn't possibly imagine a salon brand working better than this.

Edit again: Great. This stuff mysteriously stopped working. Now, I should add that I recently switched deep conditioners, so I'll look into that, but regardless, this stuff is not invincible against frizz. I'll keep it at 4 lippies until I try using my old deep conditioner again, and hell, I'll still keep it at 4 lippies even if that wasn't it, simply because it worked so well at first. This is really just a warning for extreme cases: It isn't perfect.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No