August 22, 2014 | 1637 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Make Up For Ever - Brush Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

Just got it. Used it once. Cleans really well and fast (spot cleaning only, regular cleaning is still a must!) but my brushes are sort of shedding. Not sure if it's from this.

Will keep monitoring.

... Still shedding.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

disappointed.

that's the only way to describe this product. normally I'd use a a home made cleanser (thank you enKore) for a quick clean and wash my brushes on the weekend.

I decided to try this since it was $18 at sephora over here and 230ml of product plus the fact that it was in the spray bottle so I thought why not.

this is a really BAD product!!! it takes a few sprays to clean my eye brushes and alot more for my face one. plus no matter what you do the gel and cream based products WILL REMAIN ON THE BRUSH!!!!! I have to wash them which defeats the purpose of getting this thing anyway!

don't be fooled by the size of the bottle, you'll go through it in a snap and your brushes will still need to be washed anyway D=

stick to MAC or the home made recipe and away from this thing...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by TwiPixie

I just finished a bottle which made me realize I never made a review for this.
I love it! I bought it at sephora (a huuuuge bottle for 12€) because the sephora brand brush cleanser did not work for me and MUFE is usually a hit. So, firstly I liked the price for the amount I got.
The smell is indeed strong and you can tell just by it that it has alcohol which I actually quite like because that's the way to desinfect - alcohol. Also, the smell did not transfer to my brushes, at all. They didn't pick up any smell from this.
What amazes me about it is that it makes my brushes dry so much quickly (again, the alcohol I guess)! I can totally tell when I use it and I hate waiting for brushes to dry so I always use it.

If I'm in a rush I'll spray it on the brush, or on a piece of papel, and clean it that way, which works just fine for me but I'm big on deep cleaning so eight out of ten times I use it after deep cleaning the brushes. Mostly because, yes I use soap and all of that jazz but I want my brushes as desinfected of soaps and stuff as possible so I'd rather wash it and use this afterwards.

The package never annoyed me, maybe it sprays a little to widely sometimes but still, it doesn't squirt out product, it really sprays.

I'm off to buy another one because again, MUFE was a hit!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by devc07

I bought this brush cleanser since i left my MAC brush cleanser in my dorm (having my holiday now) and I'm not kidding when I'm telling you that MUFE brush cleanser sucks really bad....no kidding. I mean, i need to clean my brush regularly since I got acne-prone skin :( which is why i need a good brush cleanser, not a BAD one like THIS, why?
First, it comes in a spray bottle, which I thought at first would make the cleaning process much efficient and faster-and yet, I was wrong after all. It cleanse poorly as it was really hard to soak my brush, I need to spray a LOT-such a waste @@, and yet, it still worked poorly even after I practically soaked my brush in it, my MAC 187 duo fibre brush still got some foundation on it white bristle TT.
Second, it smells really strong-like, antiseptic i guess? that I had to hold my breath during the cleaning process. it also dried out my hand.
Third, it also vaporized really fast-especially on tissue, which is essential to work with this.
Fourth, it is pricey-yes, it cost me more than my MAC brush cleanser, in Indonesia it cost Rp 190.000,00 after rounding (around USD 20) and my MAC brush cleanser only cost around RP 130.000,00 after rounding (around USD 15)

conclusion: DON'T BUY this thing unless you really want to screw yourself, however if you really need a quick-fast acting brush cleanser (for a make-up artist,example) you probably want to get this because it comes in spray bottle, which makes it easier for application. Other than that, DON'T buy this thing, i mean it. Go get MAC brush cleanser since it really cleanser my brush really well and smells better than MUFE's despite its bulk appearances, yeah i know. After i finish this, I definitely am getting MAC's although it is hard to find official MAC store in Indonesia (I bought my previous one at Malaysia)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by DoraBora

I do not like this product that much. I admit i bought it happily, thinking this would be the all time solution for my cleaning routine. I believe brushes need to be cleaned deeply without being destroyed. you won't achieve that with this cleanser. I believe this particular product is good for everyday kind of sterilizing process for your brushes but not for deep cleaning. For the job it does, i also think it could be cheaper. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by VeryVain1985

I clean my brushes by putting some brush cleanser on a paper tissue and swipe the brushes back and forth till there is no residue left. If you use this method, the MAC brush cleanser is thousand times better.

The MAC brush cleanser is also much more convenient and cleanses better. The spray bottle by Make Up For Ever seems more convenient, but I really have to spray at least 5 times to get the tissue wet enough to clean my brushes. I need to have the paper tissue to be soaking wet for my brushes to be cleaned well, but unfortunately this MUFE cleanser dries out really fast on the paper tissue. After one minute or so, the cleanser is totally absorbed in the tissue.

This brush cleanser als have a stronger chemical unpleasant smell compared to the MAC brush cleanser. I always have to hold in my breath if I spritz this stuff on my brushes. I've bought the MAC brush cleanser for around 10 euro's (235ml) and the Make Up For Ever One was around 11-12 euro's (210ml), so the MUFE is more expensive for less product. So please don't even bother with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

This brush cleanser is very very hygenique & protective for people who use any sort of 'brush' on a daily use....
I own one foundation brush and one powder brush...since last 3 years and thats only because of this cleanser...Never felt the need to switch brushes coz this cleanser maintains and cleanses the bristles of your brush...
Just spray twice on the both sides of the brush and wipe it with a tissue...the brush feels as soft as it was bought !!!
Though i have heard awesome reviews about MAC 187...im currently using makeup forever foundation brush which does a great job of blending my sheer foundation! But will buy the MAC brush soon since i have heard amazin reviews and cant wait to get it!!
As far as this cleanser is concerened,,,I will stick to this only coz its the BEST thing ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush cleanser is great and the new packaging makes it a lot better. It cleans and sanitizes your brushes and you don't need to rinse, it also conditions your brushes and is great if you're in a hurry or using the same eyeshadow brush for different eyeshadow colors. Just spray it on, clean it against a piece of tissue, wave it around for the product to evaporate and you're good to go. Definitely a keeper in my make up kit.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

-- PIC INCLUDED --

++Description++

MUFE Brush Cleanser cleans, maintains, and protects the bristles of your makeup brushes. Its essential peppermint and red thyme oils deep clean and purify the bristles while a wheat protein-enriched lotion forms a protective film around each bristle. Its quick-drying formula leaves brushes soft and clean, making your brushes last longer and ensuring optimal hygene.

++My opinion++

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this purifying brush cleanser. The concept is pretty similar to the one sold by MAC but MUFE’s product is slightly better. Why?
1 – Its rinse free formula, you don’t need to use water after using it (this is so good, especially if you’re in a hurry);
2 - The presence of essential peppermint and red thyme oils among the ingredients;
3 - Its super-fast drying formula;
4 – The pump, you can spray the cleanser on your brush bristles directly without any wastage of product.

MUFE Brush Cleanser = € 10,90** - 210 ml. / 7.10 Fl. Oz.
MAC Brush Cleanser = € 10** - 235 ml. / 7.9 Fl. Oz.

This product is a must-have of mine now and I’d recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

** = In Italy