John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening Blow Dry Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening Blow Dry Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Water, Glycerin, VP/Methacrylamide/Vinyl Imidazole Copolymer, VP/VA Copolymer, PVP, Polysorbate 20, DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Citrate, Panthenol, Citric Acid, Fragrance, VP/DMPA Acrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone-4, Sea Salt, Alcohol Denat., Amp-Isostearoyl, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein.

on 11/2/2014 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I don't understand how this product does the magic that it does. My hair is not thin, but it's flat. I use the John Frieda Volume mousse to go with this which I also like, but a few sprays of this makes a huge difference. Sometimes I forget to use it and I can totally tell the difference. The smell is a light citrusy one. Nothing particularly amazing, but not overwhelming either.

I wouldn't go more than 8-10 sprays (2 on each section max - depending on how much hair you have, of course) or else it will make your hair really sticky and hard to work with.

This should be sprayed in damp (NOT wet) or almost dry hair right before blowdrying.

I really like this, and would definitely buy it again.

on 5/30/2013 2:22:00 AM

i have blonde thin hair. i apply this product after shower but it doesnt work well.
it feels like liquid gel, it has sticky form like gel. i used a few times and give it away.
i will not buy this again

on 4/17/2013 5:16:00 AM

This product is absolutely amazing, I have long, quite thin hair and I just put about 10 sprays of this in before blow drying and it makes my hair so thick! It gave it so much volume, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has flat hair and wants a quick way to get volume

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This works great. I use it when I get out of shower, turn my head upside down and spritz the roots. It gives great lift and delivers as promised. The price is good and a little bit goes a very long way. Delivers!

on 2/13/2012 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really liked this product! It didn't really thicken my hair, but it did lift the roots a lot. Since it is a spray, it is easy to control, and you get a big amount of product for your money. I had home bleached blonde, medium length hair, and it served well, beause it was heat protecting and softening. The packaging looked very luxurious and nice.

on 2/5/2012 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Its really just a root booster; not overall hair volumizer. Wouldnt rate it as fantastic. Like most products, just depends on trying it and seeing if it works for you! In my case it wasnt horrible or amazing. I would not purchase again just because it wasnt perfect for me personally. I shall keep searching....

on 8/9/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product...

This makes it feel so sleek, healthy and full, its quite amazing...

after towel drying my hair I spray all over...I then comb through...and then hairdry my hair, I turn my hair upside down and blowdry from roots to tips also...after doing so my hair is so much fuller and lovely...

I have been using this every time I wash my hair for over 2 years now...this product is genius...and even better with the matching shampoo and conditioner which I get with boots 3for2 offer...lovely products..would definately recommend you try it to see for yourself..

on 6/16/2011 3:18:00 AM

This I found really crappy and not helpful in any way, not even adding volume. In my opinion, itīs just an alcohol-loaded blow dry lotion which dries out my hair, is a bit sticky and otherwise does nothing. I didnīt even use up the sample size that I had, so bad I found it to be.

on 8/27/2010 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff actually works ! I couldn't work this out until i tried using on damp hair and blow dry it afterwards then i got a really good volume that lasted a very long time.

on 1/4/2010 1:00:00 PM

I gave this ago after years of trying to find something that would give my hair that luxurious 'oomph' you see in magazines and on TV. I've tried all sorts from mousses to serums, and have to say this is the one that REALLY impressed me. It isnt too heavy so you dont get that weighed down over-producted feeling but itsheavy enough to really give your hair that wow factor. Made my hair look bouncy and lush - loved it! It is expensive for a D/s brand, but you don't need much to its worth it to me. The only one left to try is B&B, so will re review after I have got my mitts on that.