August 23, 2014 | 905 users online

Loose Powders - Maybelline - Mineral Power Finishing Veil Translucent Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff can do in a pinch. I picked it up while on vacation and am currently wearing it over Covergirl 3-1 Foundation, and it's okay. It's not as finely milled as many other mineral powders I've tried. The packaging is compact, but the brush that comes with is useless -- way too bristly. Also, when the product is shaken inside the closed jar, it can get a little messy on the lid and subsequently messy when you open it, but that's the case with many powder jars like this. I prefer Physician's Formula mineral powder for a finer milled power and also for their little inner plastic lid that keeps product from getting all over the lid when closed.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Nicolelovesmac

This is probably my favorite powder ever, but I'm not too fond of the packaging and the mini kabuki that comes with it. The product spills very easily and the brush is too small, but the powder is great!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Rahkayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this stuff but really dislike the packaging. The powder tends to spill all over the place and the holes are too big. This isn't something that I can just throw into my bag, because the powder spills out. I also did not like the mini brush applicator because it was too rough. But for the powder itself, I like it! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Daisy3

I'm a fan. The reason this is getting four stars rather than five, is that it appears to show up a veil-like dullness on the face in photos. Other than that - it works well with moderately oily skin, and sets foundation nicely. The photos thing is kind of a bummer though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this powder for about $9 at walmart to set my foundation and possibly use over just concealer. I am pretty pale so I figured I needed to get the "translucent" one as the lightest was a tad too dark for me when I tried one of my friends. I would honestly rather it be completely colorless but I don't mind the slight tint. I really like this product. I have had the same container for 2 months now and still have quite a bit of it left. I usually have dry skin but I have been taking some vitamins for my skin and have developed a slight shine. This works well with both. It hasn't dried out my skin or broken me out and it sets my foundation and covers my shine. I like the packaging it's cute, but I would not recommend the brush. It's just terrible... I use my kabuki brush and just use a thin layer on my face. It makes my face look airbrushed. I'm not going to say it works any magic as my makeup still wears off somewhat throughout the day but I don't find that this sinks into my lines or pores any more than usual, in fact I feel like it helps prevent it. I plan to repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by JenellaG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I put it on after applying Maybelline's Mineral Power foundation. It creates a smooth finish while helping reduce the look of large pores. The main ingredient here is corn starch so I guess in a pinch I could always use a corn starch-based baby powder instead. I used to use Bare Minerals finishing veil but Maybelline's is about 1/2 the cost and works just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by MzMac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this for the first time this morning. The sifter is not very forgiving, so quite a bit of shaking/tapping was needed to get the product out. Also, the brush it came with did feel like broom bristles so I used my own brush and the powder goes on well and appeared very natural. My face appeared brighter and luminous immediately after application. Three and half hours later, my face has a fresh, dewy healthiness to it that looks very natural.

I mainly wanted this for the purpose of setting the BB by Maybelline that I apply first, so I like that it is translucent and doesn't add any color. So far I do not notice any oxidation or orangey coloration of the BB underneath the veil. I have blotted with a kleenex, because my face does become very oily. So far, I can say this is not going to mattify your skin, especially if you are oily like me. But, it does gives a very natural glow. If you are looking for that type of look, then definitely try this product. Since this is only the first day, I'll update after a week as to whether I still like it, love it, or otherwise.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by nathalierae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not a huge fan of powder and this is the only one I've ever tried. It's easy to apply and it sets my foundation beautifully without looking really powdery.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ickythump

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this finishing veil. I think it makes my makeup lasts all day and I'd definitely recommend it. I live in Florida and it gets pretty hot and I used this to set my concealer when I went out. I was in the sun from 9:00 A.M. to 10 P.M. and my skin still looked great! I wouldn't use the brush that comes with it. At first I did and I was like "why do people hate this brush?! It works!" But when I used my own powder brush I got a much, much nicer look. It blends beautifully.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is ok, it hardly does anything though. I used it to absorb the excessive oil on my face and it's the only thing the powder is good for. I guess this is what it's supposed to do?